mikeisabstract

expeditite question.

14 posts in this topic

Form i 129f question

Im not legally disabled but i do have 2 issues with chrons disease/ibs they cant diagnose it right as im constantly in bathroom. And i have chronic lower back pain preventing me from standing or sitting for more then 30 min at a time without pain.  Im not a great candidate for any job but an at home one, but with these issues, even then, im on the toliet for hours at a time. Maybe 1 4th the day sometimes, so even at home it is difficult and with back pain im basically walking or laying down as i work with my pain, its so uncomfortable. 

I met my spouse here in philippines, and she is pregnant now 5 months.

I been getting paid by my mom for 1k  a month with some investments i made. We formed a business and she uses the profit from it to pay me 1k.she is also sponsoring me for the income requirment, and so i have some sort of tax forms showing i make some amount of cash. Im paying taxes basically on a madeup business of me managing my own money to show i have an income essentially. I cant get a job and the pain is bad. Im am blessed i was able to invest in good markets but now im having an issue.

My mom is having health issues and needs someone to assist her. She has insurance, so if needed im sure she can get someone to help.  shes having issues walking and has had major back surgery, her mobilty is really bad (Forgot to mention i own a house all paid for and i pay my bills on it water/electricity/internet in the states while im living here in the phillipines. My bills at home not even being there are higher then my bills living here in ph. Crazy i tell u. Its 400 after homeowners elec water internet while in ph im at 40 for all that while im using it.) Back to my mom she cant afford to help me and my funds are drying up. Also if i was home i would be assisting her.

My wife to be cant work, complications with baby and lots of bleeding and bed rest. (I know for expedite its what ever) so i dont want to leave her and even if i do my money almost gone and i can't get work.  Disability takes a while to file and the timing for when this back pain and craps happened a few months before i left to be with my fiance. I been to doctors all over and its conditions that i just have to live with. Very uncomfortible and no cure. I had medical marijuana at home, helped me a bit but here in ph thats life in jail so im smashing pain pills that i dislike to take;when its unbearable.   Now i can get documentation for any of my health issues not a problem here.

So i got my mom issue who needs me at home. I got my wife who needs me. Im a mess. Money is the killer here and my lack of it. I filed with an agency helping me with the i 129f in june.   Looks like mid 2024 till she can be in usa due to this 15 month wait plus the. Yadda yadda other stuff.    Other then selling my house and letting usa go, what can i do, im basically done for phyiscally, the pain is unreal  do i have a case to expedite? I was hoping to get home and sell house to a smaller place once im with her. Well not smaller but a cheaper bigger home just rural. My house since i owned it in 2008 has tripled in value in a now high value area. Can get a home twice the size for a third less if I wasn't picky, but i dont wanna sell it as i need that for declaration of assets.  I cant have cash in bank for other reasons, crazy ex wife. Also my mom forcing me to keep the place and i trying not to piss her off as i beed her for sponsor. Part of me wants to say f the house. My new home phillipines, but i dont want to leave family and i will need surgery for my back and meds for my stomach/back.   My situation sucks, back pain is the worst and im basically unworkable.    The fact im blowing money to pay taxes for a tax record just to get my girly home is crazy but im doing it. Now i hope i didnt just waste cash for nothing. In a way the business is legit cause im managing a stock market account but reality is its my money to begin with and a little bit my moms.  And occasionally i fix computers on the side but thats not a guarantee income, though it falls under the business however cant do that as im here in ph.  I read its my choice to be overseas i could go back home but again being home is not helping my finacial situation either. Some days i can't get around and my finace takes care of me. Many times ill be walking and a pinched nerve kicks me so hard i lose feeling in my legs and fall. Happens quite often and scares me that ill be paralyzed...   anything anyone. Please.

Edited by mikeisabstract

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

So what exactly do you want to achieve? I don't see an expedite happen in your situation. Like you said, you could go back to the US whenever. You could try for an expedite because of financial reasons. Saying that the burden of two households to support is not feasible and getting her to the US quicker would relieve that burden especially now with the situationwith your mom. But don't get your hopes up too high that it will be approved. 

You filed for a K1 but saying she's your spouse. If you're married that's the wrong visa. If you're not married stop calling her your spouse cause that can go horrible wrong with immigration 😉

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Few people would recommend a fiancee visa, but yes you can file for an Expedite, no restrictions. I would focus on exactly why you think you would qualify. This seems all over the place.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Can you rent your property out so you can make extra income while you’re in the Philippines? It seems like the most logical thing to do to alleviate the financial aspect.

As far as expediting your case, I think it is important to focus on which reason you are going to use as the reason for expedite. Based on your statement alone I feel it would be really confusing on what exactly the reason is for your expedite. Medical? Financial? Get clear on that, and it never hurts to try. If the expedite request is not approved, then I go back to my first point about renting the property out and waiting the process out with your fiancé in the Philippines. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

If you do not have legal disability and there is no diagnosis, how would you provide medical documentation necessary for the expedite to have a chance of success?

I would focus on getting paperwork straight.

3 hours ago, mikeisabstract said:

Disability can take years to get

In the mean time medical records can show i do have issues and pain.

And yet your fiance is with you and able to help you with those needs currently, so why exactly would you need the expedite?  That would be the way USCIS may look at it...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
15 hours ago, mikeisabstract said:

she is also sponsoring me for the income requirment

15 hours ago, mikeisabstract said:

Back to my mom she cant afford to help me and my funds are drying up.

Looks like finding a different financial co-sponsor will be another issue that you need to figure out.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

i would say marry while there and start CR1/  give up the K1 

then return to the US for diagnosis and treatment for back / to put it bluntly nerves control your bathroom issues too

proper diagnosis from a US dr might get u that expedite 

also apply for SSI and find a joint sponsor as SSI will not be approved in time for interview

but travel by boat as a flight would be miserable / u can't tie up a plane's bathroom with your issues and during takeoff and landing,,   you can't be in one

If your I-129F is still w USCIS , call tomorrow and ask for expedite. It’s difficult to get a human, so just say “ lost receipt “ without pressing any option buttons.

Write Down your argument for expedite , so that you can stay focused during the call. You will be requesting it for Medical Urgency and focus on hardship to 

1. YOU ( your condition is certainly aggravating/ deteriorating by what you describe) and will require specialized intervention/ treatment. You can request expedite by phone tomorrow and will have a week to email them medical records of recent doctor visits. In most cases they do not even ask for records. 

2. Unborn USC child. Describe your Fiancé’s high risk pregnancy ( bleeding and other complications) and stress the need to get medical care not available where you are.

If your expedite gets denied , you can appeal it ( all happens by email) and you have to dedicate serious effort to follow through. …because even if USCIS expedites approval you must continue the effort / campaign to have the Embassy also on board. 

Google your congressman and ask for help. You can do this . Congrats on fatherhood.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

Things to consider. You fiancé will not have health insurance, how will you pay the medical bills. 

You can't work, how will you support her and your mother. Your fiancé will not get her work authorization for months if not more than a year after she arrives.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Family said:

Write Down your argument for expedite , so that you can stay focused during the call. You will be requesting it for Medical Urgency and focus on hardship

Just remember that expedite text is limited to 1,000 characters. Pick your words very meaningfully.

On 12/10/2022 at 12:21 PM, mikeisabstract said:

they cant diagnose it

On a personal note, I say you need to get back to the US immediately and get in front of the right doctors.

With a good diagnosis and treatment plan, you will be better able to help yourself and new family. 

Sounds like you can go live w mom and be of great help to manage her care and help her het about as well. ..perhaps she would gladly welcome your fiancé and baby ..?

As for your empty house, maybe consider renting it out for 12 months, to alleviate $$ pressure as you figure out long term

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.