Peli88

Marital union requirements (split)

48 posts in this topic

33 minutes ago, Marieke H said:

Could someone please explain what the purpose of this thread is? I'm lost.

I've got a feeling we're being trolled here or something.

OP, if you're serious, just post the outcome of your interview for our knowledge. People here only try to help you based on what we've seen so far on this forum. Hopefully, you would get a quick positive decision without RFE. Especially if IO doesn't bring the subject in the interview.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
29 minutes ago, Peli88 said:

. For example having a business in his country of birth,

green cards are for living and doing business in America.  I’m unmoved by your argument.  

. There is no USCIS policy that states : during the 3 years you NEED to sleep under the safe roof with your partner and not to travel alone.

Hyperbole as an argumentative device is also leaves me unmoved. 

I do believe in spectrums though. 

If a couple  spends exactly 24 hours  apart from each other at exactly half of the 3 year period of marital union then I think it is safe to say 100 percent of ISOs will rule there is martial union.  

If a couple spends exactly 36 months less two days (the first day and last day)  aka 3 * 365 - w = 1093 days involuntarily apart during the 3 year period of marriage, I think it is safe to say most ISOs will conclude there is no martial union. 

Somewhere  on that  spectrum each ISO has a number of days involuntarily  apart that will cause them to  rule: “too much: case denied”. 

Travelling does not end your marriage especially if it is a justified travel. So please stop spreading false rules.

Perhaps  you can quote  me where i claimed I said that traveling ends your marriage. 

Read USCIS manual and then come with your point of view. Probably you re that type of person who drives on a 65mpq highway with 40 to be extra safe...

While it  is true  that I refuse to leave home with less than 40 kWh of reserve energy in my car’s battery I’m having trouble connecting that analogy to my belief that spending 90 consecutive  days from my wife would prefer her from naturalizing.  

Quote from USCIS manual : "Required travel or relocation for employment". Required can mean anything if is important for the immigrant. Some people think that it is a requirement to do certain things in their life. I can give you many examples.

Taking a job outside the USA can cause DHS to conclude you abandoned  your LPR status.  

A green card is for living in America.  

Edited by Mike E

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

You may have reasons you think are valid. 
The IO may have reasons to deny that are valid as well. 
My husband went to work to another city for a month. Guess what I did over the weekends! Travel to be with him. 
The law is the law. Whether you like it or it’s inconvenient for you, that’s a whole other story. Having a bank account doesn’t mean much. Of course, other factors in your case will play a role when deciding. 

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

Timeline
5 hours ago, Mike E said:

green cards are for living and doing business in America.  I’m unmoved by your argument.  

Hyperbole as an argumentative device is also leaves me unmoved. 

I do believe in spectrums though. 

If a couple  spends exactly 24 hours  apart from each other at exactly half of the 3 year period of marital union then I think it is safe to say 100 percent of ISOs will rule there is martial union.  

If a couple spends exactly 36 months less two days (the first day and last day)  aka 3 * 365 - w = 1093 days involuntarily apart during the 3 year period of marriage, I think it is safe to say most ISOs will conclude there is no martial union. 

Somewhere  on that  spectrum each ISO has a number of days involuntarily  apart that will cause them to  rule: “too much: case denied”. 

Perhaps  you can quote  me where i claimed I said that traveling ends your marriage. 

While it  is true  that I refuse to leave home with less than 40 kWh of reserve energy in my car’s battery I’m having trouble connecting that analogy to my belief that spending 90 consecutive  days from my wife would prefer her from naturalizing.  

Taking a job outside the USA can cause DHS to conclude you abandoned  your LPR status.  

A green card is for living in America.  

I think this is your personal record of not “outing” yourself again in a thread. 
I was actually expecting that after your last statement. You made very valid points.

FROM F1 TO AOS

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

July 18, 2023 approval

N400 

Timeline
14 hours ago, Peli88 said:

Don't forget that during COVID, US citizens where not allowed to travel to Europe

There were plenty of other countries where US citizens were allowed, for example Mexico. Couple could have made arrangements to meet elsewhere. That’s USCIS standpoint

FROM F1 TO AOS

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

July 18, 2023 approval

N400 

5 minutes ago, Cathi said:

Why are you being so hostile towards people who are attempting to understand your situation and offer help?

They can't offer help. They can't understand the written lines in USCIS manual. If you give them examples when the husband can't be home, they laugh. An user above tells me to meet my wife in a neutral country :)). They are just passionate about their believes and nothing more. Those type of people who think that if u are married with a woman you need kids to prove USCIS the union...

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Peli88 said:

Those type of people who think that if u are married with a woman you need kids to prove USCIS the union...

Not sure what you mean with that. I have never said anything about being married to a woman or a man, nor has @Mike E or @OldUser. We’re actually trying to help you understand how USCIS might see your case. That’s all. We don’t laugh at the husband not being home. Nobody has laughed. What were telling you is that USCIS will look at the efforts the couple has made to see each other and spend time together at the time. They’ve quoted lines of the manual that back them up, yet you twist them to fit your case. Europe is small and many countries were allowing USC

FROM F1 TO AOS

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

July 18, 2023 approval

N400 

5 minutes ago, Peli88 said:

They can't offer help. They can't understand the written lines in USCIS manual. If you give them examples when the husband can't be home, they laugh. An user above tells me to meet my wife in a neutral country :)). They are just passionate about their believes and nothing more. Those type of people who think that if u are married with a woman you need kids to prove USCIS the union...

OP... can you explain YOUR specific situation? I'm a little confused. 

Is it just the 3 month trip to your home country during COVID or is it additional information of one spouse works as a trucker AND is going to night school? 

And when is the interview. If you've only been married for 3 years when did you get your GC? Generally, you can only apply for citizenship after 3 years married to a USC and 3 years of holding the GC. 

Have you had your I-751 interview yet or will it be a combo interview? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
47 minutes ago, Peli88 said:

You keep accusing me of writing things that I don’t believe I’ve said and you are unable to quote me saying those things.

What word do we used to describe  someone who claims someone else did or said something  without  providing evidence? 

For the record, my wife and I don’t have children between us. 

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Crazy Cat said:

This thread has my vote as most confusing of 2022. 😁

Hopefully OP will come back after the interview and enlighten us

FROM F1 TO AOS

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

July 18, 2023 approval

N400 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.