useful89

Citizenship Interview Question

47 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, JeanneAdil said:

it can be combo

but we have seen the naturalization put on hold waiting for ROC to process

look in search box for combo/N 400 interview posts

Sure, but can you guarantee it will be N-400 only interview? I cannot. The safest thing is to assume it's going to be a combo.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Op, you need to attend with your spouse because of the pending ROC. Whether you get interviewed or not should be reason to skip or not. Don't throw caution to the wind.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline
6 hours ago, useful89 said:

How often is the USC interviewed for the ROC interview? Is it very common or only in suspicious cases?

We got a combo interview with lots of evidence and no RFE, so in your case an i751 interview is likely needed. We also just got n400 invitations with no indication a spouse was needed for our combo interview in Sacramento in May. We were both called into the interview room together.

It is going to be 55 degrees in Dallas Monday, the dog should be good in the car. Our i751/n400 interview took about 2 hours. You can just attend the i751 interview and go stay with the dog during the n400 interview.

Good luck

Edited by da95826

K1 Visa Arrived USA July 2017

Married August 2017

AOS Approved July 2018

Filed for i751 joint application May 2020

Fingerprints reused October 2020, and February 2021 and June 2021 (Yes 3 fingerprint notices)

Case move to National Benefits Center December 2020 for quicker processing from California Service Center

Oct 2021 out of processing time inquiry made, response May 5th 2022 that our i751 case will be addressed at our n400 interview

Combo interview May 16th 2022, in Sacramento

Approved June 08, 2022

Filed for Naturalization May 2021

Fingerprints reused May 2021

Combo interview May 16th 2022, in Sacramento, 

Approved June 08, 2022

Oath Ceremony completed June 29th 2022

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
12 hours ago, useful89 said:

I'll be right outside and he's fine to be left in the truck for awhile. 

...then why did you bring up the issue about your dog?

You should attend, and if the weather looks  temperate enough for your dog to be left in your car for a hour or two then do that.

Also, if the drive is 4 hours then the total time should be about 10 hours max.  Your dog cannot be left at home alone for that amount of time?  Did you have to take your dog with you to work?  

I say this because we have two dogs and they are fine for 10 hours, up to 12 hours in a pinch.  We try not to have them alone that long but sometimes our work schedule requires it.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
10 hours ago, OldUser said:

Sure, but can you guarantee it will be N-400 only interview? I cannot. The safest thing is to assume it's going to be a combo.

i said "it can be"  operative word here is "can"

i don't know

some have had this 

and some have been put into AP while the results from ROC are processed (seen both happening on here)

My wife just had her interview last Thursday. It was a combo interview and they brought me in for the first part for ROC as the officer stated that they cannot approve N400 until I751 is approved. We did get an email from the office to make sure she brought me. If I were you, I would go and request a combo interview, even if they haven't outright stated it would be one.

x

Regardless of all the issues with the immigration side of this I think its important you go with your wife. This is one of the biggest days of her life and all the MORAL Support you can provide will go along way. Plus if the officer asks if your available she can say yes, hes right outside. With an answer like that you probably wont be needed as your presence speaks volumes. Now as far as the dog....  My dog loves rides in the truck and doesnt mind being left alone as your smell is all over the place. My dog just curls up and sleeps on my seat till I get back. Our letter had the same warnings about brining other people but at the door the guards were more than welcoming and invited me in.  Go with your wife.... she needs you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline
36 minutes ago, Bob in Boston said:

Regardless of all the issues with the immigration side of this I think its important you go with your wife. This is one of the biggest days of her life and all the MORAL Support you can provide will go along way. Plus if the officer asks if your available she can say yes, hes right outside. With an answer like that you probably wont be needed as your presence speaks volumes. Now as far as the dog....  My dog loves rides in the truck and doesnt mind being left alone as your smell is all over the place. My dog just curls up and sleeps on my seat till I get back. Our letter had the same warnings about brining other people but at the door the guards were more than welcoming and invited me in.  Go with your wife.... she needs you.

My wife is the one insisting she doesn't need me there and to just stay in the truck unless called in later lol. Otherwise yeah I'd be going in with her from the beginning. I wish I knew if we can only go in simultaneously or if it would be possible to go in later at the IO's request

1 hour ago, Scott Br said:

My wife just had her interview last Thursday. It was a combo interview and they brought me in for the first part for ROC as the officer stated that they cannot approve N400 until I751 is approved. We did get an email from the office to make sure she brought me. If I were you, I would go and request a combo interview, even if they haven't outright stated it would be one.

Did you initially wait outside or go in with her from the beginning?

Timeline
2 hours ago, SteveInBostonI130 said:

...then why did you bring up the issue about your dog?

You should attend, and if the weather looks  temperate enough for your dog to be left in your car for a hour or two then do that.

Also, if the drive is 4 hours then the total time should be about 10 hours max.  Your dog cannot be left at home alone for that amount of time?  Did you have to take your dog with you to work?  

I say this because we have two dogs and they are fine for 10 hours, up to 12 hours in a pinch.  We try not to have them alone that long but sometimes our work schedule requires it.

We have a completely separate trip planned for monday-tuesday once her stuff is over. Absolutely nothing indicated I would be needed, I only checked here yesterday out of curiosity. We cannot cancel the trip and cannot find somewhere else to leave our dog. In any event, yes he's fine being left alone all day but I'm not leaving him at a kennel with people I don't know. Leaving him in the truck for a bit seems like the best idea here. I don't necessarily like it but he's not destructive. I'm more worried about someone breaking windows to steal him or something

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline
44 minutes ago, useful89 said:

My wife is the one insisting she doesn't need me there and to just stay in the truck unless called in later lol. Otherwise yeah I'd be going in with her from the beginning. I wish I knew if we can only go in simultaneously or if it would be possible to go in later at the IO's request

With an i751 interview you must attend together, I would go to the appointment together from the start. The i751 will likely be conducted first, once done you leave the interview and return to your car once the interviewing officer is done with you.

You waited so long to get to this point you should prioritize USCIS requirements to complete your case. You should be prepared to do both the i751 and the n400 interviews. Remember you need to provide original documents requested for the n400 interview like the original US citizen birth records, updated tax transcripts for joint tax returns, and should provide updated bona fide marriage proof for the i751. And most of all a joint i751 interview requires the spouse to attend with the petitioner to be approved.

K1 Visa Arrived USA July 2017

Married August 2017

AOS Approved July 2018

Filed for i751 joint application May 2020

Fingerprints reused October 2020, and February 2021 and June 2021 (Yes 3 fingerprint notices)

Case move to National Benefits Center December 2020 for quicker processing from California Service Center

Oct 2021 out of processing time inquiry made, response May 5th 2022 that our i751 case will be addressed at our n400 interview

Combo interview May 16th 2022, in Sacramento

Approved June 08, 2022

Filed for Naturalization May 2021

Fingerprints reused May 2021

Combo interview May 16th 2022, in Sacramento, 

Approved June 08, 2022

Oath Ceremony completed June 29th 2022

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

I have an idea. 
Take the dog for doggy day camp at PetSmart. They have full or half play dates. It’s not that expensive. I take mine once a week. Or sign up for Rover. It’s an app for dog Nannies basically. They can go to your home, take the dog for a walk, feed and give them water. 
It’s just a few hours… dog is going to be fine. How old and what breed?

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

Timeline
2 hours ago, da95826 said:

With an i751 interview you must attend together, I would go to the appointment together from the start. The i751 will likely be conducted first, once done you leave the interview and return to your car once the interviewing officer is done with you.

You waited so long to get to this point you should prioritize USCIS requirements to complete your case. You should be prepared to do both the i751 and the n400 interviews. Remember you need to provide original documents requested for the n400 interview like the original US citizen birth records, updated tax transcripts for joint tax returns, and should provide updated bona fide marriage proof for the i751. And most of all a joint i751 interview requires the spouse to attend with the petitioner to be approved.

Thanks for the feedback. We have everything but the original birth certificate..the letter from USCIS doesn’t say it has to be the original. Wouldn’t that be communicated clearly if a copy doesn’t suffice?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
3 minutes ago, useful89 said:

He’s an intact golden retriever. He’s the nicest least aggressive dog but almost always gets pounced on by other intact males. We’ve learned our lesson and I’m not leaving him to play with others. As for the other comment, is it also against the TOS for users to be patronizing and insulting, and posting useless replies?

Nobody insulted you. We’re all trying to help. 
im sure if you sign up for Rover you can filter the walker you get based on what you want. 
I also leave my dogs in the car for sometime (running with AC on but locked) and I’ve never had anything happen to them. But still, I don’t feel comfortable leaving them in the car for who knows how long. I’m sure either Rover, PetSmart or a friendly neighbor would help

3 minutes ago, useful89 said:

Wouldn’t that be communicated clearly if a copy doesn’t suffice?

No, they don’t communicate clearly 

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Rocio0010 said:

Nobody insulted you. We’re all trying to help. 
im sure if you sign up for Rover you can filter the walker you get based on what you want. 
I also leave my dogs in the car for sometime (running with AC on but locked) and I’ve never had anything happen to them. But still, I don’t feel comfortable leaving them in the car for who knows how long. I’m sure either Rover, PetSmart or a friendly neighbor would help

No, they don’t communicate clearly 

I’m seeing conflicting info on this site about it an original is needed or not. On what basis do you say an original is for sure required? 

14 minutes ago, useful89 said:

I’m seeing conflicting info on this site about it an original is needed or not. On what basis do you say an original is for sure required? 

You send copies of documents with I-751 and N-400 applications.

You bring originals to the interview(s).

Can you please point out where exactly do you see conflicting info on the website?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.