Hemutian

November 2022 I-751 Filers

417 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
7 hours ago, just113 said:

Please I am preparing for my application as soon as my window opens January ,  I will like to Pay with check buy my check book still have our old address on it, I am still using it to pay  some things with no issues, but I don't know if I can use it to pay usicis and wether any one has used check with old address on it to pay uscis.  I am thinking of ordering a new one with our current address, 

Old address on the check is not a big deal. Ours also has old address on it. Just make sure you put all the relevant information on it. Like your A-number, form name and number etc. We put our current address also on the check.

44 minutes ago, MlgSea said:

Hello! End-of-October filer here, so I'll be looking at both the October and November threads :)

31 OCT 2022: Sent ROC packet out via UPS.

7 NOV 2022: Received text from USCIS:  “Your case was received. Official Receipt Notice (Form I-797C) to follow in mail."

12 NOV 2022: Received I-797 NOA in the mail (dated 7 NOV 2022), 24 months extension.

21 NOV 2022: Received I-797C Biometrics appointment in the mail (dated 12 NOV 2022) for 29 NOV 2022.

Called USCIS today to try to move my biometrics appointment to a different state because I am/was planning to go on a work trip to that state next week but the agent said it wasn't possible. At least she was nice about it, and offered if I'd like to change the date instead -- I declined because I'd just be on another work trip then. She also offered to look up my case's processing time (unprompted, which was kind), and at first she said 18 months (which I figured), but then she looked up something further (not sure what, I was distracted with having to possibly change my work trip plans) and came back to me with an August 2023 date. Again, I was distracted so I just said, "great, sounds good, thanks!" After hanging up I realized that August 2023 is practically around the corner and I wish I had paid more attention to what she was telling me. Ha!

It is impossible to know what the date is for sure but I wonder if August 2023 is when she was saying you are eligible to apply for citizenship?! ☺️  that’s personally when I am eligible (my 2 year greencard expires on Thursday this week)

Good luck with the process of biometrics! 🤞🏽

Timeline
44 minutes ago, MlgSea said:

Hello! End-of-October filer here, so I'll be looking at both the October and November threads :)

31 OCT 2022: Sent ROC packet out via UPS.

7 NOV 2022: Received text from USCIS:  “Your case was received. Official Receipt Notice (Form I-797C) to follow in mail."

12 NOV 2022: Received I-797 NOA in the mail (dated 7 NOV 2022), 24 months extension.

21 NOV 2022: Received I-797C Biometrics appointment in the mail (dated 12 NOV 2022) for 29 NOV 2022.

Called USCIS today to try to move my biometrics appointment to a different state because I am/was planning to go on a work trip to that state next week but the agent said it wasn't possible. At least she was nice about it, and offered if I'd like to change the date instead -- I declined because I'd just be on another work trip then. She also offered to look up my case's processing time (unprompted, which was kind), and at first she said 18 months (which I figured), but then she looked up something further (not sure what, I was distracted with having to possibly change my work trip plans) and came back to me with an August 2023 date. Again, I was distracted so I just said, "great, sounds good, thanks!" After hanging up I realized that August 2023 is practically around the corner and I wish I had paid more attention to what she was telling me. Ha!

That is a quick turnaround. So they are not automatically waiving biometrics for pretty much everyone like they were doing during pandemic and post-pandemic.

9 minutes ago, cbro20 said:

Wow, that’s a fast turnaround on biometrics. What service center was your petition sent to?

Mine got sent to the National Benefits Center. Roughly a month turnaround seems to be the norm lately (mine is a little less than a month).

4 minutes ago, Meg101 said:

It is impossible to know what the date is for sure but I wonder if August 2023 is when she was saying you are eligible to apply for citizenship?! ☺️  that’s personally when I am eligible (my 2 year greencard expires on Thursday this week)

Thank you! Hmm.. I doubt that's what it was, my permanent residency only started on January 2021 (although I've lived here for over a decade as a student)..

3 minutes ago, gogogo786 said:

That is a quick turnaround. So they are not automatically waiving biometrics for pretty much everyone like they were doing during pandemic and post-pandemic.

I didn't go through AOS so I wasn't expecting to be waived because they don't already have my biometrics.

8 minutes ago, Meg101 said:

7 minutes ago, gogogo786 said:

Judging from the spreadsheets in other threads, it appears that biometrics is likely (but not guaranteed) to be waived if your petition was sent to any place other than the National Benefits Center (NBC).

This particular poster was sent to NBC and didn’t go through AOS, though, so biometrics were essentially guaranteed for them.

Will continue hoping that my petition, sent to Nebraska, will waive biometrics.

Timeline
20 minutes ago, MlgSea said:

Thank you! Hmm.. I doubt that's what it was, my permanent residency only started on January 2021 (although I've lived here for over a decade as a student)..

I didn't go through AOS so I wasn't expecting to be waived because they don't already have my biometrics.

Ahhh that makes sense.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
3 hours ago, cbro20 said:

Judging from the spreadsheets in other threads, it appears that biometrics is likely (but not guaranteed) to be waived if your petition was sent to any place other than the National Benefits Center (NBC).

This particular poster was sent to NBC and didn’t go through AOS, though, so biometrics were essentially guaranteed for them.

Will continue hoping that my petition, sent to Nebraska, will waive biometrics.

Interviews for ROC can get waived if the applicant already had an interview inside the US and my guess is that the same applies to biometrics. Since NBC is handling everything that has to be sent to a Local Field Office it does make sense that cases that don't fulfill these criteria do get sent there. Same for people that apply for naturalization while ROC is still pending. Their ROC cases often get transferred to NBC too to get combined with their N-400 and then sent together to a field office for interview.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Dude41 said:

My case was received 11/21 however. I still have not received text notification (11/23). 

If it was received on Monday that means they only picked it up yesterday. It's a holiday week and you have to be a little bit more patient I would say 😉

Maybe Friday you'll get something. Or tonight. 

Edited by Letspaintcookies

8 minutes ago, Dude41 said:

My case was received 11/21 however. I still have not received text notification (11/23). 

Still a bit early yet too,  you should be notified in the next few days. Provided you sent in the notification form.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belize
Timeline

Hi everyone, I just read through the entire thread and wish I didn't. My anxiety is a little high now. I sent in my package on 11/14 it arrived 11/15 Elgin and nothing yet. Now I am here second guessing if I did something wrong for no response as yet. I did add the G1145 but I paid via credit card. I am keeping fingers crossed I hear something as early as Friday or Monday

Edited by Angel52

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.