shebonn40

Going to do visa again after being denied (merged x3)

41 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

I met my husband in 2004.  He had been deported 2 times before we met.  In 2013, he got deported back his country.  We got married about a month before he left.  I started our visa journey sending off paperwork.  I went to immigration interview and was able to show proof of our relationship.  I sent off visa paperwork.  They said he had to spend 10 years in his country.  He has been in Honduras for almost 10 years.  I have been here over 17 times each time spending 3 to 4 weeks at a time.  Also, I have been supporting him for these years.  What are his chances of coming back?  I did all the paperwork the first time by myself.  Should I hire an attorney?

After the 10 year bar you'll be able to obtain the visa for your spouse. After the 10 years as long as you file the correct paperwork to bring him to the USA, I wouldn't see why he would have any problems.

AOS/TPS/EAD obstacles with my non-US spouse

Ramos v. Nielsen happens
Late 2019 we decide to leave the USA for good because it wasn't worth it for us to stay in the USA in limbo.
US Immigration is interesting which is why I'm still here

17 minutes ago, shebonn40 said:

They said he had to spend 10 years in his country

Did he already attend his IV Consular interview and was he given a Refusal Letter with inadmissibility ( look for section of law letter/numbers) that stated he was barred for only 10 years? 

You can blank any personal info and upload here for any feedback. 

Being deported “twice “ usually comes with longer bar..

https://www.ilrc.org/sites/default/files/resources/i-212_advisory-final.pdf

It will help you prepare to have his EOIR FOIA records 

https://www.justice.gov/eoir/freedom-information-act-foia

Also note that since you will have been married 10 years by the time he comes , you should update embassy with I-864 W ( exemption) and he can come in fully vested under your SS credits. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

9C so life time ban waiverable after 10 years.

There may of course be other issues.

Did you use a Lawyer?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Moved to IR1/CR1 P&P, form K1 P&P - The op is already married.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline

We attended an consulate interview in 2014 in his country and he was denied entry back into US.  I consulted a lawyer in 2015 and sent a 212 and visa paperwork.  I tried to get him back with medical and extreme hardship if I had to live in his country.  I work in the medical field and don’t speak the language.  They sent a denial letter back and a 10 year ban.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

So they approved the I 212?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

25 minutes ago, shebonn40 said:

We attended an consulate interview in 2014 in his country and he was denied entry back into US.  I consulted a lawyer in 2015 and sent a 212 and visa paperwork.  I tried to get him back with medical and extreme hardship if I had to live in his country.  I work in the medical field and don’t speak the language.  They sent a denial letter back and a 10 year ban

Ok, sounds like you had legal help after the 2014 interview and the Letter was from Consulate w only the 10 year bar. 

Also gathering from you that lawyer filed I-212 and I-601 ( hardship to you) and am guessing here but they denied the I-212 ( he was NOT eligible per statute /words to that effect) and deemed the I-601 moot ( thus they did not evaluate your hardship (?). 

Best you can do is wait for the 10 year mark, contact embassy and request reschedule of interview ..may take a few tries and getting your Congressman’s help . 

Use the Consulates Letter w findings from the 2014 interview and the I-212/I-601 denials as talking points ( ref case #s , decision dates and 10 year findings) to insist he is no longer inadmissible. 

If you can manage emailing Consulate back and forth, getting them to respond and reschedule an interview for him after 10 years are up , you are in good shape.

Have back-up plan to hire attorney if you get stuck and if  Congressman’s office inquiry gets you no where…

• 3 months later...
Timeline

My husband has been in his country for almost 10 years.  He got a 10 year ban.  I have an approved 130.  What papers do I need to file?  I have been supporting him for the whole time.  Plus I have been to his country over 16 times.  We have been together for 20 years and married for 11 years.  What will help me get him over for good?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Visit the guide for a spouse visa that is linked here

Edited by Rocio0010

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

I need support too

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

• Ontarkie changed the title to Going to do visa again after being denied (merged)
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Related threads merged as the previous information is needed to give the best possible answers.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.