ryan3434

What if the airfare is too much to leave US within 90 days?

57 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

all travel agencies are free

any chance the contract could include air fare to return to China

at least marry here so u can be prepared to do the spouse visa

a prenup?  there is a temp plate for international prenup free to download on internet 

15 hours ago, ryan3434 said:

Hello, my Chinese fiance is currently in the US on a K1. Our situation is unique because even if we get married within 90 days, we both need to return to China in Sept. for work. (Her 90 days is up on Sept. 13). However, the flight tickets to China before that point are at least $8K, which is about 15x the normal price. Does anyone know whether the USCIS has issued a waiver for this situation, or if we can apply for extension due to these extenuating circumstances? Thank you!!

Check Delta Airlines, they have Korean Air flying there at a reasonable rate. Try the Prestige Class and you can lay down on the flight. 

6 minutes ago, ryan3434 said:
1 hour ago, Palawan said:

Check Delta Airlines, they have Korean Air flying there at a reasonable rate. Try the Prestige Class and you can lay down on the flight. 

Thanks to everyone for your help, even the haters :)

Hope you stay on and keep posting, maybe become the Life Line for those going through China on their immigration journey! Glad you took the very active engagement to your post in good spirits, I even got schooled in gender neutral “  veceu “ ( my native tongue) lol

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Not sure if it has been mentioned, but don't look at one-trip tickets. They are a lot pricier than roundtrip tickets. Make sure to buy the refundable version so you can cancel the return ticket and get your money back. 

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
17 hours ago, Timona said:

To piggy ride on this: Don't attempt Doha. With WC in 3 months or so, it's hectic. 

My sister, this past weekend, was denied boarding from Doha to IAH "because flight was overbooked." Spent the night at the airport and was lucky to get next flight. 

Good to know this

On 8/2/2022 at 11:12 AM, Scandi said:

Not sure if it has been mentioned, but don't look at one-trip tickets. They are a lot pricier than roundtrip tickets. Make sure to buy the refundable version so you can cancel the return ticket and get your money back. 

Not what I am seeing: Delta direct from DFW to Hong Kong round trip is around 1800, One way is 900.

Use September 11th as the date you want to fly out.

Flight Results : Find & Book Airline Tickets : Delta Air Lines

Edited by Palawan

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
On 8/1/2022 at 7:29 PM, Cathi said:

I have never seen a single person on this site, a regular or otherwise, ever say say that DIY immigration is easy, fast or cheap. Not once in my 11 years on this site.

I've never head anyone say it was fast, but IME if you have a straightforward case it's more tedious than difficult (to do the paperwork; the stress of being in a long-distance relationship can be difficult for many people) and (as per this case) the major things that are expensive are not immigration fees.

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

On 8/3/2022 at 1:12 AM, Scandi said:

How much do you get back?

Looking at return tickets from Korea and return is $700 more than one way.... 

• 5 weeks later...

OP here. To follow up on this, we just got married on Aug. 30 :))) and we managed to get her a ticket back to China via Hong Kong, which is a little more complicated with extra quarantining, but the airfare comes to only $2,200 instead of $6,000. I need to return to China later this fall for work, so there is no point in applying for green card now. Thanks again for your help. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/2/2022 at 8:29 AM, ryan3434 said:

OP here. To follow up on this, we just got married on Aug. 30 :))) and we managed to get her a ticket back to China via Hong Kong, which is a little more complicated with extra quarantining, but the airfare comes to only $2,200 instead of $6,000. I need to return to China later this fall for work, so there is no point in applying for green card now. Thanks again for your help. 

I missed your answer - that is good news!  Best of luck in your journey!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.