15 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi!

I'm way ahead for ROC at the moment, I'm not due until October or so next year but I'd like to get ahead. I've already begun collecting some documents but at this moment would like some samples of what people have sent for their ROC as samples of showing co-mingling in their lives. This is what I have/will have collected for the package so far.

-Joint bank accounts 

-Joint tax filing 

-Joint car insurance 

- Health insurance (not sure how to show this, but we're military so my coverage is under his name as sponsor) 

- Photos showing time spent together with family/together 

- Flight tickets together (Haven't flown a lot but at least 1 so far) 

- Joint bills with our names on them (water, electric, gas) 

- Possibly join credit cards (I am listed as the 2ndary user of ones he owns- don't have one of my own as of yet)

I've seen people mentioned affidavits may be included but is it required? I feel as though the proof above seems sufficient but if we were to need affidavits who would be best to obtain them from? Family members, friends, coworkers?

Is there anything else anyone would recommend to add to the list?

Not sure if applicable but I'm currently not working, so no paystubs or anything of my own. When/if I do find a job, would any kind of employment proof be necessary? I know it is more of a focus to show that the marriage is continuous and maintained and co-mingling, so I wasn't sure if my employment status mattered here.

No children, we do have a pet though - and both our names are on the adoption paperwork.

Thanks in advance! 
Also, do ROCs get their interview waivered if they had one for their conditional GC? 
I remember by IO telling me it may/may not be waived.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

You might consider getting simple wills/living wills.  You also might include some samples of cards or correspondence that were addressed to both of you.  Affidavits do not really carry much weight, we included them from some family and friends, but they are secondary and not really necessary.  Don't go hog wild on the photos, I would not include more than 6-12 printed in color and captioned (we imbedded them in a Powerpoint file and printed out the slides for the submission).  We did have an ROC interview even though we also had an interview for the conditional GC, but that may have been because my wife also had an N400 application in process, so it was really a combo interview.

Overall, your list is fairly complete right now, and it is good you are planning ahead.

Good Luck!

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

This is what we sent:

For ROC

Apartment lease with both our names & signatures
Joint bank checking acct statements since wife's arrival in June 2017.
Deed for new home with both our names
Mortgage Lender Letter with both our names.
Credit Cards showing both on joint account with same card number.
Amazon delivery label showing both names and our current address.
Wife's Military Dependent ID card showing me as the sponsor.
Tricare Eligibility Letter showing both of us together.
Military pay statement showing wife as my benefic.
Texas Health Care Directives appointing each other as sole health care proxy(Advanced Directives)
Our Texas driver's licenses with same address for both of us
2018 Joint Tax ReturnTax Returns 
Pictures of us on special occasions here in the US.
Car Insurance Cards showing both of us as insured drivers for our car
Boarding Passes for Las Vegas Valentine Day Trip 2019
Utility application showing both our names for our current address    

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Crazy Cat said:

This is what we sent:

For ROC

Apartment lease with both our names & signatures
Joint bank checking acct statements since wife's arrival in June 2017.
Deed for new home with both our names
Mortgage Lender Letter with both our names.
Credit Cards showing both on joint account with same card number.
Amazon delivery label showing both names and our current address.
Wife's Military Dependent ID card showing me as the sponsor.
Tricare Eligibility Letter showing both of us together.
Military pay statement showing wife as my benefic.
Texas Health Care Directives appointing each other as sole health care proxy(Advanced Directives)
Our Texas driver's licenses with same address for both of us
2018 Joint Tax ReturnTax Returns 
Pictures of us on special occasions here in the US.
Car Insurance Cards showing both of us as insured drivers for our car
Boarding Passes for Las Vegas Valentine Day Trip 2019
Utility application showing both our names for our current address    

Oh, the military dependent ID card is a good idea that slipped my mind!
I forgot to list the Rental agreement with both our names, so that will be included.

I'll have to look into my current state's specific about health care directives.

Thank you, there are some things here I haven't considered at all but will definitely be added for the military stuff 😁

Timeline
12 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

military (Marine Corp) made my son do a POA for his wife 

I think we will do that as well. We were going to, but he ended up not going. Will probably be a good addition. :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

You have made a great start!  Keep letters, invitations, holiday cards, or other correspondence addressed to both of you.  When you travel, make sure BOTH names are on the hotel bookings.  Take pictures with /family/friends/in readily recognizable places/ (Examples:  Statue of Liberty, Hoover Dam, Eiffel Tower, Petronas Towers, Big Ben, CN Tower, The Peak, St. Louis Arch, Golden Gate Bridge, Sydney Opera House - you get the idea).  As someone above said, don't go overboard - but do show friends and family if you can. 

Best of luck on your journey!

Sukie in NY

Spoiler

Spoiler

Our Prior Journey

N-400 Naturalization

18-Feb-2018 - submitted N-400 online, credit card charged

18-Feb-2018 - NOA1

12-Mar-2018 - Biometrics 

18-June-2018 - Notice of interview received

26-July-2018 - Interview  - APPROVED!!!

26-July-2018 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled

17-Aug-2018 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
43 minutes ago, Rlewis said:

I think we will do that as well. We were going to, but he ended up not going. Will probably be a good addition. :)

its not a bad idea for both to do for the other to have POA 

Wills also are needed even if you're young 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
4 hours ago, Rlewis said:

I've seen people mentioned affidavits may be included but is it required? I feel as though the proof above seems sufficient but if we were to need affidavits who would be best to obtain them from? Family members, friends, coworkers?

Affidavits from US citizens, especially those who took an oath for their work (lawyer, military, etc.) might have some weight. If you go that route, I suggest you draft the letters, and ask the reference person to sign. The letter should describe their citizenship, address, email, phone number, employer, how long they have known the couple, and their observations of the couple acting in a married union.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
20 hours ago, Rlewis said:

Hi!

I'm way ahead for ROC at the moment, I'm not due until October or so next year but I'd like to get ahead. I've already begun collecting some documents but at this moment would like some samples of what people have sent for their ROC as samples of showing co-mingling in their lives. This is what I have/will have collected for the package so far.

-Joint bank accounts 

-Joint tax filing 

-Joint car insurance 

- Health insurance (not sure how to show this, but we're military so my coverage is under his name as sponsor) 

- Photos showing time spent together with family/together 

- Flight tickets together (Haven't flown a lot but at least 1 so far) 

- Joint bills with our names on them (water, electric, gas) 

- Possibly join credit cards (I am listed as the 2ndary user of ones he owns- don't have one of my own as of yet)one of your own is not needed / 2ndary is good proof of commingling finances 

I've seen people mentioned affidavits may be included but is it required? I feel as though the proof above seems sufficient but if we were to need affidavits who would be best to obtain them from? Family members, friends, coworkers?   Not really needed and answered by another member 

Is there anything else anyone would recommend to add to the list?

Not sure if applicable but I'm currently not working, so no paystubs or anything of my own. When/if I do find a job, would any kind of employment proof be necessary? I know it is more of a focus to show that the marriage is continuous and maintained and co-mingling, so I wasn't sure if my employment status mattered here.  many do not work as they want to care for the home/ children/  i even know a husband who is the homemaker while wife has an outside job

No children, we do have a pet though - and both our names are on the adoption paperwork.

Thanks in advance! 
Also, do ROCs get their interview waivered if they had one for their conditional GC? 
I remember by IO telling me it may/may not be waived.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Reinforcing earlier replies:

1.  Affidavits are suggested purely when more-primary evidence is thin or weak.

2.  Your estate documents (Wills, Powers of Attorney, et al.) make excellent evidence, and they're even more important to have in "life."

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Good afternoon... hope everyone is doing well...

I am preparing to send i751, this is what i have... is it enough?

1. Lease under both names

2. proof of 3 trips, two of them to our country to visit family and one to San Diego

3. bank statement of joint account

4. Seaworld season passes for the entire year with our names

5. Car insurance both names

6. our DL with the same address

7. Income taxes from 2019-2022

8. utility under my husbands name and Cable bill under my name with same address

9. Pictures with family and friends.

WE DON`t have health insurance.... will that be an Issue?

I-129 F SENT 11/27/2018

NOA 1 12/03/2018

RFE      04/10/2019

RFE REPLY 04/25/2019

NOA 2 05/09/2019

NVC RECEIVED 06/05/2019

CASE # ASSIGNED NVC  06/10/2019

NVC LEFT 06/25/2019

EMBASSY RECEIVED 07/02/2019

K1 INTERVIEW APPROVAL  07/18/2019

USA ENTRY🛬 07/30/2019

MARRIED 🤵💖👰09/13/2019

AOS SENT 10/08/2019

AOS RECEIVED 10/09/2019

AOS NOA 1 10/25/2019

BIOMETRICS 11/20/2019

READY TO INTERVIEW: 12/23/2020

Interview scheduled update 02/20/2020
Interview Scheduled for 04/08/2020
03/31/2020 interview has been cancelled due to COVID19
04/01/20202 case ready to be scheduled for an interview
08/24/2020 Interview has been scheduled
Interview 9/14/2020
I 485 approved 9/14/2020
GC mailed 9/17/2020
GC received 9/21/2020

ROC mailed 09/01/2022

ROC received 09/02/2022

NOA RECEIVED 09/16/2022

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Got to be love said:

WE DON`t have health insurance.... will that be an Issue?

No issue for your I751.  There's no fixed list of documents you need to provide as evidence.  USCIS will judge the totality of whatever documents you provide.  Your list looks decent, so I would not expect any problems.  That being said — the more and better evidence you provide the lower the risk of getting RFEs or even getting denied.

Timeline
1 hour ago, TBoneTX said:

Reinforcing earlier replies:

1.  Affidavits are suggested purely when more-primary evidence is thin or weak.

2.  Your estate documents (Wills, Powers of Attorney, et al.) make excellent evidence, and they're even more important to have in "life."

I think we will be doing a Living Will and POA soon, since we're military and all and at least it'll be done before he gets TDIY anywhere. Thank you for clearing up affidavits, I wasn't sure on it since I've seen others have mentioned having it. Makes me feel a little better about being more on the ball about getting my name put on multiple things 😁

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
On 7/21/2022 at 2:04 PM, RLA said:

No issue for your I751.  There's no fixed list of documents you need to provide as evidence.  USCIS will judge the totality of whatever documents you provide.  Your list looks decent, so I would not expect any problems.  That being said — the more and better evidence you provide the lower the risk of getting RFEs or even getting denied.

I also added joint credit card account

I-129 F SENT 11/27/2018

NOA 1 12/03/2018

RFE      04/10/2019

RFE REPLY 04/25/2019

NOA 2 05/09/2019

NVC RECEIVED 06/05/2019

CASE # ASSIGNED NVC  06/10/2019

NVC LEFT 06/25/2019

EMBASSY RECEIVED 07/02/2019

K1 INTERVIEW APPROVAL  07/18/2019

USA ENTRY🛬 07/30/2019

MARRIED 🤵💖👰09/13/2019

AOS SENT 10/08/2019

AOS RECEIVED 10/09/2019

AOS NOA 1 10/25/2019

BIOMETRICS 11/20/2019

READY TO INTERVIEW: 12/23/2020

Interview scheduled update 02/20/2020
Interview Scheduled for 04/08/2020
03/31/2020 interview has been cancelled due to COVID19
04/01/20202 case ready to be scheduled for an interview
08/24/2020 Interview has been scheduled
Interview 9/14/2020
I 485 approved 9/14/2020
GC mailed 9/17/2020
GC received 9/21/2020

ROC mailed 09/01/2022

ROC received 09/02/2022

NOA RECEIVED 09/16/2022

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.