419 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline
3 minutes ago, junisback said:

Hopefully hahaha. That's why I filed as soon as I was eligible.

Same! We've had the packet ready to go for ages so it was nice to finally send it off and not have to worry about it anymore. Now we just have to wait over a year (at least according to current timelines) for complete processing lol.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
2 hours ago, JenIE said:

My package is due to be delivered to the Phoenix location today. Curious to see how long yours takes to give me an idea of what to expect! Hoping everything goes through quickly for everyone going through Phoenix.

I just received a text with receipt number. So 4 days after delivery

Timeline
3 hours ago, Elllena said:

My package got delivered on Monday and the signature of the recipient showed as Louis Montanez, USCIS. I am still waiting on the notification that my case was created. I wonder how long it will take if the Phoenix location is getting so many submissions 

4 days for receipt to be generated. Just received the text.

Timeline
4 hours ago, stephbd said:

I sent my package to Phoenix as well, it arrived yesterday. Please let us know of any updates!

It looks like Phoenix receives the most volume of submissions, based on the USCIS site.

37 minutes ago, junisback said:

Excited Season 2 GIF by The Office 

Woot woot!! Now you can breathe for another 24 months with the extension letter :)

N400

Submitted: 08/07/2023 (Online)

Receipt Notice + Biometric Reuse Notice: 08/07/2023

ROC

Submitted: 08/08/2022 (Phoenix Lockbox)

Received by USCIS (UPS Delivery): 08/09/2022

Text Message w Receipt #: 08/12/2022 (YSC)

NOA/Extension Letter: 08/18/2022

AOS

Submitted: 08/05/2019

RFE: 09/30/2019

RFE Received by USCIS: 10/11/2019

Interview: 10/22/2020

Case Approved: 11/05/2020

Timeline

Hahaha, yup. Next year same time i will file for N400. Since mine is at YSC, there's a chance i will receive my citizenship before my 10 year greencard lol

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline

I'm getting ready to mail in my application but wanted some feedback first because it feels so light, especially when I see your guys' pictures.

Besides form G-1145 and i-751 I have included:

Copy of green card

Partial copy of 2021 joint tax return

Copy of bank statement showing a shared investment account

Copy of bank statement showing joint bank account

Copy of our health insurance cards showing a joint policy

Copy of our lease agreement

Copy of our daughter's birth certificate, born in 2021

What do you think?

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Pinda said:

I'm getting ready to mail in my application but wanted some feedback first because it feels so light, especially when I see your guys' pictures.

Copy of green card

What do you think?

USCIS tends to prefer tax return transcripts rather than the actual return -- you can download transcripts online through the IRS website. I would also submit transcripts for each year you filed jointly to show the pattern. Most people also send quarterly statements of bank and credit accounts to show the pattern and longevity of the comingled finances. Having a daughter together and having her birth certificate is strong proof of a legitimate marriage. I might also throw in a few photos of you all together, especially if you have photos with other friends and family.

My packet is also way smaller than other ones I've seen, but I'm focusing on the fact that everyone's proof and circumstances are so different.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
27 minutes ago, Pinda said:

Copy of green card

What do you think?

Partial copy of tax return will likely trigger an RFE. If you send tax returns, you have to send ALL pages + ALL schedules (W-2s, 1099s, etc.). Much easier to just download the tax transcripts from the IRS website. As @JenIE mentioned, USCIS prefers the transcripts and it is less paper to deal with. Send the transcript for each tax year since marriage (not just the most recent). 

Send at least quarterly statements from the joint bank account. For the investment account, just sending documentation that it is a joint account should be sufficient. 

Have you only had one lease agreement since marriage? If you have more than one lease with both names, send them all. 

Other things you could add in:

- family photos, as already mentioned

- documentation of trips taken together since marriage (airbnb receipts, hotel bookings, flights, etc). 

- utility bills if you've got any in both names (or ones in your name and ones in theirs with same address)

- letters, cards, or invitations that were addressed to you both (or as a family) 

- documentation of any joint memberships (gym, costco)

- car insurance showing both names/both vehicles, if applicable 

- copies of both driver's licenses showing the same address

- beneficiary designation on any retirement accounts (401(k), IRA, etc). 

- emergency contact info showing each other as contact

- Healthcare POA/Living will

- if you have pets, documentation that you are both listed as owners/contacts at the vet

- documentation of joint credit card (it's very easy to add a spouse as an authorized user and print documentation) 

K1 to AOS                                                                                   AOS/EAD/AP                                                                      N-400

03/01/2018 - I-129F Mailed                                              06/19/2019 - NOA1 Date                                              01/27/2023 - N-400 Filed Online

03/08/2018 - NOA1 Date                                                    07/11/2019 - Biometrics Appt                                   02/23/2023 - Biometrics Appt
09/14/2018 - NOA2 Date                                                    12/13/2019 - EAD/AP Approved                               04/03/2023 - Interview Scheduled

10/16/2018 - NVC Received                                              12/17/2019 - Interview Scheduled                          05/10/2023 - Interview - APPROVED!

10/21/2018 - Packet 3 Received                                      01/29/2020 - Interview - APPROVED!                  OFFICIALLY A U.S. CITIZEN! 

12/30/2018 - Packet 3 Sent                                               02/04/2020 - Green Card Received! 

01/06/2019 - Packet 4 Received                                     ROC - I-751

01/29/2019 - Interview - APPROVED!                           11/02/2021 - Mailed ROC Packet

02/05/2019 - Visa Received                                             11/04/2021 - NOA1 Date

05/17/2019 - U.S. Arrival                                                     01/19/2022 - Biometrics Waived

05/24/2019 - Married ❤️                                                    02/04/2023 - Transferred to New Office

06/14/2019 - Mailed AOS Packet                                    05/10/2023 - APPROVED!

33 minutes ago, Pinda said:

Copy of green card

What do you think?

I think it looks really good! They are looking for strong evidence showing merging of life and finances and your docs show that. A few comments below:

- For the joint bank account, I’d include monthly or quarterly statements since marriage or since you became a resident.

- If you have more joint tax returns, I’d show that too, as many as you have.

- If you own a car (or other property) together, add a title/deed and insurance showing both names.

- Life insurance or 401k beneficiary evidence (if any)

N400

ROC

AOS

Timeline
2 hours ago, stephbd said:

I think it looks really good! They are looking for strong evidence showing merging of life and finances and your docs show that. A few comments below:

- For the joint bank account, I’d include monthly or quarterly statements since marriage or since you became a resident.

- If you have more joint tax returns, I’d show that too, as many as you have.

- If you own a car (or other property) together, add a title/deed and insurance showing both names.

- Life insurance or 401k beneficiary evidence (if any)

I only did the following:

Kids birth certs

Bank statements - saving and checking for last few months

Credit card summary

Marriage cert

Life insurance

Car registration

Mortgage statements 

House insurance and car insurance

Utility bills

First few pages of tax return for last two years

Trip tickets

DLs with the same address

Family pictures - different stages of relationship with her fam and mine. -27

Pics of kids with both of us -20

I didn't do the entire tax return... way too many pages

Edited by junisback

Just received the text that my case was created. The package was delivered on 08/08 and the text on 08/11.

19 minutes ago, Elllena said:

Just received the text that my case was created. The package was delivered on 08/08 and the text on 08/11.

Awesome!!! It looks like it’s taking 3 to 4 days after delivery to get a text message. My package was delivered on 8/9, so I’m hoping to get a text tomorrow or Monday!! 🤞🏽

N400

ROC

AOS

Timeline
47 minutes ago, stephbd said:

Awesome!!! It looks like it’s taking 3 to 4 days after delivery to get a text message. My package was delivered on 8/9, so I’m hoping to get a text tomorrow or Monday!! 🤞🏽

Mine was delivered yesterday (8/10) but I'm now worried it's gonna be sent back because I used the credit card authorization form and just realized I checked that the card was a Visa when it's actually a MasterCard 🤦🏼‍♀️ So now I'm on edge waiting to see if I get a case creation notification and if I see a payment go through.

Edited by JenIE

My package was delivered to Carol Stream, IL (USCIS PO Box) by USPS on Monday (6am)/ August 8th, and I still did not get a text or email :( Am I allowed to start to freak out? 

Bruce Willis Yes GIF

NATURALIZATION (N400)

08/23/2023 - FedEX delivered application to Elgin Lockbox

08/25/2023 - Text message from USCIS with receipt number (IOE / digital processing)

09/01/2023 - NOA letters in the mailbox (Receipt Notice, Account Acceptance Notice, Biometric Reuse)  

11/14/2023 - Online USCIS account showed 'Interview Scheduled' update and pdf letter available for download - interview scheduled to 12/19/2023

11/20/2023 - USPS delivered interview notice

12/19/2023 - scheduled N400 interview in Orlando FO

est. time until case decision: 9 months (as of September, 2023)

est. time until case decision: 8 months (as of October, 2023)

est. time until case decision: 6 months (as of November, 2023)

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS (I-751)

08/05/2022 - Mailed ROC Packet via USPS to Carol Stream, IL (Elgin Lockbox)

08/08/2022 - USPS delivered ROC Packet to P.O. BOX 

08/11/2022 - Text message from USCIS with receipt number (YSC/ Potomac Service Center)

08/18/2022 - NOA in the mailbox ('24 months extension letter')

03/15/2023 - NOA in the mailbox ('48 months extension letter')

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.