419 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Alright, it’s game time again. Good luck to all who have already submitted or are in the process of compiling the massive mound of documents.

How is everyone going to package the files? Mine will likely be over 200 pages and too big for a binder clip but I don’t want to just send a bunch of loose papers.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello All,

We intend to send in our own application most likely in the 2nd or 3rd week of this month.

I have these two questions as well:

(1.) How many pictures do you suggest we send with the application?

(2.) For the Form I-751, are we using the one that says " Expires 12/31/2019" ?

Thanks.

Edited by Total500

Hi everybody! Just dropped off my I-751 package at UPS this morning. Best of luck to us all! :)

Edited by stephbd

N400

Submitted: 08/07/2023 (Online)

Receipt Notice + Biometric Reuse Notice: 08/07/2023

ROC

Submitted: 08/08/2022 (Phoenix Lockbox)

Received by USCIS (UPS Delivery): 08/09/2022

Text Message w Receipt #: 08/12/2022 (YSC)

NOA/Extension Letter: 08/18/2022

AOS

Submitted: 08/05/2019

RFE: 09/30/2019

RFE Received by USCIS: 10/11/2019

Interview: 10/22/2020

Case Approved: 11/05/2020

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
19 hours ago, Total500 said:

Hello All,

We intend to send in our own application most likely in the 2nd or 3rd week of this month.

I have these two questions as well:

(1.) How many pictures do you suggest we send with the application?

(2.) For the Form I-751, are we using the one that says " Expires 12/31/2019" ?

Thanks.

1. You don't need to send a ton of photos. I personally would recommend between 6-12 from throughout the marriage. I used Word to add 3-4 photos per page with dates and descriptions (location, who is pictured, etc.) We sent 3 pages with a total of 11 photos.

2. Yes, that is the correct edition.

K1 to AOS                                                                                   AOS/EAD/AP                                                                      N-400

03/01/2018 - I-129F Mailed                                              06/19/2019 - NOA1 Date                                              01/27/2023 - N-400 Filed Online

03/08/2018 - NOA1 Date                                                    07/11/2019 - Biometrics Appt                                   02/23/2023 - Biometrics Appt
09/14/2018 - NOA2 Date                                                    12/13/2019 - EAD/AP Approved                               04/03/2023 - Interview Scheduled

10/16/2018 - NVC Received                                              12/17/2019 - Interview Scheduled                          05/10/2023 - Interview - APPROVED!

10/21/2018 - Packet 3 Received                                      01/29/2020 - Interview - APPROVED!                  OFFICIALLY A U.S. CITIZEN! 

12/30/2018 - Packet 3 Sent                                               02/04/2020 - Green Card Received! 

01/06/2019 - Packet 4 Received                                     ROC - I-751

01/29/2019 - Interview - APPROVED!                           11/02/2021 - Mailed ROC Packet

02/05/2019 - Visa Received                                             11/04/2021 - NOA1 Date

05/17/2019 - U.S. Arrival                                                     01/19/2022 - Biometrics Waived

05/24/2019 - Married ❤️                                                    02/04/2023 - Transferred to New Office

06/14/2019 - Mailed AOS Packet                                    05/10/2023 - APPROVED!

On 8/5/2022 at 12:51 PM, I-751Dallas said:

@bradoony what documents did you include?

👋 HELLO everyone! Gosh, I've just discovered this website and what a wonderful place it is - it's like a private members club of fellow stressed out and waiting comrades , bound by hope, drop of 'freaking out', tiny despair, wild west waiting times & information exchange 🤣 I don't know anybody personally, but I feel like I am sailing that same boat under very same sails and wind conditions :D and Oy, I hope we all make it )))) 

Soooo....  A bit of my pre-story: relevant for anybody who haven't sent the package yet (if you already mailed it, feel free to skip this). I have paid two services (RapidVisa & CitizensPath) to help to assemble i-751 petition(big mistake) , and they both been rubbish, and cutting LONG STORY short -> after losing precious time going back and forth with them (and money), I ultimately  "lost my "/ patience, and took matters into my own hands and assembled the package myself, because both companies made mistakes in form filling and have been really bad in terms of communications. They did offer some document advise, and I kinda researched their stuff, USCIS official stuff, dozens of Youtubes and talked to friends who got their stuff approved and consensus was the following:  (listed in order of diminishing importance to USCIS)

1) Children born in marriage (strongest bona fide marriage evidence) 

2) Living Together (same address on govt. issued IDs/DL, on bank statements, shared bills, mortgage or lease agreements, letters in both names showing residency together, etc.)

3) Joint Financial Responsibilities (TAXES No.1, and JOINT ownership No.2 :  physical assets // be it house, cars, scooters, etc. or financial assets // bank accounts, trading accounts, savings, retirement funds, insurances, medical, etc. ) 

4) All other evidence ~ the "weak sauce" (or as USCIS classifies it: secondary evidence) / pet ownership, photos, travel together, affidavits, gifts, etc.

So far ^ this was the consensus. As far as diving into details, I have heard different sentiments, e.g.  "over supplying" vs. "undersupplying" evidence vs. "no such thing as too much evidence for USCIS" and I believe it is individual case/should be evaluated how much of strong evidence you have vs. weak sauce:

EXAMPLE: if you don't have mortgage or lease agreement proving u live together, don't have bank accounts together and did not file taxes together, - I guess I would supply all I got, from pictures, to gifts, Christmas cards, concerts together, Facebook posts, affidavits, etc. .... but If the case is strong: u have taxes, accounts, joint property and savings, I would provide less of a "weak sauce", e.g. 10-20 pictures from beginning of marriage and some travels. Affidavits seem to be most hated from what I hear - and they are the last resort when there is not much strong evidence available....   

You can check attached PDFs for ideas (this is what RapidVisa and CitizenPath sent me, pretty much you will find same info from USCIS directly, just in different words). Also, this is some good info here: https://citizenpath.com/proving-a-bona-fide-marriage/ 

_________

I was supposed to file on 21st July (90th day before expiry of GreenCard), but because I lost some time ping-ponging evidence related questions with RapidVisa - I have sent my package ultimately last Friday: August 5th, 2022 via USPS . It got delivered to USCIS Elgin Lockbox box today at 6 am , no text/email yet (we did file with G-1145 form)

Hope this info helps and I will share updates. 

Bona Fide evidence.pdf i751-Filing-Instructions.pdf

NATURALIZATION (N400)

08/23/2023 - FedEX delivered application to Elgin Lockbox

08/25/2023 - Text message from USCIS with receipt number (IOE / digital processing)

09/01/2023 - NOA letters in the mailbox (Receipt Notice, Account Acceptance Notice, Biometric Reuse)  

11/14/2023 - Online USCIS account showed 'Interview Scheduled' update and pdf letter available for download - interview scheduled to 12/19/2023

11/20/2023 - USPS delivered interview notice

12/19/2023 - scheduled N400 interview in Orlando FO

est. time until case decision: 9 months (as of September, 2023)

est. time until case decision: 8 months (as of October, 2023)

est. time until case decision: 6 months (as of November, 2023)

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS (I-751)

08/05/2022 - Mailed ROC Packet via USPS to Carol Stream, IL (Elgin Lockbox)

08/08/2022 - USPS delivered ROC Packet to P.O. BOX 

08/11/2022 - Text message from USCIS with receipt number (YSC/ Potomac Service Center)

08/18/2022 - NOA in the mailbox ('24 months extension letter')

03/15/2023 - NOA in the mailbox ('48 months extension letter')

On 8/6/2022 at 12:33 PM, visaquestion1234 said:

Alright, it’s game time again. Good luck to all who have already submitted or are in the process of compiling the massive mound of documents.

How is everyone going to package the files? Mine will likely be over 200 pages and too big for a binder clip but I don’t want to just send a bunch of loose papers.

Mine was probably something 200+ too, I got this file folder from Walmart, and then put all paperwork inside. I printed USCIS # and petition subject/basic info: on top front flap of that folder  (my walmart folder had some nice clear pocket for that, otherwise I would just write it using fat permanent marker or print & stick it onto front page of the folder).  

Inside -> I had printed table of contents (sticked it to the back of that front folder flap, meaning person opening it will see it on the left side and on the right side will be a pile of papers/application). Table of Content had listed document sections (and brief list of documents attached in bullet points) in order  that they are put in the package.  I used sticky tabs for each section AT THE BOTTOM (USCIS asks specifically not to put them on the side).  

I used a rule of thumb and general logic, e.g. I had separate sticky tabs for FORM I 751, COPY OF GREEN CARD, Copies of DRIVING LICENSES, but for bulky taxes - i just had one tab TAXES, (not: Taxes 2019, Taxes 2020, Taxes 2021, W2s 2021, W2s 2020, etc.) 

USCIS specifically asks not to use heavy staples -> I have used small metal clips to clip documents together, as well as Jumbo metal clips to join several similar documents in one section. Example: I printed every other month bank statement from beginning of marriage:  each 3 pages of individual monthly statement were clipped with tiny paper clip on top + all of them together (18 statements total) with big jumbo ones from middle of both sides (so they stay together). For mega big sections (e.g. several "blocks of documents"  that are related to one another) -> like bank statements, trading account beneficiary disclosures,  bank "trustee" disclosures -> I used a rubber band to make sure nothing is displaced. just one thin rubber band holding entire section -> nothing crazy, and nothing that is hard to disassemble or might add irritation/more work to USCIS officer.

I  did spread out paper clips in different locations, so that package is uniform and not bigger /skewed on one corner/side. 

I mailed it via USPS.  Just brought my folder (I put rubber band around it) to the office and asked for envelope or box that would fit it and they got me some plastic envelope. Shoved it in and sent for a bon voyage hoping for the best...

P.S. Please refer to official filing recommendations from USCIS if in doubt: https://www.uscis.gov/forms/filing-guidance/form-filing-tips . 

M. 

Screen Shot 2022-08-08 at 3.28.29 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-08-08 at 3.41.37 PM.png

NATURALIZATION (N400)

08/25/2023 - Text message from USCIS with receipt number (IOE / digital processing)

09/01/2023 - NOA letters in the mailbox (Receipt Notice, Account Acceptance Notice, Biometric Reuse)  

11/14/2023 - Online USCIS account showed 'Interview Scheduled' update and pdf letter available for download - interview scheduled to 12/19/2023

08/11/2022 - Text message from USCIS with receipt number (YSC/ Potomac Service Center)

Timeline
29 minutes ago, Maria P. said:

Mine was probably something 200+ too, I got this file folder from Walmart, and then put all paperwork inside. I printed USCIS # and petition subject/basic info: on top front flap of that folder  (my walmart folder had some nice clear pocket for that, otherwise I would just write it using fat permanent marker or print & stick it onto front page of the folder).  

Inside -> I had printed table of contents (sticked it to the back of that front folder flap, meaning person opening it will see it on the left side and on the right side will be a pile of papers/application). Table of Content had listed document sections (and brief list of documents attached in bullet points) in order  that they are put in the package.  I used sticky tabs for each section AT THE BOTTOM (USCIS asks specifically not to put them on the side).  

I used a rule of thumb and general logic, e.g. I had separate sticky tabs for FORM I 751, COPY OF GREEN CARD, Copies of DRIVING LICENSES, but for bulky taxes - i just had one tab TAXES, (not: Taxes 2019, Taxes 2020, Taxes 2021, W2s 2021, W2s 2020, etc.) 

USCIS specifically asks not to use heavy staples -> I have used small metal clips to clip documents together, as well as Jumbo metal clips to join several similar documents in one section. Example: I printed every other month bank statement from beginning of marriage:  each 3 pages of individual monthly statement were clipped with tiny paper clip on top + all of them together (18 statements total) with big jumbo ones from middle of both sides (so they stay together). For mega big sections (e.g. several "blocks of documents"  that are related to one another) -> like bank statements, trading account beneficiary disclosures,  bank "trustee" disclosures -> I used a rubber band to make sure nothing is displaced. just one thin rubber band holding entire section -> nothing crazy, and nothing that is hard to disassemble or might add irritation/more work to USCIS officer.

I  did spread out paper clips in different locations, so that package is uniform and not bigger /skewed on one corner/side. 

I mailed it via USPS.  Just brought my folder (I put rubber band around it) to the office and asked for envelope or box that would fit it and they got me some plastic envelope. Shoved it in and sent for a bon voyage hoping for the best...

P.S. Please refer to official filing recommendations from USCIS if in doubt: https://www.uscis.gov/forms/filing-guidance/form-filing-tips . 

M. 

Screen Shot 2022-08-08 at 3.28.29 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-08-08 at 3.41.37 PM.png

Wow! Thank you so much. I really really appreciate you sharing your process. You remind of why the community here is the best on the internet. Good luck to you!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

We used ACCO fasteners. Picture attached. 

The credit card form was on top, then cover letter, e-notification form, the completed I-751, etc. 

Everything else was divided up into Exhibits, which is why there are tabs labeled A, B, C, etc. 

We divided up the documentation in the exhibits like this:

EXHIBIT A – BANK ACCOUNTS

Documentation of joint checking & savings accounts

EXHIBIT B – OTHER FINANCIALS

This included tax transcripts, credit cards, beneficiary on IRA, joint loan

EXHIBIT C – SHARED ADDRESS & COHABITATION

Leases, utility bills, letters addressed to us both

EXHIBIT D – SHARED INSURANCE & BILLS

Car insurance with both names/vehicles, gym membership, phone bill with both names/numbers

EXHIBIT E – MISCELLANEOUS

Photos, Healthcare POAs, documentation of trips taken together

IMG_20211102_142041634.thumb.jpg.d1b4f32ec09966adea9d6ed12f1eb601.jpg

K1 to AOS                                                                                   AOS/EAD/AP                                                                      N-400

03/01/2018 - I-129F Mailed                                              06/19/2019 - NOA1 Date                                              01/27/2023 - N-400 Filed Online

03/08/2018 - NOA1 Date                                                    07/11/2019 - Biometrics Appt                                   02/23/2023 - Biometrics Appt
09/14/2018 - NOA2 Date                                                    12/13/2019 - EAD/AP Approved                               04/03/2023 - Interview Scheduled

10/16/2018 - NVC Received                                              12/17/2019 - Interview Scheduled                          05/10/2023 - Interview - APPROVED!

10/21/2018 - Packet 3 Received                                      01/29/2020 - Interview - APPROVED!                  OFFICIALLY A U.S. CITIZEN! 

12/30/2018 - Packet 3 Sent                                               02/04/2020 - Green Card Received! 

01/06/2019 - Packet 4 Received                                     ROC - I-751

01/29/2019 - Interview - APPROVED!                           11/02/2021 - Mailed ROC Packet

02/05/2019 - Visa Received                                             11/04/2021 - NOA1 Date

05/17/2019 - U.S. Arrival                                                     01/19/2022 - Biometrics Waived

05/24/2019 - Married ❤️                                                    02/04/2023 - Transferred to New Office

06/14/2019 - Mailed AOS Packet                                    05/10/2023 - APPROVED!

23 minutes ago, beloved_dingo said:

The credit card form was on top, then cover letter, e-notification form, the completed I-751, etc. 

Everything else was divided up into Exhibits, which is why there are tabs labeled A, B, C, etc. 

Car insurance with both names/vehicles, gym membership, phone bill with both names/numbers

OMG @beloved_dingo, I think your package just triggered my inner perfectionist climax 🥰🤩

This looks super neat. like MEGA neat. So beautiful. If I could redo my package, or make it better - I would change 2 things ->  (1)  putting Money Check - FIRST thing on top (I attached it to the top of my I751 form, but I have Cover letter as first thing in the package*) and (2) Getting ACCO fasteners. I was in such rush trying to get it done asap (because of filing later than I could have) that I went with paper clips, but I did see USCIS mentioning that fasteners via two holes on top is highly appreciated.  Great job, really. This looks stellar. 

*As I later researched (already after sending the package) -> Elgin LockBox where I had to mail my package - > is sort of a processing center - where they just open parcels, check if u have correct money & signed form, they process money and then distribute it to appropriate regional center. So giving them money as first thing on top of entire package makes most sense. 

Edited by Maria P.

NATURALIZATION (N400)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
4 hours ago, beloved_dingo said:

1. You don't need to send a ton of photos. I personally would recommend between 6-12 from throughout the marriage. I used Word to add 3-4 photos per page with dates and descriptions (location, who is pictured, etc.) We sent 3 pages with a total of 11 photos.

2. Yes, that is the correct edition.

@beloved_dingo Thank you!

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Maria P. said:

OMG @beloved_dingo, I think your package just triggered my inner perfectionist climax 🥰🤩

This looks super neat. like MEGA neat. So beautiful. If I could redo my package, or make it better - I would change 2 things ->  (1)  putting Money Check - FIRST thing on top (I attached it to the top of my I751 form, but I have Cover letter as first thing in the package*) and (2) Getting ACCO fasteners. I was in such rush trying to get it done asap (because of filing later than I could have) that I went with paper clips, but I did see USCIS mentioning that fasteners via two holes on top is highly appreciated.  Great job, really. This looks stellar. 

30 minutes ago, beloved_dingo said:

Amazing! I know USCIS prefers ACCO fasteners, but it feels weird punching holes in the documents (you need to do that in order to use those, correct?).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline
7 hours ago, beloved_dingo said:

Wow your package looks beautifully assembled! It's also way bigger than mine, I hope I sent enough!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

We mailed our package via USPS today! I organized with tabs and secured with a binder clip but it looks way smaller than what everyone else seems to be submitting. But I also felt that to be the case for the IR-1, so fingers crossed!

On 8/6/2022 at 12:33 PM, visaquestion1234 said:

We used binders or clips by section.  I.e. we put a small binder for all of the pictures, then all of the tax returns, then the bank statements, etc., as well as labeled file tabs at the bottom.  We had about 600 pages of documents total.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.