419 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, beloved_dingo said:

That does happen to some people but I don't think it is the norm. We got text/email notifications 3 days after our package was mailed, and the NOA/extension letter came in the mail after exactly 1 week. 

Hopefully you will get a fast response as well. Are you concerned about renewing your license or something like that? Many states have a grace period where you can still drive legally with an expired license. In my state, it's 60 days. 

Other than that, your green card is just proof of your status. You are still an LPR, allowed to work, etc. It's not a big deal if you have an expired green card or a week for two. 

Thank you so much for your response. I am nervous because of my job, they did let me know that it expires soon so I was worried about being able to work. 

2 hours ago, I-751Dallas said:

@Elllena do you mean it expires 18th of August? I am wondering why you sent the package late? Also was wondering what document did you send?

I didn't file late, just not as early as I would've liked. I had till the 18th to file. I send a lot of stuff, a total of 300 pages. The payment form, the notification form, I-751 form, a cover letter, copies of my GC. For evidence I send the marriage certificate, bank statements, lease agreements, utility bills, tax returns, ID's that show my husband and I live at the same address, 2 affidavits, pictures, plane tickets, amusement park tickets, mail with both of our names etc. Honestly I did my best to gather as much quality evidence as possible. We are married for almost 3 years so I had a lot of stuff over the years. 

Edited by Elllena

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline
6 hours ago, Kat & K said:

Filing this Thursday, just wanted to say hi :)

Oh and just to be sure: passport photos are not required, right?

Welcome!!

Passport photos are only required if you live outside the US due to military or government work. Be sure though to include a copy of the front and back of the Green Card.

Edited by JenIE

12 minutes ago, junisback said:

Still waiting for check to be cashed out. Why do I feel that the Phoenix location is slower than the IL one...

I sent my package to Phoenix as well, it arrived yesterday. Please let us know of any updates!

It looks like Phoenix receives the most volume of submissions, based on the USCIS site.

N400

Submitted: 08/07/2023 (Online)

Receipt Notice + Biometric Reuse Notice: 08/07/2023

ROC

Submitted: 08/08/2022 (Phoenix Lockbox)

Received by USCIS (UPS Delivery): 08/09/2022

Text Message w Receipt #: 08/12/2022 (YSC)

NOA/Extension Letter: 08/18/2022

AOS

Submitted: 08/05/2019

RFE: 09/30/2019

RFE Received by USCIS: 10/11/2019

Interview: 10/22/2020

Case Approved: 11/05/2020

13 hours ago, I-751Dallas said:

@Elllena I mean to say why did you not file early, but file last minute, if that makes sense. Hope you get your extension on time. Best of luck to you!!

there's not much of a reason, I just completely forgot about it. 

20 minutes ago, stephbd said:

I sent my package to Phoenix as well, it arrived yesterday. Please let us know of any updates!

It looks like Phoenix receives the most volume of submissions, based on the USCIS site.

My package got delivered on Monday and the signature of the recipient showed as Louis Montanez, USCIS. I am still waiting on the notification that my case was created. I wonder how long it will take if the Phoenix location is getting so many submissions 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
22 minutes ago, Elllena said:

My package got delivered on Monday and the signature of the recipient showed as Louis Montanez, USCIS. I am still waiting on the notification that my case was created. I wonder how long it will take if the Phoenix location is getting so many submissions 

Sure. Hopefully everything is going well for both our cases :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
16 hours ago, visaquestion1234 said:

What size fasteners did you use? 2 inch?

These are the exact size/type that I used. https://www.staples.com/OIC-2-Piece-Prong-Fasteners-Base-Only-2-3-4-Center-to-Center-1-Capacity/product_378818?

16 hours ago, stephbd said:

That’s awesome!! Glad to hear it! Thank you :)

Luckily my DL only expires in 2028 so I don’t really have any serious concerns. My only “rush” in receiving an extension letter is to start planning trips abroad with my family.

That's understandable. Having that extension letter provides a lot of peace of mind. 

K1 to AOS                                                                                   AOS/EAD/AP                                                                      N-400

03/01/2018 - I-129F Mailed                                              06/19/2019 - NOA1 Date                                              01/27/2023 - N-400 Filed Online

03/08/2018 - NOA1 Date                                                    07/11/2019 - Biometrics Appt                                   02/23/2023 - Biometrics Appt
09/14/2018 - NOA2 Date                                                    12/13/2019 - EAD/AP Approved                               04/03/2023 - Interview Scheduled

10/16/2018 - NVC Received                                              12/17/2019 - Interview Scheduled                          05/10/2023 - Interview - APPROVED!

10/21/2018 - Packet 3 Received                                      01/29/2020 - Interview - APPROVED!                  OFFICIALLY A U.S. CITIZEN! 

12/30/2018 - Packet 3 Sent                                               02/04/2020 - Green Card Received! 

01/06/2019 - Packet 4 Received                                     ROC - I-751

01/29/2019 - Interview - APPROVED!                           11/02/2021 - Mailed ROC Packet

02/05/2019 - Visa Received                                             11/04/2021 - NOA1 Date

05/17/2019 - U.S. Arrival                                                     01/19/2022 - Biometrics Waived

05/24/2019 - Married ❤️                                                    02/04/2023 - Transferred to New Office

06/14/2019 - Mailed AOS Packet                                    05/10/2023 - APPROVED!

Timeline
1 hour ago, Elllena said:

My package is due to be delivered to the Phoenix location today. Curious to see how long yours takes to give me an idea of what to expect! Hoping everything goes through quickly for everyone going through Phoenix.

Timeline
40 minutes ago, JenIE said:

My package is due to be delivered to the Phoenix location today. Curious to see how long yours takes to give me an idea of what to expect! Hoping everything goes through quickly for everyone going through Phoenix.

Not sure if you used USPS or Fedex or UPS because they delivered to slightly different places

I used UPS, it arrived on 8/5 (I am assuming nobody wanted to work on Friday from USCIS lol). signed by someone named Ponce. Still waiting for check to be cashed. Maybe it takes more than 2 business days for cash to be successfully cleared.

Edited by junisback

Timeline
2 minutes ago, junisback said:

Not sure if you used USPS or Fedex or UPS because they delivered to slightly different places

I used UPS, it arrived on 8/5 (I am assuming nobody wanted to work on Friday from USCIS lol). signed by someone named Ponce. Still waiting for check to be cashed. Maybe it takes more than 2 business days for cash to be successfully cleared.

I mean, I don't like working on Fridays, so I guess I can't blame them! 😂 Mine was indeed sent to a different address because I used USPS and I also used the form to authorize payment by credit card, so I guess who knows if that changes the timing at all. It seems like at least the initial receipt/payment cashing/sending of extension letter seems to happen pretty quickly for most people.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, JenIE said:

I mean, I don't like working on Fridays, so I guess I can't blame them! 😂 Mine was indeed sent to a different address because I used USPS and I also used the form to authorize payment by credit card, so I guess who knows if that changes the timing at all. It seems like at least the initial receipt/payment cashing/sending of extension letter seems to happen pretty quickly for most people.

Hopefully hahaha. That's why I filed as soon as I was eligible.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.