421 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, KennethBk said:

Hi everyone,

Timeline: 

8/16/2022 - Mailed packet via USPS

8/20/2022 - Package was delivered at Phoenix P,O Box

i have not received any updates, I sent with a money order and when I track the status of it the money order, it says it has not be cashed. Is this normal?

thank you!

Yes, it's normal. It may take some time.

6 minutes ago, KennethBk said:

Hi everyone,

Timeline: 

8/16/2022 - Mailed packet via USPS

8/20/2022 - Package was delivered at Phoenix P,O Box

i have not received any updates, I sent with a money order and when I track the status of it the money order, it says it has not be cashed. Is this normal?

thank you!

I’ve seen different timelines among folks, I would not freak out just yet. Since your case was delivered on a Saturday, I would consider the actual received date as the 22 (Monday).

If you consider the 22 as your start date, usually folks receive the text message with case number (if you filed G1145) within 3 to 4 days (meaning you might get it tomorrow).

Like I said, people have different timelines and processing might vary from case to case. Give it a couple of weeks before freaking out!

N400

Submitted: 08/07/2023 (Online)

Receipt Notice + Biometric Reuse Notice: 08/07/2023

ROC

Submitted: 08/08/2022 (Phoenix Lockbox)

Received by USCIS (UPS Delivery): 08/09/2022

Text Message w Receipt #: 08/12/2022 (YSC)

NOA/Extension Letter: 08/18/2022

AOS

Submitted: 08/05/2019

RFE: 09/30/2019

RFE Received by USCIS: 10/11/2019

Interview: 10/22/2020

Case Approved: 11/05/2020

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline
16 hours ago, Hphelp said:

For those who sent to Arizona locker, how long did it take to get notification via text? And how long for check to cash? Tia!

It's been taking about 3-4 days on average for people to get the text message after the package is received at the lockbox. I did the credit card authorization and that actually got processed on a Friday and I got the text on the Monday so I can't speak to how long it takes to cash the check.

Hello ,friends i just received our extension letter on the mail today my packet was received on August 16 ,got email notification and card was charged on August 19 ,im in new jersey also i made the mistake of putting a photo book from cvs and they sent it back because they dont take that format i know most of you know this but just in case i dont worry much about it because i sent other strong evidence, and i can bring it on the interview day .

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 8/24/2022 at 6:53 PM, Hphelp said:

For those who sent to Arizona locker, how long did it take to get notification via text? And how long for check to cash? Tia!

Hi. Our application was received and signed for on Monday, 22nd and we received a text message on Thursday, 25th in the afternoon, which includes a Receipt number.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

They didn’t waive the biometrics appointment. It looks like I will have an interview too🥲

8/5/22 Packet arrived at Phoenix

8/9/22 CC charged

8/10/22 Text message (MSC case)

8/12/22 Received 24mo extension letter

8/27/22 Received biometrics notice

9/9/22 Biometrics appointment

11/1/22 My GC expires

Timeline

Received a biometrics appointment letter in the mail this weekend, dated 8/19. There is no indication of this appointment in the online portal, though I've seen this be the case with other VJ members so maybe that's the norm.

Appointment is on 9/8.

Hi everyone, Here is my timeline too:

8/16/22 Packet arrived at Elgin, IL

8/19/22 Text message (Vermont case)

8/22/22 Check cashed 

8/27/22 Received extension letter

16 hours ago, Japan Claudio said:

They didn’t waive the biometrics appointment. It looks like I will have an interview too🥲

8/5/22 Packet arrived at Phoenix

8/9/22 CC charged

8/10/22 Text message (MSC case)

8/12/22 Received 24mo extension letter

8/27/22 Received biometrics notice

9/9/22 Biometrics appointment

11/1/22 My GC expires

5 hours ago, JenIE said:

Received a biometrics appointment letter in the mail this weekend, dated 8/19. There is no indication of this appointment in the online portal, though I've seen this be the case with other VJ members so maybe that's the norm.

Appointment is on 9/8.

That's pretty quick! I've seen some folks getting biometrics appointments after a month or two, so I'm glad to see some movement! :)

@JenIE I don't think the status gets updated until after the biometrics appointment. It will show something like "fingerprints were taken".

N400

Submitted: 08/07/2023 (Online)

Receipt Notice + Biometric Reuse Notice: 08/07/2023

ROC

Submitted: 08/08/2022 (Phoenix Lockbox)

Received by USCIS (UPS Delivery): 08/09/2022

Text Message w Receipt #: 08/12/2022 (YSC)

NOA/Extension Letter: 08/18/2022

AOS

Submitted: 08/05/2019

RFE: 09/30/2019

RFE Received by USCIS: 10/11/2019

Interview: 10/22/2020

Case Approved: 11/05/2020

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hello all,

I just helped my wife assemble her I-751 packet.  Our window opened up Aug 27.  We will be mailing it tomorrow. 

• Cover letter with $680 personal check
  • G-1145
  • I-751
  • Attachment 1:  Copy of Green Card
  • Attachment 2:  Copy of marriage certificate (probably not needed, but we had the PDF file already)
  • Attachment 3:  Copy of my wife's and my driver's licenses (same address)
  • Attachment 4:  Tax transcripts showing MFJ
  • Attachment 5:  Joint bank account statements (1 per quarter)
  • Attachment 6:  Healthcare info (showing wife on my policy)
  • Attachment 7:  Joint lease agreements
  • Attachment 8:  Several photos of us doing things in the last 2 years, about 4 photos per page, 6 page

We'll send it express mail to get it there by Aug 31.

Timeline
19 minutes ago, SteveInBostonI130 said:

Hello all,

I just helped my wife assemble her I-751 packet.  Our window opened up Aug 27.  We will be mailing it tomorrow. 

• Cover letter with $680 personal check
  • G-1145
  • I-751
  • Attachment 1:  Copy of Green Card
  • Attachment 2:  Copy of marriage certificate (probably not needed, but we had the PDF file already)
  • Attachment 3:  Copy of my wife's and my driver's licenses (same address)
  • Attachment 4:  Tax transcripts showing MFJ
  • Attachment 5:  Joint bank account statements (1 per quarter)
  • Attachment 6:  Healthcare info (showing wife on my policy)
  • Attachment 7:  Joint lease agreements
  • Attachment 8:  Several photos of us doing things in the last 2 years, about 4 photos per page, 6 page

We'll send it express mail to get it there by Aug 31.

That all sounds pretty good, you should get your confirmation and extension letter soon enough and then join the rest of us in the wait!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

8/25 packet arrived at Phoenix lockbox

*** no communications yet whatsoever ( no email, no text messages, I included Form G-145 )

checked my credit card online just now and saw that the $680 is already pending… I am hoping to get some kind of communication tomorrow 🥰

here’s to a fast and stress-free processing and approval for us all! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.