Hawk Riders

part IV, the big IR1/CR1 DQ'd message group...

3,005 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, PM Hank said:

How do you change your mailing address on your Visa application as my wife (sponsor) and me have purchased a new home in the USA  ?  

Notify the CBP officer when you first enter the US with your spouse visa.  The CBP officer might not ask, so make sure to volunteer the info about your new mailing address.  After you get home, file AR-11 online, as advised above.  Your wife should also mail the I-865 form to USCIS.

Hey all, I've been lurking this thread for data and would like to be added to the spreadsheet. My timeline is up-to-date (@Hawk Riders ?). I was DQ'd on May 15, I appreciate that people are posting time from DQ - interview here so that I can estimate my own timeline. Thanks!

Edit to add: My consulate kept defaulting to Armenia, hopefully it's correct now (newbie status checks out).

Edited by ash_1337

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey Guys,

I am just gathering my documents for my medical exam. Where it says you need a flu shot (Nov - March only) does this mean because it is July when i am having my interview i don't need to show proof of a flu shot? I didn't get the flu shot this past year in any case so hoping that this doesn't effect anything?

14 minutes ago, ROSALINDDELOST said:

Hey Guys,

I am just gathering my documents for my medical exam. Where it says you need a flu shot (Nov - March only) does this mean because it is July when i am having my interview i don't need to show proof of a flu shot? I didn't get the flu shot this past year in any case so hoping that this doesn't effect anything?

Right. No flu shot needed if your medical is in the summer. Good luck!

Hi guys, 

I have a question about vaccination requirement for the immigrant visa. I don't have my chicken pox (varicella) immunization record but I had my chicken pox when I was kid. Do the immigration medical doctor accept verbal confirmation of the chicken pox or do I need to take the shot through my family doctor? Im from Toronto, immigrated to Canada when I was 16 years old in the year 2000. Also, I have one MMR vaccine record. Do I need 2 record to show or one is acceptable? Do they accept the yellow immunization record card? Does this card need to be stamped? My card only has the doctor signature beside the vaccine records.

Edited by EveK

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
15 hours ago, EveK said:

Hi guys, 

I have a question about vaccination requirement for the immigrant visa. I don't have my chicken pox (varicella) immunization record but I had my chicken pox when I was kid. Do the immigration medical doctor accept verbal confirmation of the chicken pox or do I need to take the shot through my family doctor? Im from Toronto, immigrated to Canada when I was 16 years old in the year 2000. Also, I have one MMR vaccine record. Do I need 2 record to show or one is acceptable? Do they accept the yellow immunization record card? Does this card need to be stamped? My card only has the doctor signature beside the vaccine records.

Verbal declaration of chicken pox is still accepted, the yellow card is perfect too. 

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Another question on address changes... 

Since both I and my US citizen wife are living in Canada, when I filled out my DS-260, I put down the US address of friends I knew we could stay with temporarily if we needed to. I also marked "Yes" for having my Green Card mailed to that address. Now that it's getting closer to our moving date, we have arranged to rent a house at a different address. Do I need to somehow notify the Consulate or the NVC of the address change before my interview? Or can I take care of that at my interview? It still shouldn't be a problem to have my Green Card mailed to the address on my DS-260 if necessary, but at some point I'll need to get that changed in their system.

Timeline

@bal13

Please see below  2 links on you filling out an AR-11 form and your wife will need to fill-out an I-865. The first link from www.britishexpats.com is a forum with great information and 2nd link is from NVC on changing mailing address.

https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/ar-11-i-865-can-we-use-different-address-715072/

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/step-1-submit-a-petition/step-2-begin-nvc-processing/ceac-faqs.html#ceac9

I hope this helps.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hi friends! I'm registering my husband's visa appointment on the website and I'm at the part where it asks where we want his passport couriered after visa processing. Does it make a difference if we have it couriered to one of the addresses listed or have it couriered straight to our apartment? And also, for the Toronto applicants, is one of these addresses better than the others? It looks like they're all just addresses for random buildings. 

Thanks for your help!

On 5/27/2023 at 10:49 AM, bal13 said:

Do I need to somehow notify the Consulate or the NVC of the address change before my interview? Or can I take care of that at my interview?

At the consulate on the day of your visa interview, update the DS-260 with your new intended address.  Also, notify the CBP officer when you first enter the US with your immigrant visa.  The CBP officer might not ask, so make sure to volunteer the info about your new mailing address.

Timeline

Quick question- I have my medical exam today in Toronto and it is asking me to bring my DS-260 form. I haven't updated all the information on this form yet as my address and employment has changed since filing with NVC. I am aware that i need to bring the updated version to my Montreal interview however i am wondering if i should update this on CEAC website first and bring the updated version to my medical exam too?

Thanks for any insight!

9 minutes ago, ROSALINDDELOST said:

Quick question- I have my medical exam today in Toronto and it is asking me to bring my DS-260 form. I haven't updated all the information on this form yet as my address and employment has changed since filing with NVC. I am aware that i need to bring the updated version to my Montreal interview however i am wondering if i should update this on CEAC website first and bring the updated version to my medical exam too?

Thanks for any insight!

Which doctor are you going to? I was just at Dr. Zatzman on Tuesday, and they never asked for my DS-260. They wanted my Case number, passport, drivers license, and money, but not much else. I didn't need the photos I took along either. Somewhere it said to have your intended US address along, but they didn't ask for that either. I can't say how it is with other doctors, though.

Timeline
22 minutes ago, ROSALINDDELOST said:

Thanks for any insight!

Unless I'm mistaken, what they need to see is proof that you have submitted the DS-260. I had a pdf entitled “Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration Application Confirmation”, that reads “Thank you—You have successfully submitted an Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration Application (Form DS-260)”, and has two barcodes at the bottom. It's printed from the confirmation page after you've submitted the DS-260. I don't remember bringing a printout of the form itself. It might be different in Toronto, though...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.