Hawk Riders

part IV, the big IR1/CR1 DQ'd message group...

3,005 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, ROSALINDDELOST said:

FINALLY!!!! Interview letter came in at 3AM last night!! DQ Feb 17th. Interview date- July 12th 8.15AM! 

I hope lots of others got their letters too! 

Me too!!!! I got it at 3 am. DQ march 1st and interview date July 21st. Hopefully everyone else starts getting theirs sometime this week 

Timeline
39 minutes ago, Nadzz said:

Me too!!!! I got it at 3 am. DQ march 1st and interview date July 21st. Hopefully everyone else starts getting theirs sometime this week 

This is so great!!! So amazing to see they are FINALLY in March!! Hopefully I'll see something by July for April 5! 

Congrats to everyone in this batch! We did not receive an IL (DQ March 17th) so  fingers crossed we will be in the next batch which is what I figured. 

I think that’ll make us probably an August interview if everything works out. 

I’m glad we have some positives here though and you all are finally closer to being reconnected :)

Timeline
Just now, Joel Craig said:

Does anyone know when/if/how to register for the appointment? I tried to register and put my case number and everything in but it said my case is “not ready to schedule an appointment” is this something you do closer to the interview date?

Same thing happened to me! I think we might have to wait since we just got the letters maybe? Does anyone know?

1 hour ago, Joel Craig said:

Does anyone know when/if/how to register for the appointment? I tried to register and put my case number and everything in but it said my case is “not ready to schedule an appointment” is this something you do closer to the interview date?

It takes a day or two before the system updates and you're able to register. It's normal. Keep trying. 

Congratulations to all that got their interview letter! Good luck.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats to everyone who received interview letters, but PLEASE fill out your timelines so others can see your progress ( @Joel Craig  @Nadzz  @ROSALINDDELOST ).  There is power in statistics when we have them and can track them.  

As per the FAQ's, it can take up to 48 hours before you are able to register your appointment.  

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Timeline

Late to post this as I had a complete brain fart and posted it in the wrong thread. :bonk:

~~Hijack posts and related replies have been split and merged with the proper thread. Please do not post in this thread if your case is not IR1/CR1 as you cannot compare the other visas with these ones.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline

Question- I had my interview January 9/2023 and my visa application was refused due to an application type on my police certificate. I re-applied for  my police certificate with correct application type  and it has been updated and all is good.  I have couriered  my documents back to the USA consulate in Montreal. 

My question is how long does it take the embassy to review my documents after they receive it ?  Does anybody have any history on re-submitting documents after their interview?

Thanks

Timeline
On 5/21/2023 at 6:41 AM, llcoolwil said:

So it looks like so far, the most recent DQ date to get an interview letter is March 1. Anyone know if this is officially how far they got or did it extend out a bit more than that?

I heard of someone with DQ March 8/23 who received an invitation to a July interview.

Timeline
19 hours ago, PM Hank said:

Question- I had my interview January 9/2023 and my visa application was refused due to an application type on my police certificate. I re-applied for  my police certificate with correct application type  and it has been updated and all is good.  I have couriered  my documents back to the USA consulate in Montreal. 

My question is how long does it take the embassy to review my documents after they receive it ?  Does anybody have any history on re-submitting documents after their interview?

Thanks

It's a bit of a crapshoot.  Could be a week, could be 6. Many people were stuck in a 6-8 week review loop, but it seems to be going a bit quicker now.  I suspect there's scrutiny with all the WOM cases happening.  

3 hours ago, PM Hank said:

Question-  How do you change your mailing address on your Visa application as my wife (sponsor) and me have purchased a new home in the USA  ?  

Since you've already been through the interview, I'd file form AR-11. https://www.uscis.gov/ar-11

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Timeline
19 hours ago, Tommy46 said:

I heard of someone with DQ March 8/23 who received an invitation to a July interview.

Ooo awesome! Ok. fingers are crossed that I hit the next round. Not holding my breath but what a pleasant surprise it would be! 

Timeline
1 hour ago, mam521 said:

It's a bit of a crapshoot.  Could be a week, could be 6. Many people were stuck in a 6-8 week review loop, but it seems to be going a bit quicker now.  I suspect there's scrutiny with all the WOM cases happening.  

Since you've already been through the interview, I'd file form AR-11. https://www.uscis.gov/ar-11

Thanks @mam521

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.