Greencard-22

I-751 October 2021 Filers

740 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Mike E said:

I admire your grace in handling such an obscene questions.  

Congratulations on both results, but after she takes oath, I would consider a letter of complaint.  

I'm sorry that the interview portrayed was negative. The officer asked the questions in good faith after the interview was approved. Revealing the Cancer diagnosis was our choice, so wouldn't want to shift blame on the officer.

Timeline
8 minutes ago, OldUser said:

@dleen congratulations with immigration journey coming to the end! Thank you for sharing the experience in great detail. Why were you surprised to get a combo I-751 & N-400? Everybody with pending ROC should expect it, though it's not guaranteed to happen.

You didn't have a lawyer present, did you? The questions about your wife's health was ridiculous and unnecessary. 

Thank you!

We were surprised because it was not explicitly mentioned as a Combo interview. Neither was our case transferred from NBC (or at least the case status didn't suggest so).

We were asked whether we'd like to waive our right for the attorney to be present. We said yes. More importantly, in our opinion, our case had ample proof and low risk. So our attorney didn't need to have been present there.

As mentioned above, the questions about my wife's health were asked in good faith after the approval of the interview and while the officer was uploading the documents. It was my wife's choice to reveal the diagnosis and it was the true reason for why we didn't have kids yet. There was more concern from the officer than interrogation -- Definitely in good faith.

I'm so happy to see other people getting updates on their I-751 applications.

On my end I still have no interview in sight, and no new correspondence either. Right now I can't even log into USCIS.gov, even if I was able to do so last night.

Timeline
21 hours ago, dleen said:

Interview Experience:

Field Office: Chicago

Green card: CR1

N400 filed: Oct 2022

N400 Interview Date: 15 Feb 2023

Notes: I-751 pending since Oct 2021. (Case status: Case was Received) 

My wife passed her Citizenship interview today. To our surprise, we had a combo I-751 interview, and the officer asked a lot of questions. The I-751 interview lasted almost 25 minutes.

Field Office Experience:

Both my wife and I were allowed to enter the building. We went to the 3rd floor to check in and told the agent that the N400 interview was scheduled and that we had a pending joint I-751 petition. Then the agent sent us to the 2nd Floor, and we were checked in again. The agent stamped the N400 interview letter suggesting pending I-751.

I-751 Interview:

The immigration officer called both of us at 8.05 a.m. She said that she'll conduct the I-751 interview first. She asked my wife her DOB, current address, previous address, date of marriage, when was the green card issued, my wife's phone number. (My wife forgot her phone number and completely blanked out)

She then asked me my DOB and address, when we moved into the new home.

Once she checked our original Ids (passports, driving license and GC/extension letter), she asked us why we didn’t have any children yet. We told her about my wife's Cancer Diagnosis.

She then asked us for Marriage evidence that we'd bought to the interview:

She asked us for the current lease, bank statements, utility bills, tax transcripts and photographs. We luckily had everything ready.

We also provided her with our 2022 Tax return and 2022 W2s. We gave her letter from the Oncologist too.

She then asked me to wait in the waiting area while she conducted my wife's N400 interview.

N400 Interview.

Civics Test:

1. Who is your state senator?

2. What Ocean is on the East?

3. What Ocean is on the West?

4. When was the constitution Written?

5. Who was the first president?

6. How many senators are there?

While she uploaded the documents, she asked more about the Cancer Diagnosis -- Type, Stage etc. The questions were asked in good faith and were more of concern than interrogation.

Then she handed her the N652 and recommended her name for Approval.

Overall, the experience was good, but a lot of questions were asked in the I-751 interview.

I highly recommend carrying as much evidence as possible including Photographs, joint finances, and lease agreements.

Update:

N400 Case Status: Oath Ceremony was Mailed. Oath ceremony date: March 09, 2023. (Chicago Field Office)

I-751 Case Status: Changed today morning from "Case was Received" to "Case was approved".

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
7 hours ago, Bicolandia said:

2/21 received biometrics notification letter.

My husband does the biometrics  tomorrow for N400, but they were  reused  for I-751

Timeline

Hubs did his biometrics yesterday 2/22 for N-400 and we received a message yesterday that they are actively reviewing his case 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 2/14/2023 at 6:45 AM, ashmed246 said:

Update: we received a notice of action yesterday about the I751 saying it was approved. However,  card will not be produced since already has a pending oath ceremony.  

Final update: Oath ceremony done and Naturalization certificate received today. Congrats to those that recently got approved and good luck to everyone still waiting, I hope you receive some updates soon.

Timeline
20 hours ago, ashmed246 said:

Final update: Oath ceremony done and Naturalization certificate received today. Congrats to those that recently got approved and good luck to everyone still waiting, I hope you receive some updates soon.

Congratulations 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cameroon
Timeline

January 2022 received a 24 months extension letter.

As if that's not long enough, received another letter for a 48 months extension February 2023.

Been eligible for citizenship since last October but have not considered that route as I prefer to keep things as they are.

My country doesn't accept dual citizenship at this time, unfortunately, so giving up what I have is kind of a bummer

as I have strong ties back home.

I guess they're hoping I get tired waiting and then file for citizenship somewhere down the line...Lol, based on the trend.

Anyways, has anyone who didn't want to file for citizenship had such an excruciatingly long wait for their 10 year GC?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Andy & Val said:

Anyways, has anyone who didn't want to file for citizenship had such an excruciatingly long wait for their 10 year GC?

Yes. @Crazy Cat’s wife.  44 months. Then she capitulated and became a citizen. She is now on the passport death March. As is my wife (became a citizen about 4 months later.

Like you, Mrs Crazy Cat and my wife were citizens of countries that don’t allow dual citizenship.  My wife has strong ties to her former country so her oath was a bittersweet day. But the inconvenience of even a 10 year gc got to be too much.  

Edited by Mike E

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Andy & Val said:

As if that's not long enough, received another letter for a 48 months extension February 2023.

Been eligible for citizenship since last October but have not considered that route as I prefer to keep things as they are.

My country doesn't accept dual citizenship at this time, unfortunately, so giving up what I have is kind of a bummer

I guess they're hoping I get tired waiting and then file for citizenship somewhere down the line...Lol, based on the trend.

Not sure of how long this member @OldUser awaits by now but doesn’t want to file N-400 either. 

6 minutes ago, Andy & Val said:

i have same case as you. I didn't wanna file N400 too coz same reason. I will be travelling overseas in June with my extension letter if the 10 year is not out by then. :( i keep checking everyday but nothing. sigh.. btw, Texas filer here.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.