Greencard-22

I-751 October 2021 Filers

740 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
3 hours ago, Mike E said:

Lets say at this moment there is USCIS officer looking at your case, and then the N-400 request comes in.  Maybe the officer's supervisor has a policy that when an N-400 comes in, I-751 officers have to look at the N-400 bonafide marital union evidence before making a decision. I just worry that you can slow your momentum. And I know this comes off as FUD.

It seems like among the October 2021 filers we've seen an acceleration in approvals.

I do agree that you shouldn't wait indefinitely, and hence I'm saying October 31 should be your filing day. IOW there are rational limits to my FUD.

I agree with your advice for those who have an I751 at the California Service Center.  There seems to be signs of life there.  The only approvals for October 2021 filers that I have seen have been at that service center.  We are in Vermont which, for immigration purposes, is like being in the petrified forest.

Based on my wife's green card anniversary date, we can technically submit our N400 online today.  However, to avoid any potential timing snafus we will wait until next Monday (October 24) and then submit the N400 online.

We don't see any value in waiting until October 31.  It would be my joy to take the I751 out of Vermont's hands and place it (and the N400) in the hands of the local field office in Boston.  They have been reportedly turning things around in 4-6 months.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
47 minutes ago, TastyCake said:

I agree with your advice for those who have an I751 at the California Service Center.

Agreed and my apologies if I implied otherwise. Those with cases with the other service centers should definitely file N-400, online, as soon as eligible.  

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Agreed and my apologies if I implied otherwise. Those with cases with the other service centers should definitely file N-400, online, as soon as eligible.  

Honestly, I think the inequity is what really irks me.  Make no mistake, I love hearing when people get approved.  It gives hope to people like us who are still waiting.

But when you put the same amount of effort into the same package with similar circumstances and you have to wait several more months because of geography ... i.e. the slower service center... it's just not right.

I forget the guy's handle but earlier this year somebody on VJ submitted a I751 and ended up in the Texas Service Center and I think it was like 3 months and he was already approved.  I'd like to rub his head for a minute or two and then play the flipping lottery.

I could be dead wrong but they are so slow up in Vermont I have the belief they are just sitting on I751s up there and focusing attention on other application packages hoping people submit the N400.  This takes the backlog off their plate and pushes it to the field offices to adjudicate.  It's just wasting people's time.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

Curious if anyone knows of a case at LIN – Lincoln Service Center (Nebraska Service Center) that has been approved.  Seems like WAC – Western Adjudication Center (California Service Center) is getting on with things.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
14 hours ago, TastyCake said:

Honestly, I think the inequity is what really irks me.  Make no mistake, I love hearing when people get approved.  It gives hope to people like us who are still waiting.

But when you put the same amount of effort into the same package with similar circumstances and you have to wait several more months because of geography ... i.e. the slower service center... it's just not right.

I forget the guy's handle but earlier this year somebody on VJ submitted a I751 and ended up in the Texas Service Center and I think it was like 3 months and he was already approved.  I'd like to rub his head for a minute or two and then play the flipping lottery.

I could be dead wrong but they are so slow up in Vermont I have the belief they are just sitting on I751s up there and focusing attention on other application packages hoping people submit the N400.  This takes the backlog off their plate and pushes it to the field offices to adjudicate.  It's just wasting people's time.

I wholeheartedly agree with you. It's the inequity for me. Last month we saw a LIN filer getting approved in ... 22 days. Yes, you read that right. 22 days!!! And while I am indeed happy for the person, it's not fair for the rest of us that have submitted a rock solid case months before. 

This person was from Ukraine, so at the beginning we thought it had to do with the situation in Ukraine, but then we see people like you from Ukraine that are also waiting, so that's not the reason. Maybe there is no reasoning, and that's what bothers me.

1 hour ago, Wouter Erwee said:

Curious if anyone knows of a case at LIN – Lincoln Service Center (Nebraska Service Center) that has been approved.  Seems like WAC – Western Adjudication Center (California Service Center) is getting on with things.

LIN is literally sleeping. Last case I saw was a guy approved in 22 days!!! 

Other than that they seemed to be working on February 2021 cases.

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
21 hours ago, cardia said:

Wanted to share my timeline for this filing as I received notification that my card has been mailed. All the best wishes to you guys, I really hope your approvals come through soon.

21 Oct 2021 - Case received and accepted.

11 Mar 2021 - Fingerprints reused.

11 Oct 2022 - Case has been approved. Card has been ordered for production.

14 Oct 2022 - Card has been mailed.

Congrats!!! 

9 minutes ago, Blasian said:

Is USCIS website down? It says "application is currently unavailable". i am kinda worried. I usually check my Case status every morning when i log in my computer at work. -Texas filer here.

It is painfully slow / partially done this morning in my experience also. Wouldn't worry too much and give it few hours / days.

Hopefully they're just processing a lot of applications simultaneously this morning 🙏

Edited by OldUser

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Blasian said:

Is USCIS website down? It says "application is currently unavailable". i am kinda worried. I usually check my Case status every morning when i log in my computer at work. -Texas filer here.

The case status link seems to have been down since last night (at least).  Like you I check our status daily.  It's quite irritating indeed but I check on a lark and wasn't expecting anything new anyway.

Timeline

We officially submitted my wife's N400 tonight.  Everything was successfully submitted and our payment was successfully processed as well.  We are now hoping this gets things moving along.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
58 minutes ago, TastyCake said:

We officially submitted my wife's N400 tonight.  Everything was successfully submitted and our payment was successfully processed as well.  We are now hoping this gets things moving along.

We just submitted my wife’s N400 online today as well. We got the receipt notice after few minutes and now just hoping everything moves. Good luck! 

Timeline
10 hours ago, ashmed246 said:

We just submitted my wife’s N400 online today as well. We got the receipt notice after few minutes and now just hoping everything moves. Good luck! 

We received an update to our case already that fingerprints from our prior visit to our application support center will be reused.  Saves us a trip.  Did you get the same?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

We filed the N400 for my wife on Oct 17, 2022. USCIS sent a text message on Oct 18 with the receipt number. The NOA date is Oct 20 and we received the I-797 on Oct 25, 2022 in mail. The case status says "Case was Received and A Receipt Notice was sent".

We filed the I-751 on Oct 15, 2021 and received the 24 month extension on Oct 18, 2021. Our service center is NBC. Even though my wife had her fingerprints taken in Nov 2021, the case status still says "Case was Received" and there hasn't been any update since then.

From what I read on this forum is that once N400 is filed, the I-751 case is transferred to the NBC for concurrent processing of the two petitions. However, in our case, since the I-751 is already at NBC, I'm not sure whether we'd receive a similar update to our I-751 case. I'm not sure whether this is a good or bad thing. From what I've read, NBC filers for ROC have a very slow processing time since local USCIS field offices don't have capacity to process.

Any thoughts are appreciated

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.