Greencard-22

I-751 October 2021 Filers

740 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 hour ago, JackMatt said:

Congratulations! So actually is 12 months not 10.5 like USCIS declares...

To be fair, the website states 80% of the cases are completed within 10.5 months at WAC.  EAC should be changed from 16.5 months to NEVER.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

The first day we can apply online for citizenship (N400) for my wife is, according to the USCIS early filing calculator, 10/17/2022.

I have read that submitting on that VERY first day is not recommended since you could risk a denial right out of the gate due to a timing snafu.

For those who already filed/submitted the N400 online successfully, when would you suggest we submit my wife's N400 online?  Should we wait 1 additional day?  3 additional days?  A week?  What is most prudent in your humble opinions?  Thanks.

9 minutes ago, TastyCake said:

The first day we can apply online for citizenship (N400) for my wife is, according to the USCIS early filing calculator, 10/17/2022.

I have read that submitting on that VERY first day is not recommended since you could risk a denial right out of the gate due to a timing snafu.

For those who already filed/submitted the N400 online successfully, when would you suggest we submit my wife's N400 online?  Should we wait 1 additional day?  3 additional days?  A week?  What is most prudent in your humble opinions?  Thanks.

Haven't filed N-400.

I think a week is reasonable. After all, if you have to wait months for N-400 approval, one week doesn't change much but gives enough buffer to avoid rejection due to early filing.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, TastyCake said:

I have read about this too. People do recommend to wait at least a day, a few or a week. My eligibility window opens up a day ahead of yours so I’ve decided to apply just a day later, on 17th to avoid any time zone issues. Someone mentioned USCIS payment processing system is in HI. 

1 hour ago, TastyCake said:

My wife waited 3 days.  She filed on 9/12 around 6 pm Pacific time.  It immediately showed 9/13 as filing date (next day).  I researched and read that USCIS servers use Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) which is 7 hours ahead of Pacific time.  Not worth taking any chance.  Just wait a few days before filing....in the big picture it does not make any difference. 

2 hours ago, TastyCake said:

3 weeks after the eligibility window opened. it’s primarily because both of us are lazy

So excited to report back to this thread with good news - my case was approved on October 12, no interview! WAC, and my approval letter came today. Card still on the way.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
12 minutes ago, cardia said:

So excited to report back to this thread with good news - my case was approved on October 12, no interview! WAC, and my approval letter came today. Card still on the way.

Congrats! 🥳 What was your local field office? 

2 minutes ago, Elena & Craig said:

Congrats! 🥳 What was your local field office? 

San Diego, CA. Don’t think it ever went there though as I was never scheduled for an interview, I’m presuming it stayed at WAC.

@Elena & Craig field office is irrelevant in this case. The application was processed solely at the Service Center. Field office is only involved if interview is needed or N-400 filed with N-751 pending.

^^ people can correct me on this, it's only my understanding.

Just now, OldUser said:

@Elena & Craig field office is irrelevant in this case. The application was processed solely at the Service Center. Field office is only involved if interview is needed or N-400 filed with N-751 pending.

^^ people can correct me on this, it's only my understanding.

This is how I understand it too, especially as all of my e-requests have been addressed by WAC/California Service Center. As I recall, my e-requests or inquiries during AOS were answered by my local field office after my case was ready to be scheduled for an interview.

21 hours ago, JackMatt said:

Congratulations! So actually is 12 months not 10.5 like USCIS declares...

As mentioned earlier it's about 80% of cases. Also, this is out of date information, at the time USCIS posted the status. They do not change it in real time daily. Since then the processing times may have increased. It may become obvious next time the statistics is updated.

41 minutes ago, OldUser said:

As mentioned earlier it's about 80% of cases. Also, this is out of date information, at the time USCIS posted the status. They do not change it in real time daily. Since then the processing times may have increased. It may become obvious next time the statistics is updated.

That 10.5 months is the moving average of the processing time in the last 6 months.  It's possible in the last couple months things slow down so now it's really taking 12 months, but the data won't reflect that.  The same would also happen if they started processing faster as well.

Edited by Moe428

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.