Greencard-22

I-751 October 2021 Filers

740 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
4 minutes ago, cardia said:

Wanted to share my timeline for this filing as I received notification that my card has been mailed. All the best wishes to you guys, I really hope your approvals come through soon.

21 Oct 2021 - Case received and accepted.

11 Mar 2021 - Fingerprints reused.

11 Oct 2022 - Case has been approved. Card has been ordered for production.

14 Oct 2022 - Card has been mailed.

Congrat @cardia.

Have you planned out your first camping trip since being approved?

As in camping outside your mail box waiting for your USPS carrier on the day the card is due? 😂

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
8 minutes ago, cardia said:

Wanted to share my timeline for this filing as I received notification that my card has been mailed. All the best wishes to you guys, I really hope your approvals come through soon.

21 Oct 2021 - Case received and accepted.

11 Mar 2021 - Fingerprints reused.

11 Oct 2022 - Case has been approved. Card has been ordered for production.

14 Oct 2022 - Card has been mailed.

March 11 must have been a batch day for WAC. My case was received on Oct 28, but fingerprints been reused exactly just like in your case - on March 11 😊 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Elena & Craig said:

March 11 must have been a batch day for WAC. My case was received on Oct 28, but fingerprints been reused exactly just like in your case - on March 11 😊 

It was. We were March 11 too.

Let's hope October 2022 continues to be a batch month for approvals.

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Mike E said:

It was. We were March 11 too.

Let's hope October 2022 continues to be a batch month for approvals.

Yeah. Fingers crossed but I think I’m still filing for N-400 today as it seems like my husband is more eager and keeps asking me if I already submitted my application 😁 Not sure if waiting another week to see if something changes with I-751 makes sense 🤷🏼‍♀️ Probably just gonna go in the direction of the wind.

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Elena & Craig said:

Yeah. Fingers crossed but I think I’m still filing for N-400 today as it seems like my husband is more eager and keeps asking me if I already submitted my application 😁 Not sure if waiting another week to see if something changes with I-751 makes sense 🤷🏼‍♀️ Probably just gonna go in the direction of the wind.

I think you should out until October 31 in case there really is a big push.  

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Mike E said:

I think you should out until October 31 in case there really is a big push.  

I’m not opposed to good reasoning on why worth to wait, if you can elaborate. I’m all ears. What really are the benefits of waiting? Hypothetically I file N-400 and then in most cases they do a combo interview, it’s not a given but that’s what happens. Interview for naturalization occurs anyways - civics, reading/writing, answering questions regarding your application. Potentially we are looking for 2 interviews - one for I-751 and another one for citizenship as oppose to 1 combo interview altogether. What am I missing here? Help me out. 

1 hour ago, Mike E said:

Congrat @cardia.

Have you planned out your first camping trip since being approved?

As in camping outside your mail box waiting for your USPS carrier on the day the card is due? 😂

Way ahead of you - my tent is pitched by the mailbox already! 😂

20 minutes ago, Elena & Craig said:

I’m not opposed to good reasoning on why worth to wait, if you can elaborate. I’m all ears. What really are the benefits of waiting? Hypothetically I file N-400 and then in most cases they do a combo interview, it’s not a given but that’s what happens. Interview for naturalization occurs anyways - civics, reading/writing, answering questions regarding your application. Potentially we are looking for 2 interviews - one for I-751 and another one for citizenship as oppose to 1 combo interview altogether. What am I missing here? Help me out. 

Right now, if your case is strong enough, it may get approved without an interview within few weeks or by the end of the year.

If you decide to file N-400, especially online, the USCIS may have enough time to divert your case from "I-751 no interview" path (service center) to combo interview at the field office.

Depending on the field office, it may take you many months again to appear for your N-400 interview. For example, current processing time in San Francisco is 17 months. Meaning you may have your combo in a year or so. And that is, IF they don't mess it up and you have a combo instead of N-400 and telling you they cannot approve because you have I-751 pending.

All this time you're going to be relying on extension letter and then potentially I-551 stamps.

Wouldn't it be better to have the 10 year GC instead?

^^ All statements above are hypotetical. Your I-751 may get approved before N-400. This is only based on my personal observations of cases on VJ.

Timeline
28 minutes ago, Elena & Craig said:

Lets say at this moment there is USCIS officer looking at your case, and then the N-400 request comes in.  Maybe the officer's supervisor has a policy that when an N-400 comes in, I-751 officers have to look at the N-400 bonafide marital union evidence before making a decision. I just worry that you can slow your momentum. And I know this comes off as FUD.

It seems like among the October 2021 filers we've seen an acceleration in approvals.

I do agree that you shouldn't wait indefinitely, and hence I'm saying October 31 should be your filing day. IOW there are rational limits to my FUD.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, OldUser said:

Right now, if your case is strong enough, it may get approved without an interview within few weeks or by the end of the year.

If you decide to file N-400, especially online, the USCIS may have enough time to divert your case from "I-751 no interview" path (service center) to combo interview at the field office.

Depending on the field office, it may take you many months again to appear for your N-400 interview. For example, current processing time in San Francisco is 17 months. Meaning you may have your combo in a year or so. And that is, IF they don't mess it up and you have a combo instead of N-400 and telling you they cannot approve because you have I-751 pending.

All this time you're going to be relying on extension letter and then potentially I-551 stamps.

Wouldn't it be better to have the 10 year GC instead?

^^ All statements above are hypotetical. Your I-751 may get approved before N-400. This is only based on my personal observations of cases on VJ.

Current processing times are irrelevant and pretty useless to begin with. I’m also reading forum here alright and real experience determines that citizenship for SF local field office takes 4 to 8 months. I’m certainly not waiting until the end of the year to file…

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Elena & Craig said:

I'm in the same boat. SF local office, and I filed my i-751 in November last year. After looking at latest WAC approval timing I've decided to give myself till mid December to file N-400. I feel like waiting 2 extra weeks won't make a huge difference in citizenship waiting game but it can make a difference for not having to worry about potentially dealing with I-551 stamps. While right now actual wait time for San Francisco is indeed shorter, it never lasts. My friend got his N-400 approved 2 months ago but he waited 14 months before it happened. But there were also people who filed the same month he did and got approved earlier. Someone's still waiting for an interview. It's always a matter of luck with an SF office, but if waiting 2 extra weeks can equip you with an actual 10-year green card, I say it's worth it. But that's me :) You do you. 

Edited by Olga&Jared

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Olga&Jared said:

I'm in the same boat. SF local office, and I filed my i-751 in November last year. After looking at latest WAC approval timing I've decided to give myself till mid December to file N-400. I feel like waiting 2 extra weeks won't make a huge difference in citizenship waiting game but it can make a different for not having to worry about potentially dealing with I-551 stamps. While right now actual wait time for San Francisco is indeed shorter, it never lasts. My friend got his N-400 approved 2 months ago but he waited 14 months before it happened. But there were also people who filed the same month he did and got approved earlier. Someone's still waiting for an interview. It's always a matter of luck with an SF office, but if waiting 2 extra weeks can equip you with an actual 10-year green card, I say it's worth it. But that's me :) You do you. 

Indeed, I’d even say it’s a matter of luck anywhere in the States with USCIS. Go figure how they process all of it 😁 Anyhoo good luck to all of us!

Edited by Elena & Craig

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.