Liz66

My fiance was denied - what do we do next?

72 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 9/23/2021 at 6:02 PM, Liz66 said:

My fiance was denied in his interview,  what are our options

You may consider getting married and filing for a CR-1 visa.  What was your reason for denial? 

4 minutes ago, Coco8 said:

Then he didn't have an interview yet? It should have been updated, at least to say there was an interview. 

I think something fishy is going on here....

On 9/26/2021 at 12:30 PM, Liz66 said:

Hi, I checked the status and it says NO STATUS and the date is June 11 2021. It says contact Consulate 

Probably time to go to Morocco and spend more time with him.  You need to spend much more time together. Chances are they will kick it back to USCIS to die.  You can either marry/ file an I-130 or try another K1.   Once of the worse things about a K1, other than not being able to work or travel for a long time when coming to the US,  is that you can not appeal a refusal from the consulate.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
8 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

I think something fishy is going on here....

Yeah, no status?

OP > Do as it says and contact the consulate. Find out if there was an interview. 

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 9/23/2021 at 8:02 PM, Liz66 said:

My fiance was denied in his interview,  what are our options

I’m not sure the visa is denied, May be administration process, but write embassy to know ur fiancé visa status they will be in best position to give u update about his visa interview 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
On 9/24/2021 at 5:16 AM, Liz66 said:

We spent 3 months talking online and then I visited him for 1 week. Presented lots of pictures. I am working with my fiance to  see if he has something in writing.  Thanks so much. I. Think the next step may be I have to go back. And marry him there

My now husband is from Morocco. I visited him three times before we filed the K-1 visa. The Casablanca consulate is quite tough as others have pointed out. We had a binder full of pictures and text messages, Facebook chats, etc. First interview he received the administrative processing paper. They wanted more evidence which had already been submitted, but we did it anyway. Second interview he was approved. I met another woman on this site whose K-1 was denied on the spot as well. Similar situation, she had only been to Morocco one time. We started our process in May 2018, and he finally entered the US in October 2019. I’m happy to share any of my experiences with you if you want to send me a private message. I agree with others on this post though at this point you will have to go to morocco and get married, and file the CR1 visa. Once the K-1 is denied, they send it back to USCIS we’re basically dies. Plus side of the CR one is that when he does enter the US he will automatically have a green card and work authorization. My husband had to wait eight months for his work authorization and over a year for his green card.

Timeline
23 minutes ago, nharris3428 said:

My now husband is from Morocco. I visited him three times before we filed the K-1 visa. The Casablanca consulate is quite tough as others have pointed out. We had a binder full of pictures and text messages, Facebook chats, etc. First interview he received the administrative processing paper. They wanted more evidence which had already been submitted, but we did it anyway. Second interview he was approved. I met another woman on this site whose K-1 was denied on the spot as well. Similar situation, she had only been to Morocco one time. We started our process in May 2018, and he finally entered the US in October 2019. I’m happy to share any of my experiences with you if you want to send me a private message. I agree with others on this post though at this point you will have to go to morocco and get married, and file the CR1 visa. Once the K-1 is denied, they send it back to USCIS we’re basically dies. Plus side of the CR one is that when he does enter the US he will automatically have a green card and work authorization. My husband had to wait eight months for his work authorization and over a year for his green card.

Thank you so much. I will be going to Morocco 1st quarter 2022 to marry him. I need to find a thread that tells me what I need to do before I get there 

5 minutes ago, Liz66 said:

Thank you so much. I will be going to Morocco 1st quarter 2022 to marry him. I need to find a thread that tells me what I need to do before I get there 

You need to find out why the status is “no status” which normally means there has not been an interview yet, when he told you he had one. Or has the status updated to something else since you posted that?

Timeline
1 hour ago, Liz66 said:

In addition to the list below, if you have been married previously, you will need to bring copies of the divorce decree.

1. Passport.
  2. Passport sized photos.
  3. Birth certificate.
  4. Copy of the 2 witnesses' passports.
  5. Fee.
  6. Police record from your country of residence.
  7. Medical certificate from a Moroccan doctor.
  8. Affidavit stating that you can legally marry.

My friend will be travelling there in 6 weeks to marry her fiancé. I can ask her if there is anything else that she is taking?

Timeline
2 hours ago, nharris3428 said:

In addition to the list below, if you have been married previously, you will need to bring copies of the divorce decree.

1. Passport.
  2. Passport sized photos.
  3. Birth certificate.
  4. Copy of the 2 witnesses' passports.
  5. Fee.
  6. Police record from your country of residence.
  7. Medical certificate from a Moroccan doctor.
  8. Affidavit stating that you can legally marry.

My friend will be travelling there in 6 weeks to marry her fiancé. I can ask her if there is anything else that she is taking?

That would be great

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
5 hours ago, Liz66 said:

You are going to marry him without knowing why the K-1 was denied?   I will ask again.  What was said during the interview?  What seemed to be concerns???  MARRIAGE DOES NOT CURE ALL DENIALS.  

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

2 hours ago, Chancy said:

As others have repeatedly pointed out, having no status on CEAC is NOT normal, even for cases that are actually denied.  Please find out all the details about the visa interview from your fiance before you proceed with any marriage plans.

This.  If your fiance says he didn't receive a letter from the consular officer who interviewed him, then he's lying.  It's the law and every embassy in the world is strict about it.  Refusals are verbal and in writing.  The letter will tell you if his case is being returned back to USCIS or if he's got some ineligibility-- maybe a criminal hit in the system, or maybe something indicated from his medical exam.  Either you or your fiance are not providing all the information in this case.  Best of luck to you.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.