17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

We submitted our paperwork on 12/29/2020. We received our NOA 1 in April. Nothing since. I’m starting to think that those of us who submitted paperwork during the COVID winter and then the Texas storms are just screwed. I’ve seen various people who submitted their paperwork months after us already get their NOA2 and beyond. 

Anyone else in our situation? Anyone able to shed some light on this? Wondering what to do. Very frustrated with no movement on this and feeling helpless. 

Thanks. 

Timeline

Thx. Sos that 

8 minutes ago, HRQX said:

You could submit a case inquiry

Thanks. Did that. Finally the system let me. For months it wouldn’t. Not much confidence that I’ll get a useful reply or that it’ll move things along. But fingers crossed regardless. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
20 minutes ago, M&JBogota2020 said:

We submitted our paperwork on 12/29/2020. We received our NOA 1 in April. Nothing since. I’m starting to think that those of us who submitted paperwork during the COVID winter and then the Texas storms are just screwed. I’ve seen various people who submitted their paperwork months after us already get their NOA2 and beyond. 

Anyone else in our situation? Anyone able to shed some light on this? Wondering what to do. Very frustrated with no movement on this and feeling helpless. 

Thanks. 

According to your timeline, your NOA-1 was 28 January, correct?  And I don't mean when you received the notice but the USCIS receipt date.  If so, then you should be seeing something within the next few weeks.  I say this because with the delays in NOA-1 issuance, it seems to fall in line (even though I cannot say it is correct 100% of the time) and I saw a few late January approvals the last week or so.  My NOA-1 was "received" on the 15th of January but the issue date due to delays was the middle of March.  Don't lose hope on it and you might hear something soon regardless of putting in that request.  

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Keithn85 said:

According to your timeline, your NOA-1 was 28 January, correct?  And I don't mean when you received the notice but the USCIS receipt date.  If so, then you should be seeing something within the next few weeks.  I say this because with the delays in NOA-1 issuance, it seems to fall in line (even though I cannot say it is correct 100% of the time) and I saw a few late January approvals the last week or so.  My NOA-1 was "received" on the 15th of January but the issue date due to delays was the middle of March.  Don't lose hope on it and you might hear something soon regardless of putting in that request.  

Thanks. I appreciate the encouragement. The whole process has been a disaster - I’m not sure what date they have for the NOA1, honestly. They sent a text in March acknowledging receipt. We never received the paper receipt. Then we did a change of address and they appeared to change the receipt date to April, based on the case status online. That’s the date I’m currently going off of (note to others - DON’T CHANGE YOUR ADDRESS UNLESS YOU HAVE TO). We submitted an inquiry about the change of address delay and the never-received original paper copy of the NOA1. Nothing other than an acknowledgement of the change of address. Again, it’s been a mess. Our package arrived in Texas to the FedEx lock box, which was a huge disaster given the storms. No one went for like a month to get lock box packages, as USCIS published in a statement on their website. I wish I would have waited until March to submit the package via USPS. We’d probably have a visa appointment by now. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, M&JBogota2020 said:

. Our package arrived in Texas to the FedE

An interesting point to note is that per federal regulations, USCIS is obligated to go off of the date packages were received to process cases. Doesn’t matter how long they take to send an NOA. Rather, the date the package arrived to the lock box is the legal date from which they need to work. Obviously this is NOT the case. Hence the delays and totally illogical timelines. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

LAKE JACKSON, Texas — For most Houston-area residents, Hurricane Nicholas feels like a distant memory. But there are thousands heading into the weekend without power. 

That post was 20 hours ago

Even if the offices did not experience damage,  its hard for residents to get to work (who have no power of their own) no traffic lights working ,  many gas pumps working, trees down

an inquiry at this point would probably be useless /  let them get the city working again

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
5 hours ago, M&JBogota2020 said:

An interesting point to note is that per federal regulations, USCIS is obligated to go off of the date packages were received to process cases. Doesn’t matter how long they take to send an NOA. Rather, the date the package arrived to the lock box is the legal date from which they need to work. Obviously this is NOT the case. Hence the delays and totally illogical timelines. 

When you put your wac number in case status inquiry, what's the date it shows? 

That's the receipt date (it's also on your NOA 1) 

The reason why it wasn't allowing you to submit an inquiry is probably because your date has not passed the inquiry date yet.

Stay positive all the prayers for you.

• Jan 26, 2021 = NOA 1 for I-129F (K1 Visa application)
  • Sep 8, 2021 = NOA 2 for I-129F (K1 Visa application)
  • Nov 16, 2021 =  K1 visa issued in Islamabad, Pakistan
  • Jan 20, 2022 = POE Dallas, Texas
  • Feb 14, 2022 = AOS (I-451, I-131, I765) Filed
  • Feb 20, 2022 = Receipt notice for all three received
  • March 21, 2022 = Biometrics in Dallas, Texas
  • August 9, 2022 = EAD (I-751 approved)
  • August 13, 2022 = EAD and SSN received (SSN applied with EAD)
  • September 6, 2022 = AP (I-131 approved)
  • September 13, 2022 = AP (I-131 receieved) 
  • March 15, 2023 = I-485 approved (interview waived, New SSN received without DHS wording)
  • March 31, 2023 = GC in hand (Total time from NOA-1 to GC in hand 794 days)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline

Our NOA-2 took 10 months, so I empathize. :( Definitely contact your state's US Senators AND US Representatives if you haven't already. They may not be able to do much except for an additional inquiry on your behalf, but at least it makes contact with USCIS. I was planning to file a complaint with the USCIS ombudsman if we hadn't gotten our NOA-2 after getting the Senator and Representative to place an inquiry, but thankfully we didn't have to.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline
23 hours ago, M&JBogota2020 said:

Thanks. I appreciate the encouragement. The whole process has been a disaster - I’m not sure what date they have for the NOA1, honestly. They sent a text in March acknowledging receipt. We never received the paper receipt. Then we did a change of address and they appeared to change the receipt date to April, based on the case status online. That’s the date I’m currently going off of (note to others - DON’T CHANGE YOUR ADDRESS UNLESS YOU HAVE TO). We submitted an inquiry about the change of address delay and the never-received original paper copy of the NOA1. Nothing other than an acknowledgement of the change of address. Again, it’s been a mess. Our package arrived in Texas to the FedEx lock box, which was a huge disaster given the storms. No one went for like a month to get lock box packages, as USCIS published in a statement on their website. I wish I would have waited until March to submit the package via USPS. We’d probably have a visa appointment by now. 

Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry to hear about your process. I've been holding off updating my address as well because I'm so paranoid about issues with this, especially at a time where things that normally could be easily resolved will take much longer. If it helps your thinking at all, I delayed submitting mine from December until March while I was in my fiancee's country, and we still haven't gotten NOA2 yet; so don't beat yourself up about timing :)

The case inquiry is always the way to go, but if for whatever reason yours does get 'updated' to an April NOA1, I wonder if you could file an expedite based on administrative error. Granted, I'm not sure how likely any of those are to be approved nowadays, but the change of address pushing you back five months is pretty significant. I'd wait first until you hear back from the inquiry, as if I had to guess, your NOA2 is just slightly delayed... January only very recently got 'finished'. 

K-1 Visa Process: Complete 

I-129F Sent: 03/16/2021

I-129F Picked Up from Dallas Lockbox: 03/18/2021

NOA1: Received 03/17/2021 (backdated); notice date 04/08/2021

NOA2: 2/18/22 

NVC Received: 03/08/2022

NVC Case Number: 03/17/2022

Interview: 06/06/2022 —> Approved!

Wedding: 08/02/2022 🥳

AOS Process: Complete 

I-435/I-765/I-131 Sent: 08/09/2022

I-435/I-765/I-131 Picked up from Chicago PO Box: 08/10/2022

Priority Date: 08/10/2022 (NBC)

I-864 RFE: 08/25/2022

Biometrics: 09/08/2022 

Active Reviews: 09/08/2022 (EAD), 09/09/2022 (AOS)

RFE Response Sent: 09/15/2022

EAD / AP Approval: 06/06/2023 (approval notice in portal, no status update)

I-485 Approval: 04/19/2024 🥳

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

***Posts that altered another poster's text have been removed; when quoting another poster, either disable your translation software or delete the quote with the translated text.  The issue in regards to translating another user's post is addressed by the following provision of the TOS.***

VJ Terms of Service said:

By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree that when using the Service, you will not:

• Impersonate another person or entity, or falsify or delete any author attributions, legal or other proper notices or proprietary designations or labels of the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is Posted.

Edited by Ryan H

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline
On 9/19/2021 at 12:57 AM, M&JBogota2020 said:

Thanks. 

Don´t worry. You´ll get it. Our NOA1 was on 11/02/2020 and got our NOA2 on 09/17/2021 - 10,5 months after. Try to be occupied and all those calls, e-mails won´t do anything. Trust me. I´ve tried everything (2 inquiries - only one response that I have to wait longer, contacted EMA numerous times, called them x times) and have never gotten any answer. They hung up on me, ended chats. I felt like a last piece of by the way they treated me. It depends what person has your case and how fast are they processing.

K1 Visa

NOA1: 11/02/2020

NOA2: 09/16/2021

NVC received: 10/07/2021

Case No: 10/12/2021

In transit: 10/26/2021

Consulate received: 10/27/2021

Timeline
1 hour ago, BPCW said:

Don´t worry. You´ll get it. Our NOA1 was on 11/02/2020 and got our NOA2 on 09/17/2021 - 10,5 months after. Try to be occupied and all those calls, e-mails won´t do anything. Trust me. I´ve tried everything (2 inquiries - only one response that I have to wait longer, contacted EMA numerous times, called them x times) and have never gotten any answer. They hung up on me, ended chats. I felt like a last piece of by the way they treated me. It depends what person has your case and how fast are they processing.

Thank your for this. You’ve given me some hope.

I went down the enervating path of contacting USCIS, contacting my senator, and contacting the ombudsman. USCIS responded with a boiler plate answer that they cannot provide an estimate and that they’ll process my case when they can.

Nothing from anyone else yet. I had to submit various rounds of authorizations to initiate the claims. I honestly don’t know that any of these entities have any legal authority to pressure USCIS. Based on USCIS’s response, it seems they just process cases as they want to, when they want to, with little to no oversight of their process - despite the CFR’s stipulating that cases will be processed in order received (how does it take my case 10.5 months and other people get theirs through in less than 6 months? Seriously?). 

My case is apparently being adjudicated at the California service center. I submitted my case to the lockbox in Texas. Where did you submit? Where was it adjudicated? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Liberia
Timeline
1 hour ago, M&JBogota2020 said:

Thank your for this. You’ve given me some hope.

I went down the enervating path of contacting USCIS, contacting my senator, and contacting the ombudsman. USCIS responded with a boiler plate answer that they cannot provide an estimate and that they’ll process my case when they can.

Nothing from anyone else yet. I had to submit various rounds of authorizations to initiate the claims. I honestly don’t know that any of these entities have any legal authority to pressure USCIS. Based on USCIS’s response, it seems they just process cases as they want to, when they want to, with little to no oversight of their process - despite the CFR’s stipulating that cases will be processed in order received (how does it take my case 10.5 months and other people get theirs through in less than 6 months? Seriously?). 

My case is apparently being adjudicated at the California service center. I submitted my case to the lockbox in Texas. Where did you submit? Where was it adjudicated? 

All K1 cases go to the California service center. The Texas lockbox is just that, not the service center. The lockbox just creates your case in the system and ships it off to California. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, BPCW said:

Don´t worry. You´ll get it. Our NOA1 was on 11/02/2020 and got our NOA2 on 09/17/2021 - 10,5 months after.

Could you please clarify what you mean by your NOA1 date? Was this the date that your case was physically received by USCIS or the date that they printed as your notification date on the NOA1? 

My case was physically received by USCIS on 12/29/2020; the date that USCIS issued my NOA was in March 2021. The NOA has both the receipt date from March as well as the received date of 12/29. I’m trying to determine how close my process is to your timeline of “10.5 months”. Thank you!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.