Mintosman

Guide missing for AFTER Interview Letter received

14 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hello, I can't find any resource on here that walks people through the steps AFTER you receive your Interview Letter from NVC. Are there Step-by-Step Instructions for how you sign up for Courier Services, how you email IOM, how to use AIS.USVISA-INFO.COM when you have children etc. Unless I am missing something it seems Visa Journey really fails to lead people to the ultimate finish line. And before I get answers of oh it says submit IOM email or Register for DHL etc... I am speaking of SPECIFICS for people to follow just like we have for Guides when choosing CR1 or K1 etc. 

Hopefully I am just looking in the wrong spot!

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Crazy Cat said:

"Unless I am missing something it seems Visa Journey really fails to lead people to the ultimate finish line. "

Once your interview is scheduled, each consulate has its own SPECIFIC requirements and instructions.  

Wouldn't the "execution" of steps be the same even though the steps may be different? For example, Registering for Courier services, I imagine that is different per Embassy, but I believe there is only 1 website that NVC uses to Register?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

No,  once the case leaves NVC,  all is embassy controlled

courier services are country dependent like Morocco uses Aramex or tells immigrant to pick up passport at embassy

and what documents each embassy asks the immigrant to bring to interview varies from country to country

some embassies can require an aposille document while others don't 

We only issue apostilles for federal documents to use in countries that are members of the 1961 Hague Convention. from the travel.gov site for apostilles 

there are the normal documents like originals of birth certificate,  death notices,  divorce documents,  I 864 or I 134,  tax returns, criminal reports but USCIS lists all that on their site

but how the embassy schedules K1 from country to country is even different 

and some countries are known to have people who produce fake documents which adds to the steps of any interview there

plus documents can be lost in transit from USCIS to NVC to embassy so that adds to the instructions

embassies even handle the interview and decision differently / some deny without giving the immigrant the reason they just mark 221 g (not qualified for a visa at this time)

and some have long long long AP for extra security checks on immigrant as the country has poor record keeping

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

The best place is to look in the region specific forums as well.  As others have stated, the embassies all can have different processes.  Asking in the specific region forums will get you connected with others going through/completed the same process at your embassy.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Look at Embassy reviews and regional forums, for country specific post NVC information.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

11 hours ago, Mintosman said:

Wouldn't the "execution" of steps be the same even though the steps may be different? For example, Registering for Courier services, I imagine that is different per Embassy, but I believe there is only 1 website that NVC uses to Register?

It is not the same per embassy. 

Kind of low to complain about this free, all-volunteer site not providing you with that level of hand-holding.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
4 hours ago, Mintosman said:

LOL you mean the same site I’ve answered questions on for years? Ok 👍🏻 

You have like 140 posts... 

And yes, that's the site. You will find every answer you need, you just need to find the right subforum instead of complaining. It's all right there.

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Boss, you're coming in hot and arrogant. 

Look at the embassy website. It offers all those info too. VJ isn't a "one-stop for all." We all read from multiple, legitimate sources. 

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Timeline
7 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

It is not the same per embassy. 

Kind of low to complain about this free, all-volunteer site not providing you with that level of hand-holding.

2 hours ago, Scandi said:

You have like 140 posts... 

And yes, that's the site. You will find every answer you need, you just need to find the right subforum instead of complaining. It's all right there.

First of all I wasn’t complaining, I was purely stating that VJ brings people this far to just let them wander around with no direction at the very last stage. I wanted to change that. I only have experience with one embassy in the world. 2nd, I used a different user name years ago. (I only have 140 post because I just need clarification on a few of the things that are different from the last process). I am willing to do the work to make the resources available to everyone so that they don’t run into the same issues. 

46 minutes ago, Mintosman said:

First of all I wasn’t complaining, I was purely stating that VJ brings people this far to just let them wander around with no direction at the very last stage. I wanted to change that. I only have experience with one embassy in the world. 2nd, I used a different user name years ago. (I only have 140 post because I just need clarification on a few of the things that are different from the last process). I am willing to do the work to make the resources available to everyone so that they don’t run into the same issues. 

Embassies change their instructions regularly, sometimes it's the delivery method, sometimes other matters.  It would be a disservice to keep inaccurate data on VJ (since the embassies would not send an update to VJ, eh...).

I think the best instructions is to tell people to follow their embassy/consulate instructions, and to validate with recent reviews on VJ/all questions if unclear.

Best of luck.

Timeline
27 minutes ago, Lemonslice said:

Embassies change their instructions regularly, sometimes it's the delivery method, sometimes other matters.  It would be a disservice to keep inaccurate data on VJ (since the embassies would not send an update to VJ, eh...).

I think the best instructions is to tell people to follow their embassy/consulate instructions, and to validate with recent reviews on VJ/all questions if unclear.

Best of luck.

I have come to understand now. Thanks to everyone’s great answers. I appreciate it 🙏🏻

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
4 hours ago, Mintosman said:

First of all I wasn’t complaining, I was purely stating that VJ brings people this far to just let them wander around with no direction at the very last stage. I wanted to change that. 

This is a DIY site.  A major component of that is the "Yourself" part.  There are guides here to get people started and help them initially, but the ultimate goal is for everyone to take ownership of their own case.  

It is assumed that after a year people will understand the process more than they did when they started and can do some research on their own.  The regional forums exists to help with any specific questions.  

For instance, if I google "Kenya embassy CR1", the 3rd result (top 2 are VJ links, heh) is for the state dept: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Supplements/Supplements_by_Post/NRB-Nairobi.html

That page explains what to do after NVC schedules the interview, for Kenya.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.