Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public part 3

2,934 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Just now, TEXbound said:

Hello!  Yes I was denied during my Interview in Montreal because my husband who is a dual citizen USA/Canada was with me in Canada- what I provided for them regarding domicile was not accepted- he had to go to the USA and open a bank account, secure a temporary residence, I had to show proof of wiring him money as well as he was able to unbelievably get hired in a job all within a week.  There was also a problem with the I-864 which  I had to to resolve by obtaining another sponsor- it was alot and I was massively stressed as I did not want this temporary separation but it all worked out in the end and I'm so happy and relieved!

Timeline

Hi all,

I had my 1R1 interview this morning. I was the first person in and out of the building today, 40 mins total. The person interviewing me said multiple times he intends to approve my visa, but that their systems weren't yet up and running and he had to double check one more thing first as a result. He then said I will receive my passport with green card in 3-4 weeks, and i was given a paper with info about how to find my tracking number. Does anyone know why I was told 3-4 weeks? I thought it was usually back to you within about one week. Also I live in a major Canadian city, if that matters in terms of the courier service. 

Thanks all.

Timeline
1 hour ago, yyctous said:

Hi all,

I had my 1R1 interview this morning. I was the first person in and out of the building today, 40 mins total. The person interviewing me said multiple times he intends to approve my visa, but that their systems weren't yet up and running and he had to double check one more thing first as a result. He then said I will receive my passport with green card in 3-4 weeks, and i was given a paper with info about how to find my tracking number. Does anyone know why I was told 3-4 weeks? I thought it was usually back to you within about one week. Also I live in a major Canadian city, if that matters in terms of the courier service. 

Thanks all.

3-4 weeks?!! That does sound like a long time. I have my interview next Monday and currently live and work in the US, so would definitely be curious to hear what others say about this.

Timeline

Hi all,

Just a quick review of my medical last Thursday with Dr. Mascarenhas in Toronto. I was able to get an appointment very quickly, and even change it a couple of times and they were very accommodating. They asked you to submit a vaccine record form filled by a doctor, passport biodata page scan, passport photo scan, and interview letter scan beforehand. The entire process took only 30 minutes from start to end. The x-ray is done in the same building and lab is just down the street. There was no waiting for any of these steps, and Dr. Mascarenhas was very nice and efficient. Highly recommend.

Timeline
2 hours ago, HD_BIRDS said:

Hi all,

Just a quick review of my medical last Thursday with Dr. Mascarenhas in Toronto. I was able to get an appointment very quickly, and even change it a couple of times and they were very accommodating. They asked you to submit a vaccine record form filled by a doctor, passport biodata page scan, passport photo scan, and interview letter scan beforehand. The entire process took only 30 minutes from start to end. The x-ray is done in the same building and lab is just down the street. There was no waiting for any of these steps, and Dr. Mascarenhas was very nice and efficient. Highly recommend.

I also booked my medical there! They have been great so far and quick to respond to emails. They did not ask me to submit a vaccine record...I do have a record of my vaccines but as my family Dr retired, I dont have anyone to fill that out.... 🤔

Hi there! I thought I read this somewhere on this thread but I can't find it now but wanted to ask: do any of the physicians allow you to make an appointment without an interview letter? My husband has to fly out for work soon and we are afraid that we'll be issued an interview soon but he won't have enough time to fly back from work and complete his medical in time. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
14 minutes ago, kirbhava said:

Do any of the physicians allow you to make an appointment without an interview letter?

Sorry, but the answer to that is still no

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Timeline
5 minutes ago, kirbhava said:

Thank you - appreciate the quick response! 

Actually Dr Zatzman just requires MTL number. I was able to complete my medical without the IL. My case however was expedited, but Dr Zatzman never asked for that proof.

Best to contact their office directly though.

Timeline
41 minutes ago, YYZ&MIA said:

I also booked my medical there! They have been great so far and quick to respond to emails. They did not ask me to submit a vaccine record...I do have a record of my vaccines but as my family Dr retired, I dont have anyone to fill that out.... 🤔

I submitted a vaccine record downloaded from Alberta Public Health agency, but they still made me get a doctor fill out that form. I don't even have Canadian health insurance! I had to update TDAP, so I went to a travel clinic and they did both the TDAP and vaccine form for $70. The cost of the form fill was $30.

Timeline
36 minutes ago, kirbhava said:

Hi there! I thought I read this somewhere on this thread but I can't find it now but wanted to ask: do any of the physicians allow you to make an appointment without an interview letter? My husband has to fly out for work soon and we are afraid that we'll be issued an interview soon but he won't have enough time to fly back from work and complete his medical in time. 

No, the physicians require the interview letter to make an appointment.

Timeline
6 hours ago, yyctous said:

Hi all,

Thanks all.

Congratulations!

I think I heard others being told 3-4 weeks as well. Looks like they say that as a standard instructions, but in practice it arrives much sooner. Hope this is the case with you.

3 hours ago, YYZ&MIA said:

I’m wondering the same now. I got a print out from the city for mine. 

Timeline

HELP!!! 

My husband is in Montreal for his medical and interview. We booked him at the best western by the consulate and there are bed bugs!! He has bites all over and is sitting in the lobby. Does anyone have a recommendation on somewhere else to stay? Please help! 

kelley 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.