Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public part 3

2,934 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
13 hours ago, HAB said:

Question ? Can you do your medical exam after the interview ? and then wait for the results to be send to the embassy. 

Is It Ok to do that ? or they will not do the interview if you didnot do your medical ? Thx 

You are required to do your medical exam first. 

1 hour ago, AMooseInTheHoose said:

You are required to do your medical exam first. 

Are you sure ? Did you ask the embassy about it. ? Cuz some one can do the interview then do the medical and will not get the the visa until he is done with medical. Cuz is not part of admission to the interview. It does make more sense this way. What you think ? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Schedule and Complete a Medical Examination

You (and each family member or “derivative applicant” applying for a visa with you) are required to schedule a medical appointment with an authorized physician in the country where you will be interviewed. This exam must be with an embassy-approved doctor, also referred to as the Panel Physician. Exams conducted by other physicians will not be accepted. You must complete your medical examination, along with any required vaccinations, before your scheduled visa interview date. 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/step-10-prepare-for-the-interview.html

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Timeline
3 hours ago, HAB said:

Are you sure ? Did you ask the embassy about it. ? Cuz some one can do the interview then do the medical and will not get the the visa until he is done with medical. Cuz is not part of admission to the interview. It does make more sense this way. What you think ? 

From what I’ve read. You have to at least complete the medial before the interview. Results can arrive to embassy after the interview. Visa just won’t be issued 

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

July 17th 2014 - Case shipped to NVC

July 30th 2014 - Case received by NVC

August 13th 2014 - Case number and IIN received by email

August 13th 2014 - DS-261 Form Completed

August 14th 2014 - AOS Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 17th 2014 - IV Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 19th 2014 - DS260 Completed

October 6th 2014 - AOS and IV Packages Received

November 28th 2014 - AOS and IV Checklist (4 items in total. 3 for documents they lost. Called on December 9 and a rep said no checklist for IV....go figure)

December 8th 2014 - Checklist scan date.

December 30th 2014 - Case Compl........NOT. So after not having an interview date yet, I called again on Jan 30th and apparently its in final review with a supervisor.

February 6th 2015 - Case Complete: Supervisor called from NVC to confirm everything has been completed now.

March 27 2015 - Interview Date

March 27 2015 - Approved!

Timeline

I noticed that MTL has issued interviews on 9 dates in October! Normally, it is only 5 days.

I wonder if they dedicate the full day for IR1/CR1 or spread them out. Also curious whether this will continue in coming months or is just one off for October.

14 minutes ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

I noticed that MTL has issued interviews on 9 dates in October! Normally, it is only 5 days.

I wonder if they dedicate the full day for IR1/CR1 or spread them out. Also curious whether this will continue in coming months or is just one off for October.

I think it because they have more staff and less restrictions. I’m also thinking we are correct on the though there is less Dq sad there was in past months. Fingers crossed this speed keeps up! 

1 hour ago, rainbow-skies said:

PD: July 16th 2020

DQ: April 30th 2021

Expedite Approved: August 27th 2021

IL Received: September 20th, 2021

Interview Date: October 19th, 2021

I am beyond thrilled. I am actually visiting my wife in the US right now, flew in on the 18th of September (Pearson Airport customs are a mess by the way). Thank you everyone for your reassurance and for all your support. 

Best of luck to everyone!

Mel

What happened at the airport I crossed at the start of September and had no problems no wait or anything.

Timeline
Just now, Twiz&Toz said:

I think it because they have more staff and less restrictions. I’m also thinking we are correct on the though there is less Dq sad there was in past months. Fingers crossed this speed keeps up! 

What happened at the airport I crossed at the start of September and had no problems no wait or anything.

Well I along with many other passengers waiting at Gate F for TSA and US Customs assumed it would open at 430am. We were wrong and they didn't open TSA until 0600 am/630am, regardless of people who had flights at like 7am.  Luckily, my flight was at 9am. But the wait was long. I got to the airport at approx 5am, and didn't get to the actual plane boarding gates until like 8:20am.

I just worry now with POE because the latest nonstop flights I could find out of YYZ are at 0800 am and I just worry that activating my visa will cause me to be late for my flight. Then goes another day to wait for another flight haha

Mel

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Twiz&Toz said:

I hope so tooooo...!

Another maybe that they are focusing on CR1/IR1 2020 DQs with most K1 2020 NOA2 cases out of the way... I only saw one interview on K1 tracker for October so far. 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, rainbow-skies said:

Well I along with many other passengers waiting at Gate F for TSA and US Customs assumed it would open at 430am. We were wrong and they didn't open TSA until 0600 am/630am, regardless of people who had flights at like 7am.  Luckily, my flight was at 9am. But the wait was long. I got to the airport at approx 5am, and didn't get to the actual plane boarding gates until like 8:20am.

I just worry now with POE because the latest nonstop flights I could find out of YYZ are at 0800 am and I just worry that activating my visa will cause me to be late for my flight. Then goes another day to wait for another flight haha

Mel

Wow! That's tough. If you end up missing the flight, the airline will put you on the next flight to the destination, which may include layovers unfortunately, if there's no non stop ones.

I don't think they allow you to wait overnight once passing through security. They would send you home and ask you return the next day, when you would have the same problem lol.

But the fact that these flights exist, mean that people are making them, so maybe they rush you through... I would mention it to the airline when checkin in. Say that you are concerned about making it, because customs open only at 6:30. Maybe they will assist in rushing you through.

Edited by From_CAN_2_US

Timeline
47 minutes ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

Wow! That's tough. If you end up missing the flight, the airline will put you on the next flight to the destination, which may include layovers unfortunately, if there's no non stop ones.

I don't think they allow you to wait overnight once passing through security. They would send you home and ask you return the next day, when you would have the same problem lol.

But the fact that these flights exist, mean that people are making them, so maybe they rush you through... I would mention it to the airline when checkin in. Say that you are concerned about making it, because customs open only at 6:30. Maybe they will assist in rushing you through.

I hope that is the case. I hope by then they figure there TSA/customs opening times out too.

Timeline

Does anyone know if we are supposed to receive additional correspondence/email for the interview ?

I have received only an email from donotreply@usvisa-info.com stating the following: 

You have successfully registered your immigrant visa appointment on this website.

You must print this instruction page and bring it with you, along with the appointment letter/email, to the Consular interview.  

You must attend your consular interview at the date and time assigned to you in your appointment letter/email.

Before traveling to your consular appointment, please check the Department of State Visa Bulletin to confirm that your priority date is still current. If it is not, you will need to reschedule your appointment when the priority date becomes current to continue your case processing. This does not apply for K visas (Fiancé(e)/Spouse/Child), Boarding Foils and Returning Residents (SB1).

Then it has the interview date and time.  

The part that confuses me is the line I made in red text, as I have only received this one email.

Thanks in advance.

Mel

1 hour ago, rainbow-skies said:

Mel

Hmmm I wonder if you can go like the day before just to activate ur visa I’m prob wrong as I don’t ever go to the airport only started flying bc of covid normally we just drive 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.