Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public part 3

2,934 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello,

Maybe someone asked this before, but does anyone know if the land borders are requiring to be vaccinated when you and your spouse cross the border back to the U.S? I happen to be in Canada at the moment with my wife waiting for her interview hopefully for August so I wanted to ask. (DQed Oct 2)  Thank you. 

Timeline
8 hours ago, YYZ&MIA said:

Oh really
I am aware that they have a lot of discretion but I assumed the police clearance dates are set in stone and just simple math 😂 . So, I still feel like it would be a safe bet to update it lol in case the officer decides he would like to see an updated one. 

I am guessing the discretion to ask for police clearance is if there is any indication of criminal involvement since the issuance of last police clearance certificate...

You could have received your new police certificate dated from 2 weeks ago, but if your name showed up on the news on thé day before your interview, as a suspect in a murder investigation, they may ask for a new police certificate.... 

Timeline
3 hours ago, HAB said:

A question ? Does stamped passport good enough for return to US after international Travel, or should one wait till he gets the green card before?

Good question, and I am wondering the same thing.

I would Think the stamp on the passport is sufficient, but I request those with more knowledge to respond. 

Timeline
16 hours ago, ANL said:

K1's have officially passed up IR-1/CR-1. I was DQ'd Nov 17 and I have a friend who did K1 and got their NOA2 on Nov 25. They just got their interview scheduled in August.

I am trying to understand this. On the spreadsheet we see people with NOA2 from Nov and even one from December issued interviews in August, but there are Many with NOA2 in June, July, August, September and October who have not yet been scheduled. Does Montreal regard this as then being ahead of IR1/CR1?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yXsBaODEcERCnBkkVhTklmw1LrFVkY9dE6z2Q5D2kCc/htmlview#gid=1154446973

Timeline
3 hours ago, HAB said:

A question ? Does stamped passport good enough for return to US after international Travel, or should one wait till he gets the green card before?

41 minutes ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

Good question, and I am wondering the same thing.

I would Think the stamp on the passport is sufficient, but I request those with more knowledge to respond. 

Yes you can use it to travel. You do run the risk of the agent not knowing what the stamp means (since someone traveling with a stamp isn't as common as someone traveling with a green card) so be prepared to explain what the stamp means or ask for a supervisor if they give you trouble.

1 hour ago, krisBui said:

Hello,

Maybe someone asked this before, but does anyone know if the land borders are requiring to be vaccinated when you and your spouse cross the border back to the U.S? I happen to be in Canada at the moment with my wife waiting for her interview hopefully for August so I wanted to ask. (DQed Oct 2)  Thank you. 

No you don't need to be vaccinated. As far as I'm aware, you don't need a test either as long as you cross by land.

I am not a lawyer and nothing I say is or should be taken as legal advice. 

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

Spoiler

Married: August 18th 2018

I-130 Sent: September 18th 2018

PD: September 20th 2018 TSC

NOA1 Received: October 5th 2018
Case Inquiry: July 13th 2019 

Case Inquiry Response: July 24th 2019 - in line for processing.

Escalated Case Inquiry: August 6th 2019 - tier 2 found that internal status was "in background check" despite results coming back 4 months prior.

Escalated Case Inquiry Response: August 7th 2019 - case was "delayed" because they had to "perform additional review" 🙄 case now with an officer.

NOA2: August 22nd 2019 (336 days)

Sent to DOS: September 5th 2019

NVC Received: September 13th 2019

Case Number: October 9th 2019

DS-260 Completed: October 28th 2019

NVC Docs Uploaded: October 29th 2019

DQ: December 18th 2019

Became IR1: August 18th 2020

IL: October 13th 2020

Interview: November 2nd 2020

Visa Received: November 5th 2020

POE: November 8th 2020

GC Received: January 23rd 2021

CR1/IR1 Montreal FAQ:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k927pE5wqzTN5n0lPYZ1JQxgbmnzmNWX5hSteyii0BY/

Timeline
50 minutes ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

I am trying to understand this. On the spreadsheet we see people with NOA2 from Nov and even one from December issued interviews in August, but there are Many with NOA2 in June, July, August, September and October who have not yet been scheduled. Does Montreal regard this as then being ahead of IR1/CR1?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yXsBaODEcERCnBkkVhTklmw1LrFVkY9dE6z2Q5D2kCc/htmlview#gid=1154446973

Interesting. Maybe they never updated their timelines? Anyways, I was thinking about it, and I'm assuming they are ahead because there are less of them. Montreal probably doesn't cross reference between dates for each category, they just have a certain quota for each month from each category. And remember, there would also be IR1/CR1 from other countries as well, which might explain the discrepancies in the numbers we see as well. 🤷‍♀️

Timeline
17 minutes ago, ANL said:

Interesting. Maybe they never updated their timelines? Anyways, I was thinking about it, and I'm assuming they are ahead because there are less of them. Montreal probably doesn't cross reference between dates for each category, they just have a certain quota for each month from each category. And remember, there would also be IR1/CR1 from other countries as well, which might explain the discrepancies in the numbers we see as well. 🤷‍♀️

Actually from the videos Montreal posted it sounds like they are trying to keep the backlog proportionate for all categories in tier 1. If K1 is ahead now, that is good news for IR1/CR1 as that would mean they will focus on us in the immediate future to bring us up to speed to K1.

What do you mean by “there would be IR1/CR1 from other countries as well.” All thé cases with Montreal are for applicants currently residing in Canada or in some rare cases Canadians living abroad but opting to interview in Montreal.

Timeline
Just now, From_CAN_2_US said:

What do you mean by “there would be IR1/CR1 from other countries as well.” All thé cases with Montreal are for applicants currently residing in Canada or in some rare cases Canadians living abroad but opting to interview in Montreal.

Oh right, I keep forgetting about that. Sorry.

Timeline

Just received actual greencard in the mail today, 29 days after crossing the Detroit POE! The border agent said it'd be way delayed and warned us it wouldn't arrive till next year and we'd likely need to renew the IV/PR stamp in the passport...I was thinking all along nah..I've seen too many other folks here say recieved within 45 day, sure enough super quick, YAY we're done with the journey!!! Till citizenship! 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, E&E 2016 said:

Just received actual greencard in the mail today, 29 days after crossing the Detroit POE! The border agent said it'd be way delayed and warned us it wouldn't arrive till next year and we'd likely need to renew the IV/PR stamp in the passport...I was thinking all along nah..I've seen too many other folks here say recieved within 45 day, sure enough super quick, YAY we're done with the journey!!! Till citizenship! 

1 minute ago, Skaur0609 said:

Update: entry to US on 3/12/2021. Just received green card. Finally done with this process.

Congrats to both of you! Such a long tedious process but so worth it.

Timeline

Now that our 2 year anniversary has passed, I'm finally moving down just in time before my visa medical date expires. 

For people who've gone by land via Peace or Rainbow Bridge - do they make everyone in the vehicle go inside to secondary? If so, what about any pets in the car? 

We have an 8 hour drive and I have two cats who are terrified of travel. The idea of leaving them alone in a car on a hot July day worries me, and especially if it's tacking another hour on top of an already long drive. 

Does anyone have experience with similar situations of pets in the vehicle while crossing at POE?

2 hours ago, Ptitchou said:

Now that our 2 year anniversary has passed, I'm finally moving down just in time before my visa medical date expires. 

For people who've gone by land via Peace or Rainbow Bridge - do they make everyone in the vehicle go inside to secondary? If so, what about any pets in the car? 

We have an 8 hour drive and I have two cats who are terrified of travel. The idea of leaving them alone in a car on a hot July day worries me, and especially if it's tacking another hour on top of an already long drive. 

Does anyone have experience with similar situations of pets in the vehicle while crossing at POE?

You will be pulled that’s a given. Also if not mistaken the cats will prob be check as well. They do take safety of pets into consideration. I can’t see them letting u leave pets in a hot car. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Twiz&Toz said:

You will be pulled that’s a given. Also if not mistaken the cats will prob be check as well. They do take safety of pets into consideration. I can’t see them letting u leave pets in a hot car. 

Do they require all people in the vehicle to go inside?

It’s hard to say with covid they may just have you wait in the car. I never been to secondary but I do remember one time at the peace bridge the USA side was far more interested in our dog then us. Even forgot to give us our passports back we had to ask for them. He told us we can’t go threw unless he can pet our dog. Remember they are animal ppl too they understand. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.