Sarge2155

July 2021 - AOS Filers

598 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
27 minutes ago, KevinIreland said:

Ok, that’s great - thanks for letting me know. 

I’m submitting i864 as well but I don’t think that requires any.

fingers crossed everything is in order. It’s slightly nerve racking. 

That's correct, i-864 does not.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, RishDan said:

You’re lucky ! 
I’m still waiting here 😰

Don't worry my friend, soon u will get yrs....u better call uscis customer care number and get yrs from them.....atleast u can tell them about that delay

3 hours ago, KevinIreland said:

Hi All,

im just getting ready to submit my AOS pack. Am I right in saying we need to submit 6 passport style photos with our name and A number on the back? Or do we need 8?

August 2021 thread just opened if you'd care to post there once you send off your package:

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

3 hours ago, KevinIreland said:

Hi All,

im just getting ready to submit my AOS pack. Am I right in saying we need to submit 6 passport style photos with our name and A number on the back? Or do we need 8?

6 passport style photos is all you need!

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

15 hours ago, KevinIreland said:

Hi All,

We sent in 6 for concurrent filing and got our e-notifications late last night and our credit card was charged over the weekend. We didn't put names or A numbers on any photos.

We sent via UPS end of the month. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Just done with my biometric. Try to check my case status online after 10 minutes ish and it has changed into "Case is being actively reviewed by USCIS".

PD July 6, 2021

2 hours ago, Sunshine210 said:

I sent the packet on July 16th and got delivered on 19th. I haven't received anything yet. Checks are not cashed. I didn't file the G1145 form to text messages. I don't know if that's reason my case got delayed. It looks like everyone here got their receipts back in two weeks. 

Two weeks is quick for the times. Some folks are lucky others have to wait several weeks!

Citizenship Complete!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I’m so glad july filers are already having their biometrics done and also getting biometrics appointments, hopefully I’ll get my biometrics date appointment soon

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
57 minutes ago, Sunshine210 said:

Thanks! Anyone here still waiting for NOA1? I stapled the files together. I don't if that's one of reasons why my case got delayed. 

It can take a while sometimes for unknown reasons. There are people I've spoken who had to wait over a month. When they rejected part of our application, they stapled papers together, so they'd be pretty hypocritical if they delayed you for the same reason. 😂

4 hours ago, uapilot said:

It can take a while sometimes for unknown reasons. There are people I've spoken who had to wait over a month. When they rejected part of our application, they stapled papers together, so they'd be pretty hypocritical if they delayed you for the same reason. 😂

I don't think they would reject for using  staples, but them stapling  and the petitioner stapling is two different things. They have a certain order in which they staple forms and documents together!

Citizenship Complete!

On 8/1/2021 at 12:12 PM, midsummer said:

I received an email letting me know a letter was on its way for the biometrics appointment. They uploaded a digital version of the letter that's in the mail so I was able to read it online before it arrives here. 

Great

On 8/4/2021 at 11:07 AM, uapilot said:

Thank you! How long did it take for you to receive your returned packet? I start to wonder if I did something wrong. Still no response. 

On 8/4/2021 at 4:01 PM, Sarge2155 said:

I don't think they would reject for using  staples, but them stapling  and the petitioner stapling is two different things. They have a certain order in which they staple forms and documents together!

Thank you! I saw someone who filed in August have already gotten their text message notification. My checks are still not cashed. I have contacted EMMA and my case is not in the system yet. Start to worry... 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.