Sarge2155

July 2021 - AOS Filers

598 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
On 7/8/2021 at 7:33 PM, RishDan said:

Hello ! 
can anyone confirm this section2.  on I-485 form please ? 
I’m on a K-1 visa and I think my selection should be (No) for section 2. Right ? 

58BCEE6F-812B-4B2A-9ADA-816885E59CCA.jpeg

filed 129 with vermont 4/19/06

first notice 5/3/06?

IMRA RFE 6/19/06

snail mail RFE 6/22/06

returned 6/22/06

email they recieved 6/26/06

second RFE email 7/11/06

recieved 7/22

returned 7/24

touched 7/25

APProved 10/02/06

NVC sent to Moscow 10/17/06

package from Embassy 11/17/06

interview 01/11/07

approved visa 01/11/07

arrived 02/7/07

married 04/13/07

filed AOS 05/13/07

biometrics 06/06/07

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

DATE OF PACKAGE SEND BY USPS - 07/19/2021

DATE OF PACKAGE RECEIVED  - 07/212021

TEXT MESSAGES RECEIVED (THREE MGS) - 07/27/2021

NOTICE OF ACTIONS RECEIVED (THREE NOA 1) - 07/31/2021

40 minutes ago, Myjaan said:

Very good things are moving let's hope quickly for you July filers!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

55 minutes ago, Myjaan said:

Did you get the set of instructions and access code , as a part of your NOA’s ? 

Timeline
24 minutes ago, RishDan said:

Did you get the set of instructions and access code , as a part of your NOA’s ? 

No ,I got my noa1 but not have gotten the access code and instructions 

40 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

Very good things are moving let's hope quickly for you July filers!

Thank you for your support 

Just now, Myjaan said:

No ,I got my noa1 but not have gotten the access code and instructions 

Ok. Same like me then. I heard some people got a fourth mail with set of instructions on how to set up online account and access code to track the cases. 
maybe we both will get a fourth mail hopefully soon 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

Timeline
Just now, RishDan said:

Ok. Same like me then. I heard some people got a fourth mail with set of instructions on how to set up online account and access code to track the cases. 

My case no.starts from IOE...so I guess I will get one as well soon

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
On 7/30/2021 at 5:18 PM, uapilot said:

Welp, I knew something was up. So USCIS tore my stepdaughter's (K-2) portion out of the packet I sent them with a rejection notice, stating that I needed to provide evidence that "an immigration visa petition has been filed/approved on your behalf"... But I did submit that. I sent them the original I-129F that my step-daughter was listed on and got her K-2 through. Do they mean I was supposed to send in two copies, one for each applicant?

I really hope I don't need to pay for another medical exam for her, because they totally tore that sealed envelope open. Since there's numbers printed on the bottom of those pages, I'm guessing they scanned them in already.

Sent in the K-2 AOS resubmission today, expected to be in the Chicago lockbox by tomorrow. Best I could make out from internet research, it's because I forgot to write the priority date on the I-485 for her I-129F we did last year (didn't know what it was at the time I was applying; thought it has something to do with expedited applications). I also attached a copy of the approved I-129F to the packet that's in addition to the associated I-797 I sent in last time. I think they could've figured out the priority date without me writing it on there, but I think maybe the Lockbox contractors don't have the authority to correct applications. And a complicating factor was that my K-2 stepdaughter's name was spelled differently on the I-129F because she didn't have her passport at the time of application and so we weren't sure what the latin alphabet version of her names were.

Fun fact: I called in to the contact center to verify this, but despite the fact that I'm now resubmitting the K-2 AOS separately from my wife's K-1 AOS, the price is still $750 i.e. filing concurrently with at least one parent. I'm also crossing my fingers that this means that my step-daughter will inherit my wife's original 7/14 priority date. I also asked about the torn open I-693 Medical; the guy said that while he didn't have a concrete answer for that, generally, the instructions on the I-797C are very specific to what has to be done, i.e. if it doesn't mention the medical then I don't have to do anything further there.

25 minutes ago, RishDan said:

This is also us. Got NOA1 on 7/26, still waiting on access codes.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 minute ago, KevinIreland said:

Hi All,

im just getting ready to submit my AOS pack. Am I right in saying we need to submit 6 passport style photos with our name and A number on the back? Or do we need 8?

Two for each of I-485, I-131, I-765, or 6 total. Are you submitting anything else that requires photos?

Word is that even just 2 photos will suffice for all three applications, but 6 avoids risk of rejection.

Timeline
3 hours ago, RishDan said:

Hey ,just got my mail for access code for online account

51 minutes ago, uapilot said:

Two for each of I-485, I-131, I-765, or 6 total. Are you submitting anything else that requires photos?

Word is that even just 2 photos will suffice for all three applications, but 6 avoids risk of rejection.

Ok, that’s great - thanks for letting me know. 

I’m submitting i864 as well but I don’t think that requires any.

fingers crossed everything is in order. It’s slightly nerve racking. 

35 minutes ago, Myjaan said:

Hey ,just got my mail for access code for online account

You’re lucky ! 
I’m still waiting here 😰

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.