24 posts in this topic

Hello,

We got an update on our case and it says interview has been scheduled.  We are freaking out not sure on why we have to do the interview 

We had attached our chils birth certificate, marriage certificate, 2018 2019 2020 tax returns , bank statements with our names on it , leasing agreement with both our names in it, and insurance papers for both of us beneficiary of each other, tickets and family pics

Am not sure if its lack of evidences.

Do you guys have any suggestions on how we should prepare for the interview?

Filed: H-2B Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
48 minutes ago, SGM1928 said:

Hello,

We got an update on our case and it says interview has been scheduled.  We are freaking out not sure on why we have to do the interview 

We had attached our chils birth certificate, marriage certificate, 2018 2019 2020 tax returns , bank statements with our names on it , leasing agreement with both our names in it, and insurance papers for both of us beneficiary of each other, tickets and family pics

Your attached evidence seems to be comprehensive to me especially with your kid birth certificate, may I ask what is your service center and did your case transfer to NBC?

I would say go over with your spouse how you guys met and the date of the marriage and where you got married etc...just prepare the same as when you did for your i485 interview. 

9 minutes ago, Junior818 said:

Your attached evidence seems to be comprehensive to me especially with your kid birth certificate, may I ask what is your service center and did your case transfer to NBC?

I would say go over with your spouse how you guys met and the date of the marriage and where you got married etc...just prepare the same as when you did for your i485 interview. 

Thank you for your reply 

Our service center was NBC from thr beginning of the ROC process 

Filed: H-2B Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 minute ago, SGM1928 said:

Thank you for your reply 

Our service center was NBC from thr beginning of the ROC process 

You're welcome, maybe that's why you getting an interview since it was there from the beginning, because I saw a lot of cases transferred to NBC lately and they got approved without an interview. 

19 minutes ago, Junior818 said:

You're welcome, maybe that's why you getting an interview since it was there from the beginning, because I saw a lot of cases transferred to NBC lately and they got approved without an interview. 

Maybe...we thought we had enough proof but doesn't seem like it...will just gather all the evidences and attend interview. 

Thanks again 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
1 hour ago, SGM1928 said:

Hello,

Interview is a MUST for everyone, unless USCIS decides to waive for certain individuals.

It does not mean that if you show child birth certificate and prepare you package very well, then you skip interview. Nope.

Child certification just shows you guys had sex. Nothing much.

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Timeline

Perhaps they just want to clarify something that's unclear in the application and it's easier to do so via interview (vs RFEs back and forth)? If there was a major lack of evidence you probably would've gotten an RFE as many, many others have. There's also a chance that a tiny percent of applicants are interviewed at random just to keep people honest (similar to IRS audits). Or they could've just made a mistake and clicked "Schedule Interview" instead of "Approve".... I wouldn't worry about it.

Timeline

BTW how did you enter the US?  I remember hearing that ROC interviews are waived only for cases that have already been interviewed by USCIS at least once. So if you entered on a CR1 or K1 and had your conditional GC interview waived, you would need to do an ROC interview. Does anyone else remember reading this?

Edit: See this USCIS page

One of the conditions needed for the interview waiver is that "USCIS has previously interviewed the principal petitioner" (second bullet). If you haven't had an interview with USCIS yet, this may be why you got the interview scheduled.

Edited by RamonGomez

54 minutes ago, RamonGomez said:

BTW how did you enter the US?  I remember hearing that ROC interviews are waived only for cases that have already been interviewed by USCIS at least once. So if you entered on a CR1 or K1 and had your conditional GC interview waived, you would need to do an ROC interview. Does anyone else remember reading this?

Edit: See this USCIS page

One of the conditions needed for the interview waiver is that "USCIS has previously interviewed the principal petitioner" (second bullet). If you haven't had an interview with USCIS yet, this may be why you got the interview scheduled.

I entered US on CR1 visa ...i came across a article that said something similar

2 hours ago, Timona said:

Interview is a MUST for everyone, unless USCIS decides to waive for certain individuals.

It does not mean that if you show child birth certificate and prepare you package very well, then you skip interview. Nope.

Child certification just shows you guys had sex. Nothing much.

I have seen a lot of cases getting approved without any interviews for GC removal of conditions.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
28 minutes ago, SGM1928 said:

I have seen a lot of cases getting approved without any interviews for GC removal of conditions.

Yes and they most likely came on different visas then you and had an interview to get the conditional greencard in the US.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
47 minutes ago, SGM1928 said:

I entered US on CR1 visa ...i came across a article that said something similar

Everyone who arrived on a CR-1 will get interviewed for ROC (a few got away with an interview waiver last year due to the pandemic). They changed things a bit in 2018, now everyone who wasn't interviewed by USCIS for their conditional greencard will instead be interviewed for ROC. 

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
2 hours ago, SGM1928 said:

IF USCIS feels like. It's random. It doesn't matter if you used a top $$$ lawyer, best quality paper, paid extra etc.. USCIS is the one that chooses if they'll waive or not. You may have used a lawyer, front loaded with a lot of evidence yet still get interview while someone who sent the bare evidence gets waived.

I personally know someone who hasn't visited the USCIS offices since they arrived on K-1. They didn't have an interview for K-1 AOS nor ROC. They just filed N400. Let's wait n see if they'll finally visit the USCIS office or get another waiver, essentially finishing the process without ever stepping into USCIS office. So it's per USCIS discretion. You (clients) doesn't choose 

Edited by Timona

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

24 minutes ago, Timona said:

They just filed N400. Let's wait n see if they'll finally visit the USCIS office or get another waiver,

They'll for sure have to go to the Field Office for "Testing and Interview." The following individual got an "Interview is Waived" notification by error and eventually still had to go to the interview: https://www.reddit.com/r/USCIS/comments/gxd6am/n400_interview_waived/

"UPDATE: I spoke to a tier 2 who says the status on my N-400 is “interview requested”."

"I had my interview today. The officer did a one-on-one oath. I received my naturalization certificate shortly after doing the oath."

Edited by HRQX

7 hours ago, Scandi said:

Everyone who arrived on a CR-1 will get interviewed for ROC (a few got away with an interview waiver last year due to the pandemic). They changed things a bit in 2018, now everyone who wasn't interviewed by USCIS for their conditional greencard will instead be interviewed for ROC. 

Thank you!!That gives me a peace of mind....i dont see people in month based filers telling they got an interview it just threw us off when we got scheduled for interview..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.