24 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Letspaintcookies said:

Yes and they most likely came on different visas then you and had an interview to get the conditional greencard in the US.

Yeah make sense i never interviewed with USCIS as such i was interviewed in an embassy for CR1.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
12 hours ago, HRQX said:

They'll for sure have to go to the Field Office for "Testing and Interview." The following individual got an "Interview is Waived" notification by error and eventually still had to go to the interview: https://www.reddit.com/r/USCIS/comments/gxd6am/n400_interview_waived/

"UPDATE: I spoke to a tier 2 who says the status on my N-400 is “interview requested”."

"I had my interview today. The officer did a one-on-one oath. I received my naturalization certificate shortly after doing the oath."

Hahaha yes. I understand the testing part. I'm just not sure if they'll be called in as "a couple" for interview.

I know for N400, especially during these COVID times, they just wanna deal with the beneficiary unless they suspect something. 

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Timeline

I don't understand why people are confused here. You (client) doesn't tell USCIS whether of not you want an interview. Every application assumes an interview, unless USCIS chooses otherwise.

If you feel I'm not telling the truth, why not send your application and write "I choose not to attend an interview. Send me my GC after you look at my papers."

If it were up to us to choose, who's the fool who'll want to interview? ( light moment here)

Edited by Timona

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Timeline
43 minutes ago, Timona said:

I don't understand why people are confused here. You (client) doesn't tell USCIS whether of not you want an interview. Every application assumes an interview, unless USCIS chooses otherwise.

If you feel I'm not telling the truth, why not send your application and write "I choose not to attend an interview. Send me my GC after you look at my papers."

If it were up to us to choose, who's the fool who'll want to interview? ( light moment here)

What are you talking about? I think you may be confusing yourself.

OP is confused because historically, cases like this one have had ROC interviews waived (not always, but very often). So of course it's a bit demoralizing/worrying to get an interview notice. No one here is demanding an interview waiver or choosing whether they get one or not. Turns out they have to interview since they've never had a USCIS interview before, so it's probably not going to be a big deal.

Believe it or not, the strength of a case does affect the interview probability, or at the very least, the chance of getting an RFE. If there are two ROC applicants:

1. Couple 1 has children together, own a home together, finances are fully comingled

2. Couple 2 sends in a joint apartment lease, and cell phone bill, and "affidavits" from friends

Do you really think they are equally likely to get an interview waiver? 

Edited by RamonGomez

Timeline
14 minutes ago, RamonGomez said:

OP is confused because historically, cases like this one have had ROC interviews waived (not always, but very often). So of course it's a bit demoralizing/worrying to get an interview notice. No one here is demanding an interview waiver or choosing whether they get one or not. Turns out they have to interview since they've never had a USCIS interview before, so it's probably not going to be a big deal.

Believe it or not, the strength of a case does affect the interview probability, or at the very least, the chance of getting an RFE. If there are two ROC applicants:

1. Couple 1 has children together, own a home together, finances are fully comingled

2. Couple 2 sends in a joint apartment lease, and cell phone bill, and "affidavits" from friends

I think you're the one who's confused and don't understand the process. There are some VJers here who are well experienced with immigration matters yet still went for ROC or have not (being waiting way long). Don't you think these members know how to well handle their case with "strong" evidences? If that's the case, why did they still get called for interview/ waiting??

And I know a person who only filed the I- 751 notice and sent it. They got approved without interview (Yes, they just sent the I-751 minus ANY evidence). At the same breathe, I know those who've gone for ROC yet they frontloaded.  

Affidavits aren't anything. Anyone can write them.

16 hours ago, RamonGomez said:

I agree with most of what you said, except the example about the 2 couples, not everyone have childrens, some wait until they are financially stable, some don’t want childrens at all or are too old to get, some are same sex couples. About owning a home same situation, some people wait until they are financially stable. A home can be sold.

Edited by Ecaen87

• 1 month later...

Helloo!!

Just an update on our case... we had the interview yesterday pretty much an easy one just asked us a couple of questions like what's our story,where have we been to..

And the status changed in the evening to card is been produced 

• 2 years later...

Oh man the more I read things here the more concerned I get lol 

I already had my conditional green card interview all went well and easy...

Few years later filed for ROC 

Case got transfered to NBC after a long time because they were backlogged... 

Then it changed to fingerprints were taken 

Then to 2 weeks later "ready to schedule an interview" 

And now I am not sure how to feel 

On 2/7/2021 at 1:25 PM, Timona said:

I think you're the one who's confused and don't understand the process. There are some VJers here who are well experienced with immigration matters yet still went for ROC or have not (being waiting way long). Don't you think these members know how to well handle their case with "strong" evidences? If that's the case, why did they still get called for interview/ waiting??

And I know a person who only filed the I- 751 notice and sent it. They got approved without interview (Yes, they just sent the I-751 minus ANY evidence). At the same breathe, I know those who've gone for ROC yet they frontloaded.  

Affidavits aren't anything. Anyone can write them.

Great post. Correct; affidavits are the lowest form of evidence you can provide, not far behind that are photos. Both easily faked and not really considered by the officers. 

Keep in mind, typically an officer has maybe 10-20 mins to look over your 751 case and evidence provided to make a decision. You want it to be very strong. I believe in bombarding them with as much as possible from the start of your marriage to the date of filing, you want to give them little to no doubt you should be approved. 

As you point out, some odd cases seem to skip through with minimal evidence, but I’d dare say it’s due to having had a very strong initial 485 application and interview where applicable.

Getting an interview for 751 after being interviewed already for your 485 is not a good thing for anyone wondering. Doesn’t mean you won’t get approved by any means, but your case has some fraud indicators (either very minor or major) that require further investigation by an officer to look at. I strongly encourage people to read the USCIS manuals online where it specifically lists this information, can be found with a bit of googling and an interesting read. Essentially to break it down every case is either

a) approvable with no interview 

b) approvable but needs more evidence (RFE)

c) fraud indicators present requiring interview 

d) fraud indicators requiring transfer to fraud investigation unit 

e) un-approvable due to numerous factors 

Hope this helps anyone wondering and everyone gets good news on their applications soon!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.