R1CH1991

London CR1 / IR1 Appointment Updates

2,639 posts in this topic

45 minutes ago, CMcWade said:

People seemed to be getting interviews really quickly just two weeks ago then suddenly nothing. A few people have mentioned about medicals being behind so they may have paused but when I booked my medical after being DQ’d there didn’t seem any issues. Just a mess at this point after so long 

When is your medical booked for? I booked mine for the 25th. I am holding out hope that this week is the week one of us hears.

18 minutes ago, Chi.sam said:

Don't loose hope, you will get an email soon possibly this week or next week. Unlike other countries UK seem to have cleared their backlog so fast

Thank you! This puts a little faith back in me, I just hope someone on here gets something this week so the rest of us can start looking forward to our interview dates. :)

30 minutes ago, oat12 said:

When is your medical booked for? I booked mine for the 25th. I am holding out hope that this week is the week one of us hears.

Thank you! This puts a little faith back in me, I just hope someone on here gets something this week so the rest of us can start looking forward to our interview dates. :)

I had my medical today. I really hope so too. My only worry is with it being a holiday Friday and next Monday so the embassy is closed. Not sure how that will effect it. 

Edited by CMcWade

1 hour ago, oat12 said:

😇

2 hours ago, CMcWade said:

People seemed to be getting interviews really quickly just two weeks ago then suddenly nothing. A few people have mentioned about medicals being behind so they may have paused but when I booked my medical after being DQ’d there didn’t seem any issues. Just a mess at this point after so long 

I think what they refer to as medicals being behind is most people are expected to not book their medical until you get your interview letter, but by the time people were getting their interview letter there were no available appointments until after their interview date causing many people to have to get what I believe is a 221G? Which adds more wait time as they have to review it before they update peoples statuses from refused to approved. Currently there's someone whose been waiting 7 weeks because of the 221G. I believe this is a result of January where they had to move people around and cancel interview appointments. I'm hopeful to hear something this week or next week, but I'm not gonna hold my breath I'm just glad to have my medical scheduled first so I can avoid 221G.

6 minutes ago, Bat man said:

I think what they refer to as medicals being behind is most people are expected to not book their medical until you get your interview letter, but by the time people were getting their interview letter there were no available appointments until after their interview date causing many people to have to get what I believe is a 221G? Which adds more wait time as they have to review it before they update peoples statuses from refused to approved. Currently there's someone whose been waiting 7 weeks because of the 221G. I believe this is a result of January where they had to move people around and cancel interview appointments. I'm hopeful to hear something this week or next week, but I'm not gonna hold my breath I'm just glad to have my medical scheduled first so I can avoid 221G.

Yeah I know what you mean, it doesn’t seem too impossible to coordinate between who has appointments booked and is ready for the interview to avoid this, rather than Just blanket stop on them. I understand the situation I’d say one disappointment is like everyone after nearly a year of no movement it’s chaos because so much has to happen in the last few weeks, just seems abit daft but anyway. Hope for news this week for all the end of March people!  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Things have gotten wonky lately. For a dozen years, the NVC sent notices with interviews scheduled 4-5 weeks later. And Visa Medicals (formerly Knightsbridge Doctors) could always get you in the week following your call and in some instances later in the same week you called. A gap of two weeks until interview was unheard of and a 2-3 week wait for a medical opening was too. 

20 hours ago, CMcWade said:

I had my interview today at 8:30am and there was about 8 other people there for that time too. And every person there didn’t seem to have a medical. The officer said it has become a bit of a nuisance and that the medical place is just overwhelmed right now. They didn’t seem bothered that nobody had their medical yet. 

I was also under the impression you needed the interview letter prior to booking the medical, so mine isn’t till the 25th… 

I was DQ the 19th March and got the interview letter the 23rd for the 12th April. 

not sure if it might be causing delays for immigrant visas but there was A LOT of people there for non immigrant reasons too, I mean the queue was wrapping round the building. 

good luck to you all, and I’m sure it will come through soon! It’s a long road but almost there ❤️  

23 hours ago, CMcWade said:

Yeah I know what you mean, it doesn’t seem too impossible to coordinate between who has appointments booked and is ready for the interview to avoid this, rather than Just blanket stop on them. I understand the situation I’d say one disappointment is like everyone after nearly a year of no movement it’s chaos because so much has to happen in the last few weeks, just seems abit daft but anyway. Hope for news this week for all the end of March people!  

We were DQ March 21st so my husband made his medical appointment, it’s tomorrow. Still waiting for the dang interview letter. It’s disappointing to see people DQ’d just 2-3 days before us that have already had their interview. What’s the dang hold up??

5 hours ago, mflip said:

I had my interview today at 8:30am and there was about 8 other people there for that time too. And every person there didn’t seem to have a medical. The officer said it has become a bit of a nuisance and that the medical place is just overwhelmed right now. They didn’t seem bothered that nobody had their medical yet. 

I was also under the impression you needed the interview letter prior to booking the medical, so mine isn’t till the 25th… 

I was DQ the 19th March and got the interview letter the 23rd for the 12th April. 

not sure if it might be causing delays for immigrant visas but there was A LOT of people there for non immigrant reasons too, I mean the queue was wrapping round the building. 

good luck to you all, and I’m sure it will come through soon! It’s a long road but almost there ❤️  

I read your interview experience, it was super detailed and helpful so thank you! 

Based on your comment and the above comments, I am assuming there is some strange backlog they are trying to clear. I have my medical the same day as you! :) 

I've gone back in this thread and collected some data from December 2021 to now. I only wrote down peoples NVC DQ dates and date when they got their Interview Letter as well as calculated how many days between those dates. I hope this was helpful 🙈

========================

DQ - IL (days)
========================
Dec 1 - Dec 13 (13)
Dec 8 - Dec 30 (23)
Dec 8 - Dec 30 (23)
Dec 8 - Dec 30 (23)
Jan 31 - Feb 7 (8)
Jan 18 - Feb 7 (21)
Jan 3? - Feb 7 (36)*
Feb 7 - Feb 16 (10)
Feb 17 - Feb 24? (8)
Feb 17 - Feb 28 (12)
Feb 14 - Feb 28 (15)
Feb 22 - Feb 28 (7)
Mar 18 - Mar 23 (5)
Mar 19 - Mar 23 (4)

*this person transferred from another consulate to London consulate

3 hours ago, oat12 said:

I read your interview experience, it was super detailed and helpful so thank you! 

Based on your comment and the above comments, I am assuming there is some strange backlog they are trying to clear. I have my medical the same day as you! :) 

Thanks! I tried to write it right after so I didn’t forget much! 

I will add though, there was a lot more people conducting non immigrant visa interviews than there was immigrant ones. There was only two people doing immigrant, I’m not sure if this is the norm or not. 

additionally, the checkin people at the front of the building commented on the fact I was immigrant, pointing out that there were MUCH MUCH more non immigrant applicants. Perhaps they’ve slowed it down a little to combat a backlog on the non immigrant end? Who knows, I can imagine how frustrating it is for everyone waiting! 

when I say the queue was around the building I mean it, and that was from both entrances… it was longer by the time I left! 

and awesome :D I’m due on the afternoon and fly back home the same day! 😥 

10 hours ago, Bat man said:

I've gone back in this thread and collected some data from December 2021 to now. I only wrote down peoples NVC DQ dates and date when they got their Interview Letter as well as calculated how many days between those dates. I hope this was helpful 🙈

========================

DQ - IL (days)
========================
Dec 1 - Dec 13 (13)
Dec 8 - Dec 30 (23)
Dec 8 - Dec 30 (23)
Dec 8 - Dec 30 (23)
Jan 31 - Feb 7 (8)
Jan 18 - Feb 7 (21)
Jan 3? - Feb 7 (36)*
Feb 7 - Feb 16 (10)
Feb 17 - Feb 24? (8)
Feb 17 - Feb 28 (12)
Feb 14 - Feb 28 (15)
Feb 22 - Feb 28 (7)
Mar 18 - Mar 23 (5)
Mar 19 - Mar 23 (4)

*this person transferred from another consulate to London consulate

That’s good work, I’ve been doing similar myself with graphs on when people where DQ’d and when interviews there set but based on mine i expected it last week haha. I guess other than the one that transferred some of the late March people DQ’d on the 20th are over the longest one on your list. I guess two ways to look at it like everything, one way is why are we taking longer than everyone else, the other being well it must be soon now haha. Seems like the 20th and after have just been unlucky. Anyway hopefully soon but I think I’ve given up for this week now. With Easter coming up I don’t have any faith for today or tomorrow unfortunately. Great job on the list! 

Hey everyone!

I just wanted to let you know that I have received my interview date. i was DQ'd March 22nd and literally JUST received an email from the NVC to inform me that my appointment has been scheduled.

My interview appointment is May 3rd.

Hoping you all get yours soon! :)

7 minutes ago, oat12 said:

Hey everyone!

I just wanted to let you know that I have received my interview date. i was DQ'd March 22nd and literally JUST received an email from the NVC to inform me that my appointment has been scheduled.

My interview appointment is May 3rd.

Hoping you all get yours soon! :)

We have just received ours too, 3rd May as well! Good luck everyone I’m sure the later March group is moving now! 

Great to her your interview dates have come through, looks like they have slowed down but still working to the 1-4 weeks from being DQ to sending out the interview dates. 

If you find my post helpful please hit the 🤍 heart icon and hit 'Like' or 'Thanks'.    

• 19 Jan 2021: Submit I-130 to Texas Lockbox
  • 06 Mar 2021: NOA1 from Nebraska Service Center
  • 24 May 2021: NOA2 Petition Approved
  • 08 Jul 2021: NVC - Submit IV + AOS Documents 
  • 03 Sep 2021: NVC - RFE for missing W2/1099 
  • 09 Sep 2021: NVC - Re-submit: 1099 Co-sponsor + explanation for petitioner missing W2
  • 08 Dec 2021: NVC - DQ (Documentarily Qualified)
  • 30 Dec 2021: NVC - Interview email (Interview on 13th Jan)
  • 13 Jan 2022: London Embassy - Interview; approved pending arrival of Medical results - case status 'Refused'
  • 14 Jan 2022: Case Status 'Administrative Processing'
  • 18 Jan 2022: Case Status 'Issued'
  • 20 Jan 2022: Passport with visa collected in person
  • 14 Feb 2022: Enter USA via Dulles, airport
  • 29 Apr 2022: Green Card received in Post

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.