NoJ

Any advice Been waiting for my wifes green card appoitment for a year now

42 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

called Uscis today on the phone to get a status they said they are barely processing April 2018 applicants in California for green card interviews. Any advice on how to get this expediated? They told me it can take up to 36 months to process these, Im shocked but not shocked. Any ideas?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
29 minutes ago, NoJ said:

called Uscis today on the phone to get a status they said they are barely processing April 2018 applicants in California for green card interviews. Any advice on how to get this expediated? They told me it can take up to 36 months to process these, Im shocked but not shocked. Any ideas?

Wait?

Some offices are faster than others. I waited 1 year in NYC.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

not a surprise really, depends on the field office and some of them can be really backlogged. we waited around 24 months for an interview at the San Francisco office last year and this was before covid. Also, no way to expedite the AOS interview, you can expedite the EAD though with a job offer.

Edited by Bajinga

My wife is at 1 year 1 month with my guess of 3 more months wait but who knows if the virus gets worse and they close down again. 

Just have to move on with life and not worry about it too much. Having a work Permit and AP lets you work and travel so not much difference then the Green Card. 

If you haven't already keep an eye on how long others at your local office have been waiting. https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/aoslist.php?vtype=1&op8=All&interview=&xfr=&op1=3&op2=&op3=&op4=1&op5=5%2C6%2C8%2C9%2C10%2C11&cfl=0

Edited by TreyH

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, NoJ said:

California doesn't have anything to do with i485s from k1.  They are handled by NBC.

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
14 minutes ago, payxibka said:

California doesn't have anything to do with i485s from k1.  They are handled by NBC.

California is probably where they live and where the interview is gonna take place.

Edited by Ayrton

Timeline

the advance parole says it expires 1/5/2021, Im really not very trusting that if they travel to Colombia they would be able to get back in since it says thats not guranteed

1 hour ago, NoJ said:

you cannot expedite AOS unless a very strong reason.  welcome to the new USCIS processing times where it takes decades to process applications.

duh

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just now, NoJ said:

the advance parole says it expires 1/5/2021, Im really not very trusting that if they travel to Colombia they would be able to get back in since it says thats not guranteed

For the most part, only USCs are guaranteed entry, so that is a risk for a lot of people, certainly more than just parolees.  People successfully travel on AP everyday and I don't recall anyone being denied entry for ad long as i have been on this site 

YMMV

4 minutes ago, NoJ said:

Im really not very trusting that if they travel to Colombia they would be able to get back in since it says thats not guranteed

Because only US citizens are ever guaranteed entry into the US.  But that should not stop you from using the AP for the purpose it was issued.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
1 hour ago, NoJ said:

That's clearly not true; we can easily produce examples of petitions from California, even the SF Bay Area from 2019 that have had AoS interviews and green cards issued.

Your timeline seems to be missing lots of stuff. You should update it.

Did your spouse have biometrics yet? Which field office?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
2 hours ago, NoJ said:

Lucky your not in Houston, you can see our timeline in my signature.

Formally Known as Paris Heart   A long, long time ago       france paris GIF

N-400  APPLIED FOR CITIZENSHIP:    Interview will be Houston Tx office.

Mailed:  11/13/2023

Delivered to USCIS Lock Box:  11/15/2023

Credit Card payment processed:  11-16-2023

Received Receipt #   via Text:  11-17-2023

I-797C Receipt received:  11-27-2023

Biometrics  will be reused per letter: 11-27-2023

FILED  AOS FROM AN EXPIRED VISITORS VISA:

Sent: 9/12/16: I-130 + I-485 + I-765 (USPS)

Delivered: Sept. 15th 2016 to Chicago Lock Box

Interview Feb  21st, 2018 for I-485

Interview  May 13th, 2019 for I-130 Stokes interview ( 2 minutes)

NOID issued May 17th 2019

June 5th,2019   USCIS received my response on the  NOID// Addressed the NOID myself, No lawyer ever used in case.

July 1st, 2019  10 YEAR GREEN CARD APPROVED

July 5th, 2019   Approval letters for I-130 & I-485 received in the USPS  mail.

July 11th 2019   Green Card in Hand

happy tom and jerry GIF

Timeline
6 hours ago, Mike E said:

That's clearly not true; we can easily produce examples of petitions from California, even the SF Bay Area from 2019 that have had AoS interviews and green cards issued.

Your timeline seems to be missing lots of stuff. You should update it.

Did your spouse have biometrics yet? Which field office?

yes biometrics already took place in the Oakland California office , they have work permits and advance parole approved on 1-6-2019 Everything I have states is true, we are still waiting for the interview to get the green card. I have no need to be making any of my information up, really trying to get good information not bad negative vibes....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
7 hours ago, NoJ said:

My wife used her AP/EAD card 3 times in a 4 month period returning via Air, Land, And Sea, and had no issues. She never had a secondary inspection or anything.

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.