MissOphelia

What Next?

48 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, MissOphelia said:

You can do it either way.

You absolutely can, but expect significant delays (even pre-covid).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
5 minutes ago, MissOphelia said:

The gentleman said it would only take about 2 weeks

If so that is great.  It is a remarkable improvement.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Please post back if you manage to get the marriage certificate in 2 weeks. I'm doing weddings almost weekly here in Vegas because everyone is still saying 4-5 weeks to get the certificate. I'm getting them in under an hour still. You may want to check with the county recorders office to verify that 2 weeks processing time. Unless "the guy" you talked to was from the county office. This was pretty much only LA county, if you got married in another county, then maybe a few weeks is feasible.

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

16 minutes ago, MissOphelia said:

The gentleman said it would only take about 2 weeks

Was that from the County Clerk? We are getting married next week in LA County and I was told it will take 4 weeks. I asked for an update recently on here from others who married over the past couple of months in the county and heard back nothing. I am assuming it will take at least 4-6 weeks, maybe more due to COVID19 (no offices open, everything being done remotely).

5 minutes ago, Loren Y said:

This is the information I heard as recently as 4 days ago. If you don't want to wait for 4 weeks, let me know. Short drive to Vegas and I'll get you a certificate in a hour. And, as always, I don't charge for members of VJ.

Thank you for the offer! We are getting married in my parents' backyard though, with family present. We're doing a complicated COVID testing/isolation/bubbling in one house thing next week so we can all (all seven of us!) be together without masks. The opportunity to hug my parents for the first time in over 7 months is one I can't pass up, even for a quick certificate turnaround. :lol: I think it might have been different if getting an EAD was an issue for him, he's got one already (his L1 got extended so we've got 2 years to get him sorted out). But thank you again!

😍 Absolutely gorgeous, and unlikely to be as problematic and irritable a bridesmaid as my sister. Please ship her to Burbank, CA for next Saturday the 24th.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

This thread has now gotten me extremely anxious that I have (removed) everything up entirely by doing things in the wrong order.

What should I do?

Edited by Unlockable
language

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
11 hours ago, MissOphelia said:

This thread has now gotten me extremely anxious that I have (removed) everything up entirely by doing things in the wrong order.

What should I do?

Stay the course.   Many paths, you just chose one less optimal.  All is still good 

Edited by Unlockable
quoted post with bad language

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Read the guides, nothing mega, at least you will know what to do going forward.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

1 hour ago, Boiler said:

My pup is available to be a bridesmaid. She is newly washed.

bGWf8qnOVE4ZZlOOOdCOaWW__Qm3lB2RnSszmjz1dgyUpLXVxPu5_Ru6zNvzLXYyz63dwboqV-zUnDOf1sRz8UU4q0UxhP3545gpZY7dDLt8hZ7jyAM6AtCXFW6rvHK3RT-EfIyADRNEzjgspYIoO20pwg4O9exvdcA4fYxP9xfcMdm05BCJk4H7yskWFM3kcuVcid8Jw5_JTJ2HKIa3V2aW5eJYbMUqMuHORW3XX156iB13ktHmz8z3QkYfRlBQuAnDn9zDw9zghoFuTqdKUMtGsaa2XC-q90G514QnT0RBehhZPJXDR6YzWwJjfTClXw6jI517l_WPgcvBbZbJhfvqFHjh-yFoyEJBj-3xau_qHUGwwTWFLyzEJa_1Pzs2WjKR4_FyVZ5jgHN245nN-j1jcfKvOZipNamfeicGRTi79ZXngnFS6aaUQAcv0XjV88iaJ_QO1uKHOoOek67MSATAGFKpWt_HfbAjs9sU2KUxsQtWhj3PpVt_FTfmz3yOblDf7TJNqSLS0xW4YVFbjlmzyn84oyQI80Mv39ZnRoz2OMz_ik5Bs2zM63sm_kA-W549ShPFldXw5o0oLfOPkxD4nyBCVIpdv-oWDWNvMeqz-I5SLcGzi77leKw0WOzd7v04zbWetNG33PmEOZ3Yy-30GSntkrGDQ_sgh7r4todBUA1ZJVTtLU7-zVz8=w729-h972-no?authuser=0

Boiler!!   Is she a Pyrenees? ❤️

46 minutes ago, MissOphelia said:

This thread has now gotten me extremely anxious that I have ###### everything up entirely by doing things in the wrong order.

What should I do?

Nah, you're completely fine.  The SSN issue only creates delays.  Even if you got married on day 89, and LA County took months to produce the marriage certificate, you'd be okay.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.