dwheels76

Case Complete (DQ) to Interview November 2020

366 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline
20 minutes ago, Stein said:

I always wondered about the thread naming.  Now I know!

Yeah, it's still a bit weird because by the time you have your interview, you're discussing it in a thread titled for the next month, but I think the point was for the new people coming to the threads who just received interview dates. 🤷‍♀️

4 minutes ago, JenIE said:

Here's hoping you get your interview soon as well! Last month London issued 138 IR-1/CR-1 Visas, so they are making more progress through the backlog than some embassies, which is the good news. This year has definitely seemed eternal though!

138 visas?! That's great news, hopefully 138 people now getting to be with their spouses.

I'm so hopeful to be in the next batch, probably overly optimistic and more likely to be the batch after, but I think they are definitely getting close and if COVID can just hold off scaring the consular officers out of the embassy I think we may just make it! 

It was nine months since my husband and I saw each other, I bit the bullet last month and went over to see him because he's heading overseas for a deployment, but it's like seeing each other has cemented how hard it is being apart. We're officially desperate! 

I'll have my everything crossed for the next month or so! 

Good luck with your upcoming interview, hope all goes smoothly and you can get to see your spouse soonest afterwards! :)

2 minutes ago, Xyrstine said:

So relieved and excited to book that final journey home to the husband. 💙

Yay! That's made me smile.

Huge congratulations - will be so exciting for you to book that flight and have that wonderful and hopefully last reunion! :) 

All the best!

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Xyrstine said:

Thank you for clearing that up. I wasn't aware.

And I just got approved today! It was a pretty smooth process and they just wanted originals to the docs I provided at the NVC stage. Hoping they continue to dish out more interviews for you all! Good luck to everyone waiting!

Oh that's great news, congratulations to you and I'm glad to hear the process was smooth! 🎉🎉

Timeline
13 minutes ago, PBabz said:

138 visas?! That's great news, hopefully 138 people now getting to be with their spouses.

I'm so hopeful to be in the next batch, probably overly optimistic and more likely to be the batch after, but I think they are definitely getting close and if COVID can just hold off scaring the consular officers out of the embassy I think we may just make it! 

It was nine months since my husband and I saw each other, I bit the bullet last month and went over to see him because he's heading overseas for a deployment, but it's like seeing each other has cemented how hard it is being apart. We're officially desperate! 

I'll have my everything crossed for the next month or so! 

Good luck with your upcoming interview, hope all goes smoothly and you can get to see your spouse soonest afterwards! :)

Yeah it's so hard to tell exactly what goes on in terms of where the embassies are in the backlog, but it does seem like things are picking up in many locations.

I'm glad to hear you were able to be reunited last month. I also was able to head overseas to see my spouse and it was so nice to see him after half a year of being apart!

Thank you so much for the luck, only 2 more weeks of waiting to see if we're finally done! 🤞🏻

1 minute ago, JenIE said:

Yeah it's so hard to tell exactly what goes on in terms of where the embassies are in the backlog, but it does seem like things are picking up in many locations.

Fingers crossed predictions are correct. 

I'm glad to hear you were able to be reunited last month. I also was able to head overseas to see my spouse and it was so nice to see him after half a year of being apart!

Ooooooooooof - as my husband would say. That hurts my heart for you. I try not to complain about our 9 months because I know so many people have had crazy amounts of time apart. Hopefully was the best renewal for your relationship and love for each other during that time 🥰

Thank you so much for the luck, only 2 more weeks of waiting to see if we're finally done! 🤞🏻

2 weeks and a few days and you'll be thinking about flights and moving dates - you've got this!!! :)🤞

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
11 hours ago, DGF said:

Montreal should start working with the NVC any day now and after 10 months we're hoping October will finally be our IL month! 

I hope so!!! Crazy that it’s been 10 months 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
15 hours ago, Rama19 said:

Hello, interview is next week, do we need to have Ds5540?

Thank you.

Fill it out just in case. Haven't seen anyone asked for it lately but better to have and not need right.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline
8 hours ago, Xyrstine said:

Shouldn't the heading be October and not November? 

Currently waiting at the London Embassy for my interview. 🤞

No we just finished October. They would be scheduling for November. It's always been like this. The last few days of previous month through usually 1st to 2nd week is for the next month, So it's October they would be scheduling for November. Sure some may get lucky and get a October date But it's been ike this for 9 years since I started this thread.week thru

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

ROC I-751

N-400

Timeline
3 hours ago, JenIE said:

Yeah, it's still a bit weird because by the time you have your interview, you're discussing it in a thread titled for the next month, but I think the point was for the new people coming to the threads who just received interview dates. 🤷‍♀️

The reason why we close the old is because we would have so many threads where people are there for the month they are scheduled and yet we are all talking the same language.

This way we all stay together. Look at all the DQ's since spring time each month we all stay together and move together.. Heck we had 5 months of nothing scheduled April thru July.

But watch you will see November start popping up once embassies start sending their calendars to NVC for scheduling for some embassies that are now open for regular processing.

ROC I-751

N-400

Timeline
3 hours ago, Xyrstine said:

Thank you for clearing that up. I wasn't aware.

And I just got approved today! It was a pretty smooth process and they just wanted originals to the docs I provided at the NVC stage. Hoping they continue to dish out more interviews for you all! Good luck to everyone waiting!

Congratulations. Now breathe :)

ROC I-751

N-400

Timeline
11 minutes ago, dwheels76 said:

The reason why we close the old is because we would have so many threads where people are there for the month they are scheduled and yet we are all talking the same language.

This way we all stay together. Look at all the DQ's since spring time each month we all stay together and move together.. Heck we had 5 months of nothing scheduled April thru July.

But watch you will see November start popping up once embassies start sending their calendars to NVC for scheduling for some embassies that are now open for regular processing.

That does make sense, and it actually has been pretty wonderful to have this familiar group of people travel through the threads from month to month all sharing and commiserating. And thank you to you for all the work you do keeping these threads going. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.