Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public

2,873 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
11 minutes ago, jackanddeona said:

I got mine directly from rcmp and my privacy act says "for non certified criminal information". It was accepted at nvc after they made the change but when I was being dq the nvc was approving applications where people couldn't get criminal record checks due to covid shut downs. So I am not sure if I even have the right one. The woman at the rcmp office seemed sure that it was the correct check. Might be different going through comissionaires though.

That was what my first police certificate said. It was accepted by the NVC at the same time as people were being denied at their interviews with the same one. I'd wait and see what happens on Monday. We all have the one that says "Other (Provide Details)". If none of us have issues with the police certificate then I'd suggest getting a new one that says "Other (Provide Details)" just in case. I believe someone recently was approved with the one you have but it can't hurt (other than your wallet) to have both!

I am not a lawyer and nothing I say is or should be taken as legal advice. 

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

Spoiler

Married: August 18th 2018

I-130 Sent: September 18th 2018

PD: September 20th 2018 TSC

NOA1 Received: October 5th 2018
Case Inquiry: July 13th 2019 

Case Inquiry Response: July 24th 2019 - in line for processing.

Escalated Case Inquiry: August 6th 2019 - tier 2 found that internal status was "in background check" despite results coming back 4 months prior.

Escalated Case Inquiry Response: August 7th 2019 - case was "delayed" because they had to "perform additional review" 🙄 case now with an officer.

NOA2: August 22nd 2019 (336 days)

Sent to DOS: September 5th 2019

NVC Received: September 13th 2019

Case Number: October 9th 2019

DS-260 Completed: October 28th 2019

NVC Docs Uploaded: October 29th 2019

DQ: December 18th 2019

Became IR1: August 18th 2020

IL: October 13th 2020

Interview: November 2nd 2020

Visa Received: November 5th 2020

POE: November 8th 2020

GC Received: January 23rd 2021

CR1/IR1 Montreal FAQ:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k927pE5wqzTN5n0lPYZ1JQxgbmnzmNWX5hSteyii0BY/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
45 minutes ago, Rose__ said:

I crossed on the 10th and I still haven’t received my SSN... I’m probably among the 50% or so of applications they lose on a regular basis 🙃

I'm chuckling...not because you haven't gotten your card, but the amount of truth in the comment about the lost applications! 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
9 minutes ago, mam521 said:

I'm chuckling...not because you haven't gotten your card, but the amount of truth in the comment about the lost applications! 

It’s really not a big deal in my situation as I was fortunate to keep my job after moving. Not that you need the physical SSN card to work, but employers are not always familiar with this situation and I hear some are a little reluctant to hire you without it.

Also it gives me an excuse to postpone bothering to go get my DL 🙃 I’ve got my health insurance sorted out and it was the only really urgent thing to take care of.

Edited by Rose__

Timeline

I guess it’s look like I won’t have an interview in November as I was hoping. I don’t understand why they haven’t scheduled anyone for November 18,23,25 and 30. Unless they scheduled people that we don’t know but I honestly doubt there is a lot of DQ people in between January 6 and 11. People from January 7, 8 and 10 haven’t heard anything yet either. I honestly doubt that next week they would schedule us for the rest of November as it would give us only 2-3 weeks to do medical and get the results on time for the interview. I still hope to be back home from christmas. But I guess my interview will only be in December, at least that’s what it looks like... 

Timeline
1 hour ago, DGF said:

That was what my first police certificate said. It was accepted by the NVC at the same time as people were being denied at their interviews with the same one. I'd wait and see what happens on Monday. We all have the one that says "Other (Provide Details)". If none of us have issues with the police certificate then I'd suggest getting a new one that says "Other (Provide Details)" just in case. I believe someone recently was approved with the one you have but it can't hurt (other than your wallet) to have both!

My husband has the "Other (provide details)" one as well and it was accepted by NVC. I thought that was the correct one! 

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Lovepeace0303 said:

My husband has the "Other (provide details)" one as well and it was accepted by NVC. I thought that was the correct one! 

It is.

1 minute ago, MWhite said:

American born citizen 

Same.

Timeline
44 minutes ago, annierob said:

Quick question. Most of you who have been waiting 2+ years for your IL, are you married to an American-born citizen or a PR?

American born citizen

Timeline
3 hours ago, annierob said:

Quick question. Most of you who have been waiting 2+ years for your IL, are you married to an American-born citizen or a PR?

American born citizen.    If our spouses were LPRs we would be applying for a F2A visa class, not a IR1/CR1. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.