Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public

2,873 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
8 minutes ago, SAsal said:

I can’t stop reading “welcome to the united states of America” on the paper haha. IM DONE YALL! My appointment was at 8:30 and I was out before 9:30. Super simple and smooth. First security, then they told me which floor and window to go to. Then I went to window 5 and she took original documents: passport, birth certificate (only mine), marriage certificate, police check, 2019 tax return and 1 of my passport sized photos to scan.  And she had my medical already, as it was sent from Dr Randall Lee’s office. Did some finger prints then sat down for maybe like 25 minutes? Then got called up to window 1 where he asked me questions about the marriage, how we met, how often we saw each other. he asked about my husbands work, and since he started a new job this year I provided information and pay stubs for proof of income because it wasn’t on his 2019 tax return. Asked about my longest visit and if I’ve ever had trouble at the border. There was a lot of standing and waiting at this point lol. Then he said some new documents need to update in the system but should be done And approved by end of day. Then he handed me the welcome papers and explained next steps. That’s all! 😊😊😊 

Congratulation!!! We can’t wait for that day to come!!

Timeline
14 minutes ago, SAsal said:

I can’t stop reading “welcome to the united states of America” on the paper haha. IM DONE YALL! My appointment was at 8:30 and I was out before 9:30. Super simple and smooth. First security, then they told me which floor and window to go to. Then I went to window 5 and she took original documents: passport, birth certificate (only mine), marriage certificate, police check, 2019 tax return and 1 of my passport sized photos to scan.  And she had my medical already, as it was sent from Dr Randall Lee’s office. Did some finger prints then sat down for maybe like 25 minutes? Then got called up to window 1 where he asked me questions about the marriage, how we met, how often we saw each other. he asked about my husbands work, and since he started a new job this year I provided information and pay stubs for proof of income because it wasn’t on his 2019 tax return. Asked about my longest visit and if I’ve ever had trouble at the border. There was a lot of standing and waiting at this point lol. Then he said some new documents need to update in the system but should be done And approved by end of day. Then he handed me the welcome papers and explained next steps. That’s all! 😊😊😊 

Congrats! 

Timeline
38 minutes ago, SAsal said:

Congratulations!!! You mentioned you provided pay stubs for proof of income. Did you provide original pay stubs or photocopies?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

56 minutes ago, Irregularblob said:

Just did my interview 8 this morning. I didn't have my original birth or marriage certificate. They said to redo my medical and mail in these documents and i will be approved. 2 long years 

Hope the delay is short while you update documents...

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

11 minutes ago, Hadarah said:

I'm praying my long form birth certificate arrives in time. Shipping says it's currently in Mississauga, that's where I live. So prayerfully it will be here today or tomorrow. If not I could be mailing mine in like you @Irregularblob.

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Timeline
19 minutes ago, Jacqueline H said:

Thank you everyone! 

My interview process was painless.  It went much like others have stated in the past.  Don't arrive early, they won't let you into the building until your appointment time, possibly a minute or 2 ahead that is all.  The man who looks after the door isn't super friendly. :)  They scan you and your contents before sending you to the first floor immigration room.  As you would expect they are particular about masks and social distancing in the consulate.  They first time they called me up they just asked for the stated required documents, nothing else.  Passport, passport photo, birth certificate, marriage certificate, divorce if applicable, medical ( I gave them my old one even though they received a second one electronically) police certificate, I-864.  Then I was asked to sit back down and wait for my name to be called for the interview.  My interview was at 10:30, an hour after my documents were taken.  My interviewer, was friendly, said ,"you must be really happy to finally be here, we are too, it's been a long time!" .  He only asked me 3 questions, 1, how did I meet my husband. 2. when did I meet my husband 3. What was the longest time you have stayed in the USA.  (3 months during COVID)  He said everything looks great, he then got up and got me a "Welcome to the USA" letter and said that the Visa would take about a week.   He seemed on high speed, didn't seem to care about any details! 

Thank you all so very much for your help and support along this journey!  God Bless you all in your upcoming interviews and new lives in the United States.

WONDERFUL!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! :) Thanks for sharing your story!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.