Simon11221

Instant marriage after divorce.

103 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
46 minutes ago, JFH said:

We are all well aware of that. You regularly respond when I mention this. It was the OP that mentioned the child in the first place because he mistakenly thinks that having a child “proves” that the marriage is bona fide. That’s the only thing he has brought to the table thus far when people have pointed out the possible red flags (married on first meeting, married five months after first communicating, different religions, different ethnic origin, her being a divorcee, him being involved with a married woman - in his culture these are more than frowned upon). He is completely missing the obvious and focusing on the wrong things. A bona fide marriage is a strong and happy marriage. He has a mountain ahead of him with the embassy in Pakistan. 

Our marriage is happy and strong. As a told that we muslim can marry with christian woman and we couldn’t do anything without marriage so we had to marry because that what we wanted to do. We wanted to be together officially as a couple. We are together still. We talk every single day more than 10 hours and we both know everything about eachother. If i was greedy of greencard i would have applied for K1 which was pretty quicker than i130 but I’m not we just want to be together for the rest of the life. Her other kids love me more than their actual dad.  I belong to middle class family. I never visited any country in my life and I don’t have any criminal record or anything. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, Simon11221 said:

we just want to be together for the rest of the life

Just checking back on this thread to see the additional comments.  It's pretty much run its course, your questions answered, and you have received some very good advice.  Whether you choose to follow it or not is your decision and your wife's, but be prepared for a long journey, be patient, try and visit each other as often as you can, and hopefully you can eventually be together somewhere.  Good luck!

My husband and I married two weeks after his divorce was finalised. We have an age gap and are from different cultures. Actually, the passport I applied for my visa with is from a Muslim country. They did not question any of that during interview. I’m not sure if it’s because it was the London embassy (though I did not use a birtish passport for my application). 

46 minutes ago, Appy said:

I’m not sure if it’s because it was the London embassy (though I did not use a birtish passport for my application). 

There are many differences when a 3rd country national interviews. London is quite progressive.   Muslim and some African and Asian countries are not.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

6 hours ago, Paul & Mary said:

There are many differences when a 3rd country national interviews. London is quite progressive.   Muslim and some African and Asian countries are not.

Right, but I have lived away from London and in the Muslim country for the entirety of our relationship. But I think you’re saying that it only matters where the interview takes place?

Edited by Appy

4 hours ago, Appy said:

Right, but I have lived away from London and in the Muslim country for the entirety of our relationship. But I think you’re saying that it only matters where the interview takes place?

Do you have a British passport (even though you didn’t use it)? You must have some connection to the UK that you interviewed there despite not living there?

Edited by SusieQQQ

1 hour ago, SusieQQQ said:

Do you have a British passport (even though you didn’t use it)? You must have some connection to the UK that you interviewed there despite not living there?

My husband transferred there to do a DCF

9 minutes ago, Appy said:

My husband transferred there to do a DCF

So the UK flag in your profile is because ...?  Anyway not to belabor the issue and pull teeth, the point was that someone already in possession of a developed country passport is far less likely to be scrutinized about bona fide intentions. You mentioned on another thread you could enter with ESTA, that in itself is usually an indication of such a country passport. So it’s not necessarily just the embassy that leads to less scrutiny.  

The tl;dr version is that your circumstances on the face of it seem to be quite different from OP.

Edited by SusieQQQ

11 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

So the UK flag in your profile is because ...?  Anyway not to belabor the issue and pull teeth, the point was that someone already in possession of a developed country passport is far less likely to be scrutinized about bona fide intentions. You mentioned on another thread you could enter with ESTA, that in itself is usually an indication of such a country passport. So it’s not necessarily just the embassy that leads to less scrutiny.  

The tl;dr version is that your circumstances on the face of it seem to be quite different from OP.

Because my interviewing embassy was the UK? The passport I applied with is also from a developing country. I’m not sure how much different it is since the only variant is the interviewing location. Otherwise we both got married very soon after the petitioner’s divorce was finalised, we both applied with a developing country Muslim passport, we both have age and culture difference. Of course if interviewing location is the defining factor then that is a huge difference. I can’t help but wonder if it’s OP’s language that is giving him the answers that he is receiving. 

I see where you got that ESTA comment. I didn’t sEe the need to correct the officer but I actually do not have an ESTA. I was entering from London so I think that’s where his assumption came from. 

Edited by Appy

7 minutes ago, Appy said:

I can’t help but wonder if it’s OP’s language that is giving him the answers that he is receiving. 

It’s always a red flag here when the person doesn’t want their spouse to join the thread. 

Btw, how much older than your husband are you? 

Edited by SusieQQQ

2 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

It’s always a red flag here when the person doesn’t want their spouse to join the thread. 

Btw, how much older than your husband are you? 

I’m not sure the relevance but he is older than me by 14 years. 

Edited by Appy

3 minutes ago, Appy said:

I’m not sure the relevance but he is older than me by 14 years. 

That does make a difference. Whether or not you agree with this, it is more culturally acceptable for the husband to be significantly older than the wife than the other way round. Immigration wise, we see far more issues reported in interviews etc with a younger husband than an older one. 

Just now, SusieQQQ said:

That does make a difference. Whether or not you agree with this, it is more culturally acceptable for the husband to be significantly older than the wife than the other way round. Immigration wise, we see far more issues reported in interviews etc with a younger husband than an older one. 

I did not know the wife was older in this case. I do agree, based on what I’ve read, that a younger husband to an older wife gets heavily scrutinised. Not that that makes it fair, but that’s just my opinion. 

I think we must have just gotten pretty lucky. I was worried about the proximity between divorce and marriage and also that we had only been married for 5 months when my interview came round. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Uruguay
Timeline

Does OP have the ground to stand to wait for whatever year to have AP cleared? I don't know how long it'll be but it just something to think about. Any additional detail like he could visit his wife from time to time along the way?

K-1 Visa process (I'm the USC [F]) [2018-2019]

Spoiler

Sent packet: August 10, 2018 (Lines Compressed to fit signature restriction guideline)

USCIS Received package: August 14 - Notification in text/email: August 17 - Mail received from USCIS: January 22, 2019
USCIS Approved I-129F Petition: January 17 - NVC Received Case: February 14 - NVC Case # Assigned: February 14

US Embassy Received: Not sure but got email reply - March 11 - Instructions Received via e-mail: March 19

Interview: May 7 - Approved! - Arriving to US/POE: June 12 - Married July 15, 2019

AOS Process [2019-2020]

Spoiler

Sent packet: July 27, 2019 - USCIS Received Package: July 29 - [Hiccup] Package was sent back due to incorrect fee and sent on August 5.
Notification in text/email: August 12 @ 12:30AM - Check cashed: August 12 - NOA 1 Mail: August 16 - Biometric: September 5 @ Atlanta, GA

AOS RFIE: Sept. 28 - got in mail by Oct 3. [They lost my Husband's Birth Certificate] - Sent back AOS RFIE: Oct 16 2019, at office by Oct 17.
AOS Case update notice on April 9th, 2020, waiting for mail. - Interview date: Scheduled as of July 15, date is August 19. Passed the interview!

My Husband got his GC! 2 Year Conditional Green Card expires 08/19/2022, Residence since 08/19/2020

ROC Process [2022-2024]

Spoiler

Sent packet: June 16, 2022 via USPS, USCIS Received Package: June 21
Notice in text (didn't get email nor text on other phone): June 24
Notice date: June 23, package is at SRC (Texas Service Center), Paid with Credit Card, payment taken on June 25
NOA 1 Mail: June 30, Biometric: Reused
Got letter in mail for extension: April 12th, Received date June 21, 2022, Notice date: April 5, 2023 = 48 Months Extension. No physical card yet.
Approved without interview as of Feb 15th, 2024. Was not a combo interview with N-400.

Naturalization N-400 [2023-...]

Spoiler

Filed Online: July 28, 2023NOA: July 29, 2023
Service Center: NBC, application # starts with IOE#.
Biometrics waived. Got NOA mail Jan 5, 2024 says Interview in Nashville, TN on Feb 6, 2024.
Queue for review and approval. Already in line for Oath Ceremony as of Feb 13th, 2024.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.