Simon11221

Instant marriage after divorce.

103 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline

The way you explained in the OP makes all is think that she got married with you, then divorce you, and then got married again with you 10 days after the divorce.

You never mentioned that the person she got divorced was her ex.

28 minutes ago, Paris Heart-Beth said:

As a consulate officer told a beneficiary who was interviewing for visa, the officer said a child only means the female had sex.   (Paris France)    A child don't prove a true relationship in the eyes of USCIS. 

Exactly! And she had two babies with the first husband but the marriage still broke apart. Children are never a guarantee of a good, strong marriage. My parents had 5 children together and the most acrimonious divorce I have ever seen. 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

9 minutes ago, JFH said:

Exactly! And she had two babies with the first husband but the marriage still broke apart. Children are never a guarantee of a good, strong marriage. My parents had 5 children together and the most acrimonious divorce I have ever seen. 

The burden of proof here is on a bona fide marriage, not a good, strong marriage. Whether your marriage is good, or strong, or happy is of no concern to USCIS or the consulate. 

43 minutes ago, Orangesapples said:

The burden of proof here is on a bona fide marriage, not a good, strong marriage. Whether your marriage is good, or strong, or happy is of no concern to USCIS or the consulate. 

But a baby isn’t enough proof for a bona fide marriage either.  There was a horrible post in the “family changes” thread some time back of a USC whose spouse abandoned her and their child at some point fairly soon after getting his green card. Not saying it will be the case here, but it does happen.

The biggest red flag for me so far tbh is the fact that OP apparently does not want his wife to see this thread.

Edited by SusieQQQ

14 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

But a baby isn’t enough proof for a bona fide marriage either.  There was a horrible post in the “family changes” thread some time back of a USC whose spouse abandoned her and their child at some point fairly soon after getting his green card. Not saying it will be the case here, but it does happen.

The biggest red flag for me so far tbh is the fact that OP apparently does not want his wife to see this thread.

I'm not saying it is, I'm just saying that whether a marriage is strong or happy is not part of the consideration. So the argument of whether children strengthen a marriage is irrelevant. And scammers can use joint bank accounts and joint finances, too, and then leave. So... 

Edited by Orangesapples

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Uruguay
Timeline

I'm gonna turn the table to a different view. What if he is really trying and it kind of sound like he getting a lot of question but not the answers he is looking for? Not sure if he have any cleared up in the mind yet but one thing: OP, did you look at the CR1 Visa Timeline? Check it here.

https://www.visajourney.com/ir1-spouse-visa-overview/

K-1 Visa process (I'm the USC [F]) [2018-2019]

Spoiler

Sent packet: August 10, 2018 (Lines Compressed to fit signature restriction guideline)

USCIS Received package: August 14 - Notification in text/email: August 17 - Mail received from USCIS: January 22, 2019
USCIS Approved I-129F Petition: January 17 - NVC Received Case: February 14 - NVC Case # Assigned: February 14

US Embassy Received: Not sure but got email reply - March 11 - Instructions Received via e-mail: March 19

Interview: May 7 - Approved! - Arriving to US/POE: June 12 - Married July 15, 2019

AOS Process [2019-2020]

Spoiler

Sent packet: July 27, 2019 - USCIS Received Package: July 29 - [Hiccup] Package was sent back due to incorrect fee and sent on August 5.
Notification in text/email: August 12 @ 12:30AM - Check cashed: August 12 - NOA 1 Mail: August 16 - Biometric: September 5 @ Atlanta, GA

AOS RFIE: Sept. 28 - got in mail by Oct 3. [They lost my Husband's Birth Certificate] - Sent back AOS RFIE: Oct 16 2019, at office by Oct 17.
AOS Case update notice on April 9th, 2020, waiting for mail. - Interview date: Scheduled as of July 15, date is August 19. Passed the interview!

My Husband got his GC! 2 Year Conditional Green Card expires 08/19/2022, Residence since 08/19/2020

ROC Process [2022-2024]

Spoiler

Sent packet: June 16, 2022 via USPS, USCIS Received Package: June 21
Notice in text (didn't get email nor text on other phone): June 24
Notice date: June 23, package is at SRC (Texas Service Center), Paid with Credit Card, payment taken on June 25
NOA 1 Mail: June 30, Biometric: Reused
Got letter in mail for extension: April 12th, Received date June 21, 2022, Notice date: April 5, 2023 = 48 Months Extension. No physical card yet.
Approved without interview as of Feb 15th, 2024. Was not a combo interview with N-400.

Naturalization N-400 [2023-...]

Spoiler

Filed Online: July 28, 2023NOA: July 29, 2023
Service Center: NBC, application # starts with IOE#.
Biometrics waived. Got NOA mail Jan 5, 2024 says Interview in Nashville, TN on Feb 6, 2024.
Queue for review and approval. Already in line for Oath Ceremony as of Feb 13th, 2024.

14 hours ago, Simon11221 said:

Could you tell me why it isn’t fine? They filled for divorce 5 month ago. It isn’t her fault that she got finalise so late.

Filling for divorce and getting it finalized are two different things. If you guys got married while the divorce was in process then the marriage it self became invalid and if divorce got finalized and then you guys got married I don't see any problem in it.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
36 minutes ago, Raja007 said:

Filling for divorce and getting it finalized are two different things. If you guys got married while the divorce was in process then the marriage it self became invalid and if divorce got finalized and then you guys got married I don't see any problem in it.

She filed a divorce and it took her 5 months to finalise it. And we got married when she got her divorce finalise. It means she wasn’t legally married anymore with her ex. 

Just now, Simon11221 said:

She filed a divorce and it took her 5 months to finalise it. And we got married when she got her divorce finalise. It means she wasn’t legally married anymore with her ex. 

As long as she wasnt legally married to any one when you married her it doesnt cause any red flags the only thing is you have to take a bunch of evidence that you guys know each other and were talking with each other for some time. My divorce started in 2017 and finalised in june 2020 and i married my current spouse in july 2020 so as I said as long as you have evidence to support your marriage it doesnt matter how quickly you got married.

13 hours ago, Sparkle Sparkle said:

I I understand you clearly, you mean your wife divorced another man and married you after the divorce was complete in 10 days? if this is so, i dont think there should be any issue with it provided you both entered into the marriage in good accord. Divorce in mast countries take time and most people move on to other relationships before the governing body declares divorce..but you must be divorced officially before you marry again which is what your wife did.

Pakistan is not an easy consulate.  The situation will be scrutinized.

12 hours ago, Simon11221 said:

Why would it cost me money and years? Our marriage is based on real and we have one new born baby together. 

Pakistani males with lots of red flags in their marriages to American women often face long periods of AP,  regardless of whether they have kids together.....

1 hour ago, Raja007 said:

As long as she wasnt legally married to any one when you married her it doesnt cause any red flags the only thing is you have to take a bunch of evidence that you guys know each other and were talking with each other for some time. My divorce started in 2017 and finalised in june 2020 and i married my current spouse in july 2020 so as I said as long as you have evidence to support your marriage it doesnt matter how quickly you got married.

There are other red flags in this case.  

Just now, Jorgedig said:

There are other red flags in this case.  

yes Indeed there are other red flags in this case but I was just addressing the fact it doesn't matter how quickly second marriage happened as long as it is supported by convincing evidence as far as knowing the exact intent behind marrying so quickly the Visa officer are well trained to identify such cases.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.