Sarge2155

August 2020 - AOS Filers

2,327 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I heard back from my Congressman’s office- no luck.

They were still great and have advised that I now start my own expedite request with solid evidence. Our case is marked with Congressional Interest so any requests should be given careful consideration. We hope to have an employment offer next week and the job can be tied to assisting in the pandemic efforts which I hope will be favorable.

Here is the confusing part. USCIS reply to the Congressman’s office says this:

We have received the response to our Request for Evidence.  Interim benefits, such as those applied for on Forms I-765 or I-131, are unable to be adjudicated until the underlying Form I-485 is deemed prima facie eligible.

We got an RFIE for tax returns, we sent a reply which was received by USCIS on Nov 16. I did not submit the I-944 and i have not had a RFE for this. I’m wondering if their response above just something generic so they can say they replied, or could it be that they won’t take any action right now because they haven’t checked if they are satisfied with the I-485. 

I thought I had seen that some people had their EADs approved without the I-944 and some that had their EAD approved while they also had an outstanding RFE but maybe I am mistaken. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Nice to see all the activity in the past couple of weeks.  Still waiting on the Bio apptment.  RFIE was received Jan 7th....C'mon St. Louis.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
5 hours ago, Chad&Thalia said:

Nice to see all the activity in the past couple of weeks.  Still waiting on the Bio apptment.  RFIE was received Jan 7th....C'mon St. Louis.

It's sickening to sit and wait for just a biometrics appt. I'm really hoping to hear something soon. There seems to be a lot of movement for August filers in New Orleans. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 1/15/2021 at 9:32 PM, Super Heros said:

Our case was updated to fingerprint fee received August 2020 for AOS - nothing since then! No RFE, No biometrics...nothing! We called or chatted every month since November, opened a service request each time we've called and still no movement;  we live in the DC area. Anyone else in the same boat? or did you arrive on a K1 visa and didn't need to go through the whole biometrics stuff?

Hey there, we are in Maryland. My partner (K1 visa) did get an RFE for the i-944 and we sent the missing forms last month. However, no biometrics yet.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 3/12/2019 at 9:18 AM, Kunmisi said:

Hello please i am expecting two packages through First class mail international from the US through USPS and i have been tracking it and this was the last updates i got Today

8:08 am Departed USPS Regional Facility,

JAMAICA NY INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER .The item is currently in transit to the destination and also the second package Additional Information The item is currently in transit to the next facility as of March 11 2019. please what do i need to do and will i get further tracking updates on it when it arrives in Nigeria i am so so scared please i need a little advise

Just now, Pat&Jan said:

Hey there, we are in Maryland. My partner (K1 visa) did get an RFE for the i-944 and we sent the missing forms last month. However, no biometrics yet.

Just now, Pat&Jan said:

We just received our biometerics letter in the mail on the 29th (yay); we're scheduled for Feb 18. Thankfully no RFE, but we submitted our I-944 with the AOS package.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Health insurance update.....

Remember how my wife needed info for her I-944 from Anthem, her health insurance company, to know the date that the health insurance terminates? She called and finally obtained this info and we sent the package off. Great, right?

Well today we got a letter in the mail from Anthem saying that her plan has been TERMINATED. Upon calling and asking why the heck this happened, they explained that she called and “asked for it to be terminated”. Lining up the dates of the alleged phone call it seems that this was when she requested info on termination dates for the I-944. They cut her insurance off! They asked for no confirmation and sent no emails or letters confirming this action! They somehow took “What date does my plan terminate, can you point me to a page in the booklet that will give me this info for my green card application” to mean “terminate my plan”! We asked for them to review the recorded calls and now my wife is in the middle of a big investigation that according to Anthem, “if ruled in your favor could be VERY serious.” She was clear as day making the calls to anthem to ask for info earlier this month. I heard the whole conversations. Apparently now her plan is inactive but will be reinstated after the investigation which will apparently be ending around Thursday next week. She’s not covered but “if she pays out of pocket in the meantime save the receipts and if it’s reinstated we will cover it”. Yeah, it’s insurance that’s practically only good for extreme emergencies so I doubt I could pay out of pocket!!! What a load of bologna!!!!! Anyway rant over, please be careful asking for this info guys and make sure you clarify that you do not want your plan terminated!

Edited by mogiftney

"Well, I Was Sleeping, Y'Know, And My Mother, Who Passed When I Was Very Young, Y'Know, She Appeared In A Dream, Y'Know, And She Told Me, Y'Know, Very Gently To Just Let It Be, And So The Next Morning I Went Right Over To The Piano, Y'Know, And I Began To, Y'Know, Write The Song, Y'Know"

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
4 hours ago, mogiftney said:

Health insurance update.....

Remember how my wife needed info for her I-944 from Anthem, her health insurance company, to know the date that the health insurance terminates? She called and finally obtained this info and we sent the package off. Great, right?

Well today we got a letter in the mail from Anthem saying that her plan has been TERMINATED. Upon calling and asking why the heck this happened, they explained that she called and “asked for it to be terminated”. Lining up the dates of the alleged phone call it seems that this was when she requested info on termination dates for the I-944. They cut her insurance off! They asked for no confirmation and sent no emails or letters confirming this action! They somehow took “What date does my plan terminate, can you point me to a page in the booklet that will give me this info for my green card application” to mean “terminate my plan”! We asked for them to review the recorded calls and now my wife is in the middle of a big investigation that according to Anthem, “if ruled in your favor could be VERY serious.” She was clear as day making the calls to anthem to ask for info earlier this month. I heard the whole conversations. Apparently now her plan is inactive but will be reinstated after the investigation which will apparently be ending around Thursday next week. She’s not covered but “if she pays out of pocket in the meantime save the receipts and if it’s reinstated we will cover it”. Yeah, it’s insurance that’s practically only good for extreme emergencies so I doubt I could pay out of pocket!!! What a load of bologna!!!!! Anyway rant over, please be careful asking for this info guys and make sure you clarify that you do not want your plan terminated!

its weird!! 😱😱😱 thats why when we called our insurance company, we asked what date our insurance plan was gonna be renewed. ( not "terminate") , sometimes they misheard or whatsoever...

Edited by Jimmy Lee

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
43 minutes ago, Jimmy Lee said:

its weird!! 😱😱😱 thats why when we called our insurance company, we asked what date our insurance plan was gonna be renewed. ( not "terminate") , sometimes they misheard or whatsoever...

That’s great advice. I’d definitely recommend that anyone reading this who needs to call their insurance about this specific thing does this instead. I had no idea these people could do this without some sort of confirmation or notification.... no email or anything......

"Well, I Was Sleeping, Y'Know, And My Mother, Who Passed When I Was Very Young, Y'Know, She Appeared In A Dream, Y'Know, And She Told Me, Y'Know, Very Gently To Just Let It Be, And So The Next Morning I Went Right Over To The Piano, Y'Know, And I Began To, Y'Know, Write The Song, Y'Know"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
37 minutes ago, KittyKat3072 said:

His I-485 interview notice came in the mail today (informed digest said it was coming yesterday but apparently it came today instead)!!!

Our appointment is March 2, 2021!  

We still don't have his Social Security card but hopefully it will come next week.

But YAY! Hopefully everything goes well and he gets his Green card! We are so nervous but excited! 

💜 💜  :joy::joy:

Wow. Congratulations. We are all excited. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
On 2/6/2021 at 3:53 PM, KittyKat3072 said:

His I-485 interview notice came in the mail today (informed digest said it was coming yesterday but apparently it came today instead)!!!

We still don't have his Social Security card but hopefully it will come next week.

But YAY! Hopefully everything goes well and he gets his Green card! We are so nervous but excited! 

Congratulations! So happy for you guys! Been following you guys since we’ve had similar timelines from Australia. Good luck with the interview!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
On 2/3/2021 at 8:46 PM, Blackbear2021 said:

It's sickening to sit and wait for just a biometrics appt. I'm really hoping to hear something soon. There seems to be a lot of movement for August filers in New Orleans. 

Still waiting as well. Getting really tired of waiting..

AOS

08/25/2020 - Sent I-130, I-485, I-131 and I-765 to Chicago Lockbox using USPS                                         11/06/2020 - Received physical receipt notice for I-765 in the mail

08/28/2020 - Package was received by USCIS                                                                                                   12/15/2020 - Online account updated and indicated the I-944 RFIE was sent

09/25/2020 - Debit Card was charged by USCIS                                                                                                 12/28/2020 - Recieved the I-944 RFIE via e-mail after speaking with a tier 2 officer

09/29/2020 - Recieved text notifications from USCIS with reciept numbers                                                  1/11/2021 - Responded to the RFIE and sent the I-944 to USCIS 

10/01/2020 - Recieved rejected I-765 back                                                                                                           3/3/2021 - Biometrics scheduled for 03/29

10/05/2020 - Recieved physical reciept notices in the mail

10/06/2020 - Sent I-765 to Chicago Lockbox using UPS

10/09/2020 - Package was recieved by USCIS

10/30/2020 - Recieved text notication from USCIS with reciept number for I-765

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
On 1/30/2021 at 9:06 PM, Riley and SP said:

Kennedy - his office was really very helpful.

They contacted USCIS at the end of October to request expedited EAD and AP. USCIS denied because of lack of biometrics.

The senator’s office contacted USCIS again in December asking USCIS to schedule my biometrics - USCIS replied that they don’t expedite biometrics at this time.

30 days later, in January, the senator’s office contacted USCIS again asking what is happening with my biometrics- the third time was a charm and USCIS finally scheduled my biometrics for February 1.

Which senator did you contact? 

I also contacted Cedric Richmond (the congressman) who is alumni from my law school - he never got back to me!! Senator Kennedy’s office has been very responsive and helpful though. 

Hi, if you dont mind me asking, what exactly did you write in the e-mail or say in a phone call when you contacted your senator? I've been thinking about doing it because I'm still waiting for bios and I am honestly willing to try anything 🤷‍♀️

AOS

08/25/2020 - Sent I-130, I-485, I-131 and I-765 to Chicago Lockbox using USPS                                         11/06/2020 - Received physical receipt notice for I-765 in the mail

08/28/2020 - Package was received by USCIS                                                                                                   12/15/2020 - Online account updated and indicated the I-944 RFIE was sent

09/25/2020 - Debit Card was charged by USCIS                                                                                                 12/28/2020 - Recieved the I-944 RFIE via e-mail after speaking with a tier 2 officer

09/29/2020 - Recieved text notifications from USCIS with reciept numbers                                                  1/11/2021 - Responded to the RFIE and sent the I-944 to USCIS 

10/01/2020 - Recieved rejected I-765 back                                                                                                           3/3/2021 - Biometrics scheduled for 03/29

10/05/2020 - Recieved physical reciept notices in the mail

10/06/2020 - Sent I-765 to Chicago Lockbox using UPS

10/09/2020 - Package was recieved by USCIS

10/30/2020 - Recieved text notication from USCIS with reciept number for I-765

On 2/6/2021 at 2:53 PM, KittyKat3072 said:

Congratulations! Hopefully this week brings me similar luck! Still waiting for movement on my daughters combo card.. our our interview. Let's see! Otherwise, I am applying for a job today. Only a junior position so who knows what the pay will be but it'll be my first paid job in the industry I want and in the US so hey.. a stepping stone!

Sorry for the double post. I just talked to an agent and they said that mine and my daughters EAD/AP are processed separately and she is in the normal time. That's fine.

I then asked if our AOS is processed together so I interview together with my three year old and they replied that there's no guarantee we will be interviewed together. I don't want to drive interstate for my THREE YEAR OLDs interview. I hope it happens at the same time. Seems silly.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.