hopelifebetter201

July 2020 I-751 filers (merged)

862 posts in this topic

On 12/5/2021 at 9:43 PM, KaelRos said:

Hi everyone! We filed in July 2020 and still waiting for any sign from USCIS. My Green Card expired, of course, but thankfully they sent me the 18 months extension, which is until March 2022. 

However, last week they sent me another extension of 24 months which, in my understanding, adds 6 more months to the first one. 

Since my driver license is also valid until March, according to the first extension, should I let the DMV know I got 6 more months? Or just wait until it's time to renew it? I just don't want to have any problem with them. Thank you! 

Did you request the 24 month extension yourself? Because I didn’t get anything from them yet !!! Btw I filedI-751 August 2020 got the 18 month extension that’s it!!!

58 minutes ago, Dzfiction said:

Did you request the 24 month extension yourself? Because I didn’t get anything from them yet !!! Btw I filedI-751 August 2020 got the 18 month extension that’s it!!!

No, I didn't, never even called them to get any updates on my case. Is this unusual? 

On 12/9/2021 at 8:24 AM, KaelRos said:

No, I didn't, never even called them to get any updates on my case. Is this unusual? 

Thanks ! I just don’t understand why is it taking too long to schedule a dam interview??? What’s the hold up really and don’t tell me please because there’s is too many of us too many cases !!!! I don’t get it we pay for everything but the service sucks where is the problem please someone tell me ???! I’m going crazy . How hard can it be to schedule an interview for a straightforward case like ours with all documents and everything??? Really???

On 12/12/2021 at 11:12 PM, Dzfiction said:

Thanks ! I just don’t understand why is it taking too long to schedule a dam interview??? What’s the hold up really and don’t tell me please because there’s is too many of us too many cases !!!! I don’t get it we pay for everything but the service sucks where is the problem please someone tell me ???! I’m going crazy . How hard can it be to schedule an interview for a straightforward case like ours with all documents and everything??? Really???

I totally understand your frustration! Sorry! 

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
On 12/12/2021 at 6:12 PM, Dzfiction said:

Have you tried writing to your congressman or senator asking for help?  They can look into it for you.

Edited by poh

K-1 Visa Interview:

POE :

SS Application Sent:

2017-10-17, Approved!:D

2017-12-6

2017-12-12

Married:                      2018-1-8

SS Card Received:     2018-1-16

SS Application Sent(Name Change):  2018-1-17

AOS Application Sent:   2018-2-8

SS Card Received (Name Change):     2018-2-12

AOS Application Delivered:      2018-2-13

AOS Application Accepted:     2018-2-22

AOS NOA1 Received:       2018-2-26

AOS/EAP Biometrics NOA Received:   2018-3-2

AOS/EAP Biometrics Appointment:  2018-3-12

Interview Scheduled:       2018-7-6  

EAP/AP Card Received:    2018-7-19

Original interview Date :2018-8-24  (USCIS Rescheduled due to Hurricane):cry:

Rescheduled Interview Date :2018-10-2, Approved!!  :D

GC Received :             2018-10-18 :thumbs:

SS Card Update :         2018-10-19

SS Card Received:      2018-10-26

ROC

ROC Application Sent via FedEx:  2020-7-2

ROC Application Received :2020-7-6

Rec'ed Text, Case # Assigned : 2020-7-11

Check Cashed: 2020-7-13

NOA Received: 2020-7-22

Case Transferred : 2021-11-10

Biometrics Applied:. 2021-5-12😄

ROC Interview passed: : 2021-7-4🥳

N-400

Eligible to file for US Citizenship : 2021-7-4🥳

N-400 filed online : 2021-12-1🥳

Biometrics reused

Passed Interview  : 2022-4-27🥳

event.png

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hey Everyone - Was looking over some of these posts and seems like our situation isn't so strange afterall, but let me know if anyone can offer some help or insight. We filed for removal of conditions in July (or so) of 2020. We got the 18 month extensions letter probably 3-6 months later. We waited and waited. Our case got transferred to another location. Then got an appointment for a biometrics test in August of 2021 finally - husband went to that and seemed all fine and good. Were checking our case status online and no updates all they way until December 2021. Then we had a notice in the case status update page that we were ready for an interview. I don't believe that was up for too long because we had just checked the page about month or 2 earlier. So we submit a form online saying we were missing an appointment letter - then about 3 weeks later we got another 18month extension letter in the mail. We just moved out of state (CA) to Texas so submitted a change of address form - which I image will prolong everything again.....It's so insanely annoying - especially when a lot of our friends have gotten their greencards in the time being in what seems like such a shorter time period?? Our friend from the same country (Morocco) came to the US on a tourist visa with his wife, then applied for his greencard and automatically got a 10 year card in less that 8months. What give?! So frustrating. My husband and I have a child together so we provided tons of proof of relationship - he works and pays taxes so can't imagine what the hold up is. LMK if anyone has advice.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
14 minutes ago, NicoleAboulanouar said:

Hey Everyone - Was looking over some of these posts and seems like our situation isn't so strange afterall, but let me know if anyone can offer some help or insight. We filed for removal of conditions in July (or so) of 2020. We got the 18 month extensions letter probably 3-6 months later. We waited and waited. Our case got transferred to another location. Then got an appointment for a biometrics test in August of 2021 finally - husband went to that and seemed all fine and good. Were checking our case status online and no updates all they way until December 2021. Then we had a notice in the case status update page that we were ready for an interview. I don't believe that was up for too long because we had just checked the page about month or 2 earlier. So we submit a form online saying we were missing an appointment letter - then about 3 weeks later we got another 18month extension letter in the mail. We just moved out of state (CA) to Texas so submitted a change of address form - which I image will prolong everything again.....It's so insanely annoying - especially when a lot of our friends have gotten their greencards in the time being in what seems like such a shorter time period?? Our friend from the same country (Morocco) came to the US on a tourist visa with his wife, then applied for his greencard and automatically got a 10 year card in less that 8months. What give?! So frustrating. My husband and I have a child together so we provided tons of proof of relationship - he works and pays taxes so can't imagine what the hold up is. LMK if anyone has advice.

ok sorry - one more thing - I just checked our status again and it says that as of Feb 16, 2022 our case is ready to be scheduled for an interview (although we say that same notice in early December...) I was reading online that while it is technically required to have an interview, it is commonly waived...so I'm wondering since we've had this notice for over 3 months, if this is just the state/step it's on right now in the process - before sending us our updated greencard? Or is it actually common to have an in person interview? Surely no one knows for sure but would be cool to know someone thoughts and feelings!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belgium
Timeline
1 hour ago, NicoleAboulanouar said:

ok sorry - one more thing - I just checked our status again and it says that as of Feb 16, 2022 our case is ready to be scheduled for an interview (although we say that same notice in early December...) I was reading online that while it is technically required to have an interview, it is commonly waived...so I'm wondering since we've had this notice for over 3 months, if this is just the state/step it's on right now in the process - before sending us our updated greencard? Or is it actually common to have an in person interview? Surely no one knows for sure but would be cool to know someone thoughts and feelings!

Hi! 

I applied in June 2020 and had a timeline similar to your husband's (see my signature or timeline).

Ready for interview is the status your application will be in until they actually schedule said interview. 

Everyone who came through a CR-1 visa gets an interview and the processing times are opaque, see this topic:

What is your local office? ROC interviews seem to be a very low priority for local offices. 

The only reason my case moved forward was that I applied for naturalization when I became eligible in June 2021 and am now a citizen. Any reason why you guys haven't applied for that? 

Edited by peachouille

N-400 (Field Office: Milwaukee WI)

Spoiler

06/10/21: Case received

06/10/21: NOA

08/06/21: Biometrics

12/10/21: Interview scheduled

01/21/22: Interview

01/24/22: Approved!

02/17/22: Oath Ceremony!!

ROC (Service Center: National Benefit Center MSC, Field Office: Milwaukee WI)

Spoiler

06/17/20: Case received

06/30/20: NOA

07/02/21: Biometrics

01/21/22: Interview (combo with N-400)

01/24/22: Approved!

CR-1 Visa (Service Center: Nebraska - Consulate: Belgium)

Spoiler

07/31/17: I-130 Priority date

08/02/17: I-130 NOA1

02/26/18: I-130 NOA2

03/15/18: NVC Received (Pivot)

06/12/18: NVC Case complete

07/26/18: Interview, approved!

On 12/20/2021 at 6:26 PM, Keeb4Rez said:

My wife got a 24 month extension letter today, too. It's printed really poorly (looks blurry). When I saw the envelope, I was hoping it was an interview date but no such luck.

I thought I was the only one! mine looks like it was printed by a bored, drunk Office Depot teenager 

Edited by Dianalorena

🇲🇽  & 🇺🇸

➺ 01/07/17 Got married in Cozumel

➺ 02/04/17 Petition mailed 

➺ 02/08/17 Case Assigned to USCIS Nebraska, sigh. 

➺ 02/13/17 We got our NOA1! PD: February 8th 

➺ 12/15/17 NOA2 finally! after 10 1/2 months. 

➺ 12/21/17 NVC confirmed they received our file 

➺ 01/22/18 Documents sent to Rapidvisa 

➺ 02/05/18  NVC received our package 

03/15/18 Case complete! 

06/27/18  We got our Interview date! August 28th 

08/30/18 The package arrived (waited at Juarez)

08/31/18 Entered the U.S with my husband 

➺ 02/13/19 Husband confesses he cheated, leaves

➺ 02/16/19 Husband decides to abandon the marriage

➺ 05/13/19  I am officially divorced. 

➺ 07/03/20  I file to remove conditions on my own     

➺ 08/13/21 I finally get my biometrics appointment 

➺ 02/26/22 I got my interview assigned: March 31st. 

💜Owner of Miss Lore Tattoos 💜

www.missloretattoos.com   Instagram.com/missloretattoos 

Tough times never last, but tough people do. 

200w.gif

Hey everyone! 
I'm glad (but sad) that I am not the only one left from July 2020. 
anyone still waiting for their interviews? Mine was assigned at the end of February for March 31st. 

I guess I was hoping that my interview would be waived, but I'm doing it with a divorce decree so even front loading the application I knew it was a very slim chance! 

🇲🇽  & 🇺🇸

➺ 01/07/17 Got married in Cozumel

➺ 02/04/17 Petition mailed 

➺ 02/08/17 Case Assigned to USCIS Nebraska, sigh. 

➺ 02/13/17 We got our NOA1! PD: February 8th 

➺ 12/15/17 NOA2 finally! after 10 1/2 months. 

➺ 12/21/17 NVC confirmed they received our file 

➺ 01/22/18 Documents sent to Rapidvisa 

➺ 02/05/18  NVC received our package 

03/15/18 Case complete! 

06/27/18  We got our Interview date! August 28th 

08/30/18 The package arrived (waited at Juarez)

08/31/18 Entered the U.S with my husband 

➺ 02/13/19 Husband confesses he cheated, leaves

➺ 02/16/19 Husband decides to abandon the marriage

➺ 05/13/19  I am officially divorced. 

➺ 07/03/20  I file to remove conditions on my own     

➺ 08/13/21 I finally get my biometrics appointment 

➺ 02/26/22 I got my interview assigned: March 31st. 

💜Owner of Miss Lore Tattoos 💜

www.missloretattoos.com   Instagram.com/missloretattoos 

Tough times never last, but tough people do. 

200w.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Georgia
Timeline
On 3/13/2022 at 11:37 AM, Dianalorena said:

Hey everyone! 
I'm glad (but sad) that I am not the only one left from July 2020. 
anyone still waiting for their interviews? Mine was assigned at the end of February for March 31st. 

I guess I was hoping that my interview would be waived, but I'm doing it with a divorce decree so even front loading the application I knew it was a very slim chance! 

I am also waiting for any updates. I have a divorce waiver case. I have not had any updates whatsoever since the status saying that my fingerprints were applied. No updates since August of 2020... I am not confident that my case will take any less than 2 years.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.