hopelifebetter201

July 2020 I-751 filers (merged)

862 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

My spouse applied for ROC in July 2020 and got an 18 month extension letter.  Last December they sent her a new extension letter for 24 months which expires October 2022.

She applied for N-400 in mid May and got her interview July 1st, 2022.  She passed the citizenship test with flying colors despite difficulties with the English language still.   They had the original submission of the I-751 on the desk during the interview.  Her ROC interview was approved without interview.  She is now in line for the oath ceremony which will probably be this September/October.  We are excited that after 2 years of waiting we are finally at the end of our journey.

26 minutes ago, Ben & Katy said:

My spouse applied for ROC in July 2020 and got an 18 month extension letter.  Last December they sent her a new extension letter for 24 months which expires October 2022.

She applied for N-400 in mid May and got her interview July 1st, 2022.  She passed the citizenship test with flying colors despite difficulties with the English language still.   They had the original submission of the I-751 on the desk during the interview.  Her ROC interview was approved without interview.  She is now in line for the oath ceremony which will probably be this September/October.  We are excited that after 2 years of waiting we are finally at the end of our 

28 minutes ago, Ben & Katy said:

She applied for N-400 in mid May and got her interview July 1st, 2022.  She passed the citizenship test with flying colors despite difficulties with the English language still.   They had the original submission of the I-751 on the desk during the interview.  Her ROC interview was approved without interview.  She is now in line for the oath ceremony which will probably be this September/October.  We are excited that after 2 years of waiting we are finally at the end of our journey.

Congratulations! Same here, filed in July 2020 but my extension letter expires in September 2022. I didn't file for N-400, something I should have done. Now, I have to travel in August and as soon as I'm back that's the first thing I'm going to do. 

updates!

5days before my 2 yr anniversary, my i751 is finally approved!

NOA: July 10, 2020
Aug 4, 2020: Biometrics re-used
July 05, 2022: New card is being produced
No interview
Haven’t submitted N400 
Potomac Field Office

Edited by valkyriex

ROC Process:

07.07.2020: I-751 Mailed

07.10.2020: NOA

08.04.2020: Biometrics (Re-used From 2017)

11.23.2021: Received 24 Months Extension

00.00.2022: Awaiting Interview/Approval

• 1 month later...
On 8/15/2022 at 6:15 PM, setiVA said:

July 2020 filer still waiting. I've been trying to schedule an infopass appointment, but no luck so far. 

What happens if the 24 months extension letter expires and I still don't get the stamp in my passport or hear about the new card?

What is an InfoPath appointment? 

I have the same question regarding the 24 month extension. I'm looking to fly by the 25th month. 

Hello

It's my first time on the site and I've been reading through conversations and I have to say, What a great community. Really informative and supportive.

I've been trying to call USCIS, but always get frustrated with the automated service and could never reach an actual person. I will try infopass now and see where that takes me. Thank you all. 

My Journey is as follows:

Got married Nov 2017. Filed paper work same month

Went through a lawyer to file paper work (big mistake) got an RFE since the lawyer did not submit all the documents. Sent the rest of the documents myself.

Interview was scheduled in June 2018. It wasn't approved right away, since the officer said he's new and needs a supervisor to approve it. (received a letter in August that it has been approved)

Got work authorization in August 2018. (really stressful time since you cant work)

Got my conditional green card in October 2018.

Applied for I751 in July 2020. 

Got an RFE in February 2021. Submitted additional documents

In December 2021 got a letter for an interview scheduled for February 2022.

Received a letter from USCIS that processing time is now 24 months instead of 18 months

On the day of the interview, there was a category 3 snow storm, and USCIS office was closed. (got a call from USCIS)

April 2022 Used the 24 month extension letter to renew my drivers license.

Now I'm still waiting to hear back from USCIS. my 24 months expire in a month. I've read on here that I should call and get my I551 stamp? Not sure what that is. 

When can I travel outside the country?

Also, am I eligible to apply for the N400? Is that even legal, when the I751 has not even been approved yet?

Thanks all. 

Jay

On 8/26/2022 at 11:39 AM, Jay5021 said:

@OldUser Thank you so much. I will look into filing the N400 then. Appreciate your help. 

@Imradi I believe you have to call and schedule an appointment with them specifically for the I-551 stamp. 

I heard for the stamp you can call your local USCIS. At least that's what the guy at the DMV told me when I asked him what to do after my 24 months extension letter expires and want to renew my driver's licence. 

I'm a July 2020 filler and on August 26th got noticed that my new card is being produced, right after I created my account for N-400 application, the same day. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Georgia
Timeline
On 8/29/2022 at 5:48 PM, KaelRos said:

I heard for the stamp you can call your local USCIS. At least that's what the guy at the DMV told me when I asked him what to do after my 24 months extension letter expires and want to renew my driver's licence. 

I'm a July 2020 filler and on August 26th got noticed that my new card is being produced, right after I created my account for N-400 application, the same day. 

Congrats! Where was your case? YSC?

10 minutes ago, kvito28 said:

Congrats! Where was your case? YSC?

Thank you! Yes YSC and they just told me my ‘’card was mailed to me’’. Now the wait for naturalization begins. 

9 minutes ago, Imradi said:

Did they do your interview already or was that eventually skipped ?

For the GC or N400? If it’s for the green card I had an interview for my first one but not for the Remove Conditions ( I751) which I think, if I’m not mistaken, there isn’t any interview. For my N400 they skipped the fingerprints and now I’m waiting for the interview which I guess may take awhile. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.