hopelifebetter201

July 2020 I-751 filers (merged)

862 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Is anyone else so frustrated with the lack of progress? My USCIS case status has been on stuck on fingerprints applied since July 22 2020. My packet was received on July 3rd and I got the 18 month extension letter in July 14th. I've requested more info online and was told there is no update. I've called the contact number several times and the automated service will not let me talk to an actual person no matter what I say. Is anyone else in the same boat or have any advice?

Screen Shot 2021-05-14 at 11.41.06 AM.png

K1 & K2 Visa 

18th April 2017: I-129f sent

21st April 2017: NOA1 Received Date

25th April 2017: NOA1 Notice Date

26th April 2017: NOA1 text confirmation

2nd May 2017: NOA1 hardcopy

7th September 2017: NOA2 Approval date

21st September 2017: NVC Received
21st September 2017: NVC Case # Received

27th September 2017: Left NVC
27th September 2017: Case Ready

4th October 2017: Medical

12th October 2017: Interview

24th October 2017: Visas in Hand

27th October 2017: POE

16th December 2017: Wedding Day

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
9 hours ago, Salty2305 said:

Is anyone else so frustrated with the lack of progress? My USCIS case status has been on stuck on fingerprints applied since July 22 2020. My packet was received on July 3rd and I got the 18 month extension letter in July 14th. I've requested more info online and was told there is no update. I've called the contact number several times and the automated service will not let me talk to an actual person no matter what I say. Is anyone else in the same boat or have any advice?

Screen Shot 2021-05-14 at 11.41.06 AM.png

Mine has not updated since November, stuck in "Case was transferred to new Jurisdiction".

I've also tried calling USCIS and cannot get ahold of a live rep.

I am getting ready to file my N-400 next month but I would really love to have the 10 year green card coz I don't have a valid ID at this time.

Has anyone else had their case transferred to MSC (National Benefits Center) but never had biometrics taken nor fingerprints reapplied? My receipt number is a WAC (California Service Center) number, but it's now at MSC. Haven't heard a word since. The letter said the transfer was "part of standard processing" - I've seen some people get that and some get "for faster processing". I requested they waive the interview in my cover letter and submitted a TON of evidence, but it seems like there's no real way to tell whether or not you get an interview.

We originally filed I-130 and I-485, I adjusted from an O-1 visa to green card, we had AOS interview, and were approved with no issues in October 2018.

My I-751 Timeline:

January 6, 2021 Case Was Transferred And A New Office Has Jurisdiction
January 5, 2021 Your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, was transferred to another USCIS office.
July 27, 2020 We received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence.

I-751 - Pending

PD: Jul 27, 2020 (California Service Center / WAC) w/ 18 mth extension letter

Biometrics: N/A - No request for biometrics, no notification of reusing fingerprints 

Office Transfer to National Benefits Center / MSC: Jan 5, 2021 & Jan 6, 2021 ("standard processing")

San Fernando Valley, CA (Los Angeles)

I-130 / I-485 - Approved Oct 2018
PD: Sep 15, 2017
Biometrics: Oct 11, 2017
EAD: Dec 13, 2017 (Didn't apply for AP)
EAD Renewal PD: June 19, 2018
EAD Renewal Fingerprint Review Completed: July 6, 2018
Interview Ready to be Scheduled: Jul 17, 2018
Interview: Oct 16, 2018

Approved - Card Received

AOS from O1 through marriage

San Fernando Valley, CA (Los Angeles)

• 2 weeks later...

My case finally approved today😄. Took 10 months. My timeline is below:

May 25, 2021 New Card Is Being Produced
October 22, 2020 We transferred your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, to another USCIS office that now has jurisdiction over your case.
October 21, 2020 Your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, was transferred to another office for processing (National Benefit Center).
August 25, 2020 The fingerprints relating to your Form I-751 Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, were taken.
July 22, 2020 We received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence.

Bless everyone will have their cases approved soon!
Edited by raymondccc

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

I-751 approved! MSC -No interview! 11 months! Good luck to everyone else xx

MY JOURNEY INTO GETTING A FIRST-TIME GREEN CARD, RENEWING A GREEN CARD, AND OBTAINING U.S. CITIZENSHIP:

I-130: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2020/08/23/my-spouse-visa-process-and-timeline-ir1-cr1/ From Colombia 🇨🇴

I-751: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2020/09/12/i-751-joint-petition-to-remove-conditions-on-residence/From Japan 🇯🇵 (Military spouse overseas)

N-400: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2022/08/03/3430/ From Japan 🇯🇵 

BLOG:  https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/inmigr/   

• 2 weeks later...

Case number starting with MSC here.

My ROC was received by USCIS on July 29, 2020. I had my biometrics appointment on September 17, 2020 and my case hasn't moved since then.

On May 10, 2021, my husband and I decided to call the USCIS Military Help line to see if we can request for an expedite on my ROC. My husband is active duty and will be deploying soon. We weren't sure if USCIS would accept our request. To our surprise, a few days after we called, we received an email stating that they are honoring our request. Once they receive my file at local field office, we will be scheduled for an interview

On May 27, we received a call from USCIS informing us of the interview schedule at the Louiseville Field Office.

Today, June 4th, we had our interview and everything went quick and smooth.

Below is my timeline:

July 25 -  Form/Documents mailed via UPS to address in Lewisville, TX 

July 29 -   Form/Documents received by USCIS

August 10 - Received Text message with Receipt # (MSC) at 1am

August 10 - Check was cashed as per Bank

August 15 - Received NOA (dated August 7)

September 4 - Received Letter for Biometrics Appointment

September 17 - Biometrics Appointment

October 1 - Case was updated to show fingerprints were taken and has been applied

May 10 - Called USCIS Military Helpline to request expedite on ROC

May 13 - Received email from USCIS honoring our request

May 28 - Received a call regarding interview schedule

June 4 - Interview at Louisville, KY field office

June 4 - New Card is now being produced

44292165-A3FE-4130-803F-1FDE2482DBF2.jpeg

Edited by Sneakerpimpz21

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

We filed for ROC around mid July 2020 to the Phoenix lockbox.  
extension letter received end of July 2020.

fingerprints taken December 2020.

Dead silence ever since….

next month will be one year we filed ROC.

The original 2 year GC was awarded based on filing through Juarez Mexico consulate October 2018.  Feels odd so many people that filed at the same time or after are already getting their GC’s and we are stuck at not knowing when we get ours.

3 hours ago, Ben & Katy said:

The original 2 year GC was awarded based on filing through Juarez Mexico consulate October 2018.  Feels odd so many people that filed at the same time or after are already getting their GC’s and we are stuck at not knowing when we get ours.

Filed mine in July. I got the extension letter few weeks later. In August fingerprints have been applied. Nothing since. 

All we can do is wait. My extension letter is valid through 03/22 so is my driver's license. I think I read somewhere here about the possibility of extending the letter. I need to ask about that. 

You're not alone. Good luck! 

4 hours ago, Ben & Katy said:

Is not odd, there is a reason why. Your category is CR1, it means you had an interview at the embassy not with USCIS. Almost everybody has to have an interview with USCIS at some point. People who adjust status inside the country have to go get interviewed then and those who didn’t because they got their process through an embassy, have to go through an interview for ROC. So the delay is actually at your local office, they first have to process the cases they received before yours and then they can move ahead with your case.

Edited by Ecaen87

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

After 11 long months... 

July 6 - Packet sent
July 9 - Packet received
July 15 - Credit Card charged
July 17 - Text Notification received
July 30 - NOA received (Notice Date: July 21)
August 10 - Fingerprints applied
November 18 - Case was transferred to new Jurisdiction 
June 16 - New Card is Being Produced

USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_orca-image--636784235.jpeg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 6/15/2021 at 6:24 PM, Ecaen87 said:

Is not odd, there is a reason why. Your category is CR1, it means you had an interview at the embassy not with USCIS. Almost everybody has to have an interview with USCIS at some point. People who adjust status inside the country have to go get interviewed then and those who didn’t because they got their process through an embassy, have to go through an interview for ROC. So the delay is actually at your local office, they first have to process the cases they received before yours and then they can move ahead with your case.

So essentially they penalize people that did the process the right way by waiting in their own country instead of coming here on a tourist visa, getting married and adjusting status?   I know the K1's have to adjust status because they are entering on a very short visa. 

21 minutes ago, Ben & Katy said:

So essentially they penalize people that did the process the right way by waiting in their own country instead of coming here on a tourist visa, getting married and adjusting status?   I know the K1's have to adjust status because they are entering on a very short visa. 

How are they penalizing? And what do you mean by the right way? The law allows to apply to adjust status just like it allows you to apply from abroad. For AOS I had a very long wait almost 2 years before we had our interview. This time the wait was shorter. Everybody have to be interviewed by USCIS at some point, some have a long wait at the beginning and some others at the end. There have been exceptions but they are rare. So the point is that if you are waiting to be interviewed, either for AOS or ROC the wait is long.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

After 1 year of ROC, I got the biometric letter today. Scheduled 7/28. 

CR1

Texas Service Center

NOA1: 7/17/17

RFE: 3/5/18

RFE SENT: 5/3/18

RFE RECEIVED: 5/9/18

Approved: 5/25/18

Sent to NVC : 6/13/18

NVC received: 6/21/18

Case number: 7/19/2018

Pay AOS & IV fees: 7/19/18

CEAC shut down on 7/19/18 until 7/31/18

Ds-260 submitted 8/1/18

Civil and AOS package uploaded: 8/3/18

Case complete: 8/6/18

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
On 6/23/2021 at 11:56 PM, Carmina06 said:

It's taking so long that i got pregant after filing and gave birth already and still no updates other than they received my case 😅

congrats on your baby! I am 3 months pregnant now and just got biometric letter after 1 year of ROC receipt.

CR1

Texas Service Center

NOA1: 7/17/17

RFE: 3/5/18

RFE SENT: 5/3/18

RFE RECEIVED: 5/9/18

Approved: 5/25/18

Sent to NVC : 6/13/18

NVC received: 6/21/18

Case number: 7/19/2018

Pay AOS & IV fees: 7/19/18

CEAC shut down on 7/19/18 until 7/31/18

Ds-260 submitted 8/1/18

Civil and AOS package uploaded: 8/3/18

Case complete: 8/6/18

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.