hopelifebetter201

July 2020 I-751 filers (merged)

862 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
23 hours ago, Choc_pudding21 said:

Congrats to everyone who has finally been approved.

EAC case here, finally got an update today since August of 2020:

My timeline for reference:

7/27 - Package sent.

7/31 - Package received.

8/10 - CC Charged for $680.

8/17 - Received I-797 NOA with 18 month extension (Notice date 8/10) - Also says "Notice Type: Receipt Notice".
8/25 - Fingerprints applied to my case.
2/11/2021 - New card is being produced

Does this automatically mean the interview is waived or do I have to wait for further updates?

Congrats. 
i am a EAC filer too and my biometrics was reused 11th of August and no update since then. I filed in July also. 
this gives me hope though that they are looking at July filers already

37 minutes ago, Kels00 said:

Congrats. 
i am a EAC filer too and my biometrics was reused 11th of August and no update since then. I filed in July also. 
this gives me hope though that they are looking at July filers already

Thank you! It's definitely frustrating that there's no clear way to estimate when everyone's case will be processed, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for everyone here to get an approval very soon.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hey all, 

I still have yet to hear anything about my I-751. It is still stuck on "Fingerprints applied."

However, I received notification that my interview for my N-400 was scheduled today.

I am not sure if they will process my I-751 during that interview because I applied for my N-400 based on military service, and for military based N-400s, an approved ROC is not required.

We will see. 

I-751

7/14/20 - Application mailed.

7/17/20 - Application received.

7/24/20 - Text notification received with a WAC number.
7/31/20 - 797 received. Printed on 7/26/20.

1/06/21 - Case transferred.

1/13/21 - Received transfer notice in mail.

1/21/21 - Biometrics applied.

1/26/21 - Received biometrics reuse notice in mail. 

2/11/21 - Called for an update on my case and was told file is in local office.

2/26/21 - Received interview notice. Printed on 2/22/21.

N-400 - Military Service Based

1/12/21 - Application submitted online; Application received.

1/13/21 - Received IOE electronic receipt notice via email; Biometrics walk-in; Case status changed to "Case is Being Actively Reviewed by USCIS."

1/19/21 - Received paper receipt notice in the mail.

1/22/21 - Received email from USCIS that a new receipt notice will be issued due to an error on the previous one.

1/26/21 - New receipt notice posted on my online account. 
2/01/21 - New receipt notice arrived in mail. 

2/19/21 - Case status changed to Interview scheduled.

2/22/21 - Interview notice posted on my online account.

2/26/21 - Received paper interview notice in mail.

3/16/21 - Biometrics Reuse notice posted online.

3/26/21 - Received biometrics reuse notice in mail. 

3/30/21 - N-400 approved; Same-day oath ceremony. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 2/12/2021 at 2:27 PM, Choc_pudding21 said:

Thank you! It's definitely frustrating that there's no clear way to estimate when everyone's case will be processed, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for everyone here to get an approval very soon.

Got an update today. 
filled my package in July 2020

Biometrics reused August 11 2020

case transferred  February 19 2021. 

fingers crossed

8 hours ago, DC909 said:

Hey all, 

I still have yet to hear anything about my I-751. It is still stuck on "Fingerprints applied."

However, I received notification that my interview for my N-400 was scheduled today.

I am not sure if they will process my I-751 during that interview because I applied for my N-400 based on military service, and for military based N-400s, an approved ROC is not required.

We will see. 

It will most likely be processed at the same time.

Also, this is the case always since there is no approved ROC requirement for non-military N400 either if it’s been over 2yr9mo limit (marriage based) after conditional GC issuance. Most people apply for N400 if their ROC is taking a long time to expedite the processing since N400 wait times are a lot better. 

Wishing you luck on the interview, hope it goes smoothly!

AOS:

05/23/2018:     Sent in all four forms.

10/10/2018:     Interview at Detroit Field Office - Green Card Approved.

11/10/2018:     Green Card Received (Starting CPR 10/15/2018)

ROC:

07/24/2020:     Packet sent.

03/25/2021:     ROC Approved

03/29/2021:     Green Card Received

N-400:

07/17/2021:     Online Submission. NOA and Bio Reused 07/17.
10/20/2021:     Interview Scheduled for 12/03

01/12/2022:     Oath Ceremony

1 hour ago, shkabaan said:

since there is no approved ROC requirement for non-military N400 either if it’s been over 2yr9mo limit (marriage based) after conditional GC issuance.

That is inaccurate for non-military N-400. In some cases it could be a combo interview where the IO first adjudicates the I-751 and then the N-400.

But if an applicant still has a pending I-751 and only gets an appointment notice for the non-military N-400, the applicant would be informed when checking-in for the appointment that they cannot proceed that day and wait for rescheduled date. https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-12-part-g-chapter-5 "An application for naturalization may not be approved if there is a pending petition for removal of conditions. If an applicant’s petition to remove conditions is pending at the time of filing or is filed prior to the interview, USCIS will adjudicate the petition to remove conditions prior to or concurrently with the adjudication of the naturalization application."

11 hours ago, DC909 said:

and for military based N-400s, an approved ROC is not required. 

You should also take a copy of the following Policy Manual section in case you get a not so knowledgeable IO: https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-12-part-g-chapter-5

Conditional Residents Filing on the Basis of Qualifying Military Service

Applicants for naturalization who qualify on the basis of honorable military service in periods of hostilities may be naturalized whether or not they have been lawfully admitted for permanent residence. [8] For this reason, such applicants are not required to comply with all of the requirements for admission to the United States, including the requirements for removal of conditions.

Accordingly, CPRs who are filing on the basis of such qualifying military service are not required to file a petition to remove conditions and may be naturalized without the removal of conditions from their permanent resident status.

1 hour ago, HRQX said:

That is inaccurate for non-military N-400. In some cases it could be a combo interview where the IO first adjudicates the I-751 and then the N-400.

But if an applicant still has a pending I-751 and only gets an appointment notice for the non-military N-400, the applicant would be informed when checking-in for the appointment that they cannot proceed that day and wait for rescheduled date. https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-12-part-g-chapter-5 "An application for naturalization may not be approved if there is a pending petition for removal of conditions. If an applicant’s petition to remove conditions is pending at the time of filing or is filed prior to the interview, USCIS will adjudicate the petition to remove conditions prior to or concurrently with the adjudication of the naturalization application."

Thanks for the correction. It makes sense that they include this in the details in case they have to reject a case at a certain point. I’ve never heard of this happening in a handful of cases I know of personally in the last 4-5 years. 

Also very ridiculous that they will let you know they can’t proceed after making the interview and making you come in for the appointment and finally tell you at check-in that this was all useless lol. Thanks for letting me know, my eligibility date for N400 is coming up soon and I might now reconsider filing for N400 right away based on the fact that I have almost no progress on my July ROC since the fingerprints were applied back in October. 

AOS:

ROC:

N-400:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
16 hours ago, HRQX said:

You should also take a copy of the following Policy Manual section in case you get a not so knowledgeable IO: https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-12-part-g-chapter-5

Conditional Residents Filing on the Basis of Qualifying Military Service

Applicants for naturalization who qualify on the basis of honorable military service in periods of hostilities may be naturalized whether or not they have been lawfully admitted for permanent residence. [8] For this reason, such applicants are not required to comply with all of the requirements for admission to the United States, including the requirements for removal of conditions.

Accordingly, CPRs who are filing on the basis of such qualifying military service are not required to file a petition to remove conditions and may be naturalized without the removal of conditions from their permanent resident status.

Than you for the advice. I am definitely planning on taking this manual in the case that they want to do a combo interview. 

I-751

7/14/20 - Application mailed.

7/17/20 - Application received.

7/24/20 - Text notification received with a WAC number.
7/31/20 - 797 received. Printed on 7/26/20.

1/06/21 - Case transferred.

1/13/21 - Received transfer notice in mail.

1/21/21 - Biometrics applied.

1/26/21 - Received biometrics reuse notice in mail. 

2/26/21 - Received interview notice. Printed on 2/22/21.

N-400 - Military Service Based

1/12/21 - Application submitted online; Application received.

1/13/21 - Received IOE electronic receipt notice via email; Biometrics walk-in; Case status changed to "Case is Being Actively Reviewed by USCIS."

1/19/21 - Received paper receipt notice in the mail.

1/22/21 - Received email from USCIS that a new receipt notice will be issued due to an error on the previous one.

1/26/21 - New receipt notice posted on my online account. 
2/01/21 - New receipt notice arrived in mail. 

2/19/21 - Case status changed to Interview scheduled.

2/22/21 - Interview notice posted on my online account.

2/26/21 - Received paper interview notice in mail.

3/16/21 - Biometrics Reuse notice posted online.

3/26/21 - Received biometrics reuse notice in mail. 

3/30/21 - N-400 approved; Same-day oath ceremony. 

Congratulations everyone that has bee approved. Has anyone with LIN service center had any action on the ROC ?

I filed in July and had fingerprints taken October 15. I’ll be eligible to file N-400 next month. AOS was from K1

On 2/24/2021 at 12:55 PM, Mr W & I said:

Congratulations everyone that has bee approved. Has anyone with LIN service center had any action on the ROC ?

I filed in July and had fingerprints taken October 15. I’ll be eligible to file N-400 next month. AOS was from K1

Hi, I have a similar timeline with LIN. 

ROC applied late July and extension received in about a week and then no updates. Then, exactly like yours on October 15, fingerprints were applied. No updates since then. I wasn’t expecting anything until Christmas 2021 since the wait for Nebraska service center is quite long based on USCIS wait times so I don’t check often since I have* text/email alerts on. I’m eligible for N400 in mid-July but I might hold off on that if I don’t have any updates on ROC until then. 

I will update here as soon as I see something. Good luck! 

Edited by shkabaan

AOS:

ROC:

N-400:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.