2,967 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
13 minutes ago, MarSam701 said:

Hi Vawa family, . .I do hope all is well and everyoneΒ  is keeping safe. .and for all the approvals. , congratulations and for those waiting your approvals are on their way...

My Ead C31 expired on June 2020 and I received the NOA aΒ  few days ago...which mentioned the 180 days extension..

I just received a notification thatΒ  finger print was taken relating to myΒ  i765 application for employment authorization. .

Does this mean I will be getting a new card..or the NOA represent the extension? @Stillwinning!!!😊

Β 

Β 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Chicago_315 said:

Hello All, just wanted to share this good news to this forum after almost 17 months of my vawa journey my case has been approved with no RFE. Thank you all for all your help and mostly to @Stillwinning!!!😊

Β 

image.png.f4a8dfeacbeb041440fac5a99f1ed7bc.png

Congrats πŸ—½

3 hours ago, Chicago_315 said:

Hello All, just wanted to share this good news to this forum after almost 17 months of my vawa journey my case has been approved with no RFE. Thank you all for all your help and mostly to @Stillwinning!!!😊

Β 

image.png.f4a8dfeacbeb041440fac5a99f1ed7bc.png

Congrats!!!πŸ₯³πŸ₯³πŸ₯³

Wow!Β 
That’s give me a lot of hopes!

My VAWA is filed one months after yours.

And my birthday is on September. It would be just the best BDay giftπŸ™πŸ»β€οΈ
Β 

Enjoy this great news!!! Yay!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 8/6/2020 at 2:51 PM, neimovirna said:

OMG, guys, I just received an update that My case is approved!😁

time line

i360 filed February 2019

1st Prima Facie March 2019

2nd Prima Facie March 2020

EAD c31 May 22nd 2020

i360 Approved August 6, 2020

I am in NYC

Β 

Congratulations πŸŽ‰πŸŽŠπŸΎπŸŽˆΒ 

11 hours ago, Risen said:

How much is correct fee for vawa petition 1-360

$0. The VAWA application is free. If you concurrently file I-485 that's $1,225 unless you get a fee waiver.

Β 

4 hours ago, Risen said:

Does Vawa penntition need Pasport photograph?

I-360 doesn't. I-485/I-765/I-131 technically all do but USCIS generally just takes the photo from your biometrics so you will be most likely approved without them.

Only time I've seen an RFE for the photos was for an 11 year old child who was exempt from doing biometrics.

Β 

1 hour ago, MarSam701 said:

Hi Vawa family, . .I do hope all is well and everyoneΒ  is keeping safe. .and for all the approvals. , congratulations and for those waiting your approvals are on their way...

My Ead C31 expired on June 2020 and I received the NOA aΒ  few days ago...which mentioned the 180 days extension..

I just received a notification thatΒ  finger print was taken relating to myΒ  i765 application for employment authorization. .

Those this mean I will be getting a new card..@Stillwinning!!!😊

Β 

As long as you filed for a renewal while the previous EAD was still valid the NOA serves as an extension for 180 days, otherwise it doesn't. C31 EAD extensions are basically just a rubber stamp, as long as you have an approved I-360 you're eligible and it'll be approved.

Edited by Demise

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Demise said:

$0. The VAWA application is free. If you concurrently file I-485 that's $1,225 unless you get a fee waiver.

Β 

I-360 doesn't. I-485/I-765/I-131 technically all do but USCIS generally just takes the photo from your biometrics so you will be most likely approved without them.

Only time I've seen an RFE for the photos was for an 11 year old child who was exempt from doing biometrics.

Β 

As long as you filed for a renewal while the previous EAD was still valid the NOA serves as an extension for 180 days, otherwise it doesn't. C31 EAD extensions are basically just a rubber stamp, as long as you have an approved I-360 you're eligible and it'll be approved.

Honestly I am confuse...because that is what I thought..at first when I check the i765 status it said Fee waived even yesterday that is what it said...but this evening I got the email notification and when I checked it said finger print taken..πŸ™†πŸ™†

Just now, MarSam701 said:

Honestly I am confuse...because that is what I thought..at first when I check the i765 status it said Fee waived even yesterday that is what it said...but this evening I got the email notification and when I checked it said finger print taken..πŸ™†πŸ™†

USCIS is reusing old biometrics these days because ASCs are either closed or operating at quarter capacity due to COVID-19. Since you are renewing, USCIS just reused your old biometrics and that's why you got the random update that biometrics were taken, you will most likely receive a notice stating that they reused your old biometrics in the mail in a few days.

Β 

Other than that, you're good to go, just sit back and wait for the renewal to be approved.

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Demise said:

USCIS is reusing old biometrics these days because ASCs are either closed or operating at quarter capacity due to COVID-19. Since you are renewing, USCIS just reused your old biometrics and that's why you got the random update that biometrics were taken, you will most likely receive a notice stating that they reused your old biometrics in the mail in a few days.

Β 

Other than that, you're good to go, just sit back and wait for the renewal to be approved.

Thanks @Demise for you help and letting me feel a little calmer ..#OneLove❀

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 7/25/2020 at 11:31 AM, HolaBola31 said:

If your case is just regular one with no special details you can file it by yourself. There are a lot of information how toΒ do itΒ properly. And VJ the best one in this after USCIS siteπŸ™ŒπŸ»
The only difficult stuff it’s gathering needed documents. If you have everything (check it with checklist on USCIS site) you will be fine.

Β 

Greetings family,

My I 485 was denied and EAD cancelled due to spousal withdrawal in 2018. My attorney filed I-360 earlier this year but strangely didn't include I485 and EAD/AP even after we discussed it. I am about to do that myself. While sending to Vermont, should all applications be in same envelope? Do I have to attach the I-360 NOA? I'd appreciate your guidance?

So guys, I haven’t heard from my husbandΒ ever since he kicked my daughter and I out of his house. My attorney literally just submitted aΒ response electronicallyΒ to his complaint for annulment and surprisingly my husband’s number just popped up on my phone. He called me twice just now and I sent his calls to voicemail. He texts β€œwe need to talk.”

Β 

I’m so scared guys. I don’t know why on earth this man is calling me.
Β 

Β 

On 8/6/2020 at 4:29 PM, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

This usually refers to NBC or local office! I got successive updates..first NBC then local office. Sometimes you only get one update..usually when it gets to the local office!πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘

Thanks for the info.Β I actually got an update today it was transferred to myΒ local office. I guess it's moving along. Do you think I should get my medical done in a month or so? Or should I wait until they request it? Β 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline
3 hours ago, Dordor1 said:

So guys, I haven’t heard from my husbandΒ ever since he kicked my daughter and I out of his house. My attorney literally just submitted aΒ response electronicallyΒ to his complaint for annulment and surprisingly my husband’s number just popped up on my phone. He called me twice just now and I sent his calls to voicemail. He texts β€œwe need to talk.”

Β 

I’m so scared guys. I don’t know why on earth this man is calling me.
Β 

Β 

Don’t receive his calls or communicate with him directly.Use an attorney. Narcissists always look for ways to have things done their way! Don’t give him the benefit of such!Β Β 

3 hours ago, Iceman1 said:

Thanks for the info.Β I actually got an update today it was transferred to myΒ local office. I guess it's moving along. Do you think I should get my medical done in a month or so? Or should I wait until they request it? Β 

Only do the medicals when you have an interview date! That's my advice else you'll find yourself getting it done all over again..It's time sensitive. Validity clause.πŸ‘

Β 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.