JayDGODITRUST

June 2020 I-751 filers

1,349 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 1/24/2021 at 7:13 PM, See7 said:

@izavox and @TN_Meow got an update - January 23, 2021 Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken. I am not sure if they used my biometric info from I-485 as I never got biometric appointment for I-751.

That's great @See7 So sorry it's been so long to reply! Got so busy with work! Fantastic, looks like your case is moving along!

I havent gotten any update yet since my case was transferred. 

ROC:

June 27, 2020 - Sent packet via USPS

July 3, 2020 - Case Received (California Service Center)

August 5, 2020 - NOA Received

January 6, 2021: Case Transferred to NBC Office

July 6, 2021: Previous biometrics reused

October 12, 2021: Interview Scheduled for November 8, 2021

November 8, 2021: Permanent Green Card Approved!

Timeline (From J-1 visa to Adjustment of Status):

Juy 3rd 2017 - Got Married!

July 8th 2017 - Mailed AOS packet

July 11th 2017 - PD

August 14th 2017 - Biometrics Appt (for I-485)

August 21th 2017 - Biometrics (for I-765)

August 24th 2017 - Updated online for Case Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

October 16th 2017 - Advance Parole Approved (after 100 days)

October 20th 2017 - Received Advance Parole in the mail

November 16th 2017 - 'New Card Is Being Produced' (after 108 days)

November 25th 2017 - Received EAD in the mail

August 16th, 2018 - Status Changed to "Interview Was Scheduled"

August 25th, 2018 - Interview Scheduled For September 25, 2018

September 25th, 2018 - Green Card Approved at Interview

October 3rd, 2018 - Received Green Card In The Mail

14 hours ago, Sterai79 said:

Sorry typo error..its a question

That's fine :) 

During online filing there is a section where USCIS asks you to provide "additional evidence" (don't get confuse with "evidence" section as this section requires copy of your greencard and your photo only if filling from outside of the US) under this section you can add your cover letter asking to make a decision on your ROC and N-400 together at your naturalization interview and any additional documents as listed in previous post.

Timeline
1 hour ago, See7 said:

That's fine :) 

During online filing there is a section where USCIS asks you to provide "additional evidence" (don't get confuse with "evidence" section as this section requires copy of your greencard and your photo only if filling from outside of the US) under this section you can add your cover letter asking to make a decision on your ROC and N-400 together at your naturalization interview and any additional documents as listed in previous post.

Thanks...

Timeline

Hi guys! Wondering if somebody else got the same. I got a RFE today, asking for more evidence. I'd say, aside from the Affidavits (which I didnt do because my husband and I have so many joint accounts together and I thought the affidavits weren't that necessary from what I was gathering) and not a lot of photos, I'm not sure what else they want as evidence. I sent them so much stuff, I'm really puzzled at this request.

I guess I'll send those again and add more photos and the affidavits this time around, but I'm really surprised at the letter considering how much stuff I sent. Anyways, I guess back to work on that again haha

Edited by izavox

ROC:

July 11th 2017 - PD

August 24th 2017 - Updated online for Case Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

14 hours ago, izavox said:

Anyways, I guess back to work on that again haha

why dont you make a list of what you sent .... maybe we can come up with ideas. What exactly did the RFE say?

Timeline
5 hours ago, Bob in Boston said:

why dont you make a list of what you sent .... maybe we can come up with ideas. What exactly did the RFE say?

Thank you! So the letter said:

"You must provide the following information in order for us to make a final decision on your case.

Submit evidence that proves the marriage was valid and it was not entered into for immigration purposes. You must submit evidence of a shared life together, and it should cover the time period from July 2017 (when we got married) to the present"

Then they list the evidences we may provide that were listed in the form I-751 that we were supposed to send. I'm gonna list them here and write what I sent from each:

- Documents showing joint ownership of property: My husband and I live in a house he and his brother bought before we got married, so my name is not on the mortgage. Before we got married, we made a 5 year plan to buy our own house but 2020 happened and covid, so my husband got financially hit and selling the house (as well as buying a house) at this time just wasnt feasible, so we moved to 2022. Should we explain this in a letter? I didnt send the house deed this time around (I sent it when I applied for AOS) because my name was not on it. I believe that was one of my mistakes.

- Documents showing shared finances and obligations (such as joint bank accounts), utility bills, joint income taxes, joint insurance policies, etc.: This one was the bulk of our documentation. We have 6 joint accounts for different purposes (one opened when we got married), joint taxes since we got married, car insurance ( I started showing up on the car insurance after I was able to renew my driver's license, when I got my EAD, so it was a few months after we got married), health insurance, and phone bill.

- Birth certificate of children born: no kids yet. We plan on start having kids after we buy our own house.

- Pictures of wedding and other events: This one I sent only 4 because I didnt think it was going to be a big deal. I sent 1 of our wedding, 1 with family, and 2 of trips we made during the 2 years we were married. I'll definitely send more this time around.

- Sworn affidavits: I didnt send any because, with the amount of join financial documentation, I didnt think it was going to be a big deal. I guess it was a big mistake on my end. I will definitely send it this time as well.

- We also have a car but, unfortunately, my name is not on the lease. It was a perfect storm situation. My husband's old car (which predated our marriage) was on its last days back in 2018 but we were saving up to buy a new one and hoping the car would last us until 2019. However, late november 2018 the car officially died down and Black Friday sales were still happening so my husband was able to get another car with a super discount. The problem was that I wasnt in town when this happened (had to go to Brazil) so he got the car while I was away. We do have text conversation of this decision. 

My question is: 

- For the car ownership and house, should we just explain the situation through a letter? We will send the deed for the house this time, even if my name is not in it.

- For the car purchase, should we send the screenshots of our conversation where we discussed the purchase?

- My husband and I are thinking of listing their requests for evidence and explaining each one, kind of like I did here. Is this a good approach?

One thing that striked me in the letter is the "in order for us to make a final decision on your case". I've never received a RFE before this, so i'm not sure if this approach is common but it makes me wonder if the case it's on its final days of approval? Haha one would hope.

One interesting tidbit, I know this is long already haha, but a friend of mine, who was also on the ROC situation, got a RFE and while she was gathering the paperwork, she received the 10 year GC in the mail :D Super strange hahaha

Thank you so much for the help and so sorry for the long message!!

ROC:

July 11th 2017 - PD

4 hours ago, izavox said:

Documents showing joint ownership of property

I put my wifes name on the deed as joint owner, she is not on the mortgage as I owned the house prior to our marriage. I also have her on the elec, water and tax bill of the house. I did not send letters either but it sounds like it might help you. Need more pictures of yourselves living your life. I had no problem with this as my wife likes to document everything with a photo. Did you guys travel at all.... weekend trips etc etc. Tickets and Itinerary are good evidence. Good luck

Edited by Bob in Boston

5 hours ago, izavox said:

Thank you! So the letter said:

"You must provide the following information in order for us to make a final decision on your case.

Submit evidence that proves the marriage was valid and it was not entered into for immigration purposes. You must submit evidence of a shared life together, and it should cover the time period from July 2017 (when we got married) to the present"

Then they list the evidences we may provide that were listed in the form I-751 that we were supposed to send. I'm gonna list them here and write what I sent from each:

- Documents showing joint ownership of property: My husband and I live in a house he and his brother bought before we got married, so my name is not on the mortgage. Before we got married, we made a 5 year plan to buy our own house but 2020 happened and covid, so my husband got financially hit and selling the house (as well as buying a house) at this time just wasnt feasible, so we moved to 2022. Should we explain this in a letter? I didnt send the house deed this time around (I sent it when I applied for AOS) because my name was not on it. I believe that was one of my mistakes.

- Documents showing shared finances and obligations (such as joint bank accounts), utility bills, joint income taxes, joint insurance policies, etc.: This one was the bulk of our documentation. We have 6 joint accounts for different purposes (one opened when we got married), joint taxes since we got married, car insurance ( I started showing up on the car insurance after I was able to renew my driver's license, when I got my EAD, so it was a few months after we got married), health insurance, and phone bill.

- Birth certificate of children born: no kids yet. We plan on start having kids after we buy our own house.

- Pictures of wedding and other events: This one I sent only 4 because I didnt think it was going to be a big deal. I sent 1 of our wedding, 1 with family, and 2 of trips we made during the 2 years we were married. I'll definitely send more this time around.

- Sworn affidavits: I didnt send any because, with the amount of join financial documentation, I didnt think it was going to be a big deal. I guess it was a big mistake on my end. I will definitely send it this time as well.

- We also have a car but, unfortunately, my name is not on the lease. It was a perfect storm situation. My husband's old car (which predated our marriage) was on its last days back in 2018 but we were saving up to buy a new one and hoping the car would last us until 2019. However, late november 2018 the car officially died down and Black Friday sales were still happening so my husband was able to get another car with a super discount. The problem was that I wasnt in town when this happened (had to go to Brazil) so he got the car while I was away. We do have text conversation of this decision. 

My question is: 

- For the car ownership and house, should we just explain the situation through a letter? We will send the deed for the house this time, even if my name is not in it.

- For the car purchase, should we send the screenshots of our conversation where we discussed the purchase?

- My husband and I are thinking of listing their requests for evidence and explaining each one, kind of like I did here. Is this a good approach?

One thing that striked me in the letter is the "in order for us to make a final decision on your case". I've never received a RFE before this, so i'm not sure if this approach is common but it makes me wonder if the case it's on its final days of approval? Haha one would hope.

One interesting tidbit, I know this is long already haha, but a friend of mine, who was also on the ROC situation, got a RFE and while she was gathering the paperwork, she received the 10 year GC in the mail :D Super strange hahaha

Thank you so much for the help and so sorry for the long message!!

Sorry to hear about your situation!!

I highly recommend to send following items - 

a) Attested affidavits from family member, if possible USC and friends this will act as a solid pillar when you send documents.

b) Send more photos (with dates, location and highlight who are in the photos). And, do not forget to sent photos from the time you  guys started dating.

c) Travel itineraries (with brief info on where and why you were traveling together)

d) Joint tax return transcripts (download from IRS website)

e)  Documents that shows you as a primary beneficiary of following - life insurance, 401k and other insurances.

Regarding your questions, I have never seen someone sending explanation to USCIS except documents to show proof. I would suggest to explain situation about your home ownership and car ownership in an attested affidavit.

Godspeed!

17 hours ago, See7 said:

Definitely send copies of tax returns. This is a must, in my opinion.  And, why do you have 6 bank accounts?  I don’t really want to know, but they may see this as a bit odd. It should be easy to get you listed on the utilities and to put you on the car lease. That would be good evidence. How about a will listing each other beneficiaries. Good luck. I think you’ll be fine if you supply them with more solid evidence. 

Hello guys,I need some information please iam wondering if I get biometrics appointment letter my case was I 751 was transferred to NBC  lee's summit mo on October 2020 and still did not receive biometrics appointment does anyone knows how long it takes to  get biometrics appointment after they sent notice of action?? I appreciate

Great news! I am finally rescheduled for my bio appt. I got the mail today from my congressperson, telling her that my appt will be at Match 18, 10 AM, at my ASC. They have sent a notice to address on file, but the congress office will also ask for a copy of the notice just in case.

17 days since inquiry to Congressperson.

No response to both my e-requests from USCIS to me 

timeline (ROC):

06/29/2020 - package sent with USPS to Dallas lockbox

07/01/2020 - package delivered and signed for 

07/08/2020 - CC charged

07/10/2020 - text message received

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Hi! I  sent my ROC in June and in December I received a mail saying that my application has a new jurisdiction.  In January I received a I 72 from a different location than the jurisdiction mentioned in the December letter. This I 72 also seems very informal: it doesn't have the number of my application or a code bar. How do I know it's not a scam? I tried calling USCIS so many times but without any success..

If I log in into my account or I try to check my status on the USCIS website the most recent notification is the December 2020 one not the I 72 request. 

On 2/20/2021 at 11:58 AM, Fekiryasenifal said:

Hello guys,I need some information please iam wondering if I get biometrics appointment letter my case was I 751 was transferred to NBC  lee's summit mo on October 2020 and still did not receive biometrics appointment does anyone knows how long it takes to  get biometrics appointment after they sent notice of action?? I appreciate

In some cases USICS is using old biometric that they captured during your AOS, it might be worth checking by contacting USCIS.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.