JayDGODITRUST

June 2020 I-751 filers

1,349 posts in this topic

On 2/28/2023 at 6:01 AM, Nanestern said:

KrispyKringle, I did and after submitting it they told me I am not outside of the processing time?! It will be 3 years in June!

i did call USCIS and asked for an info pass appointment in July (my 2 year extension letter was expiring in September 2022) and I got an appointment in December 2022.  I received a stamp in my passport for another extension of 1 year. Is this why they say I am not outside of the processing time? 

Hi @Nanestern

It looks like they have increased the processing time since we submitted that form in September. I can’t remember what it was, but it was outside the processing time that was posted at the time. I checked now and it’s saying 33 months:

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

22AB6DED-17CE-4DA4-B440-5766CBA9BAEC.thumb.jpeg.2917f5294600d1658cf6093f4f0e877a.jpeg

So if you submitted your petition on Jun 1, 2020, and you submitted that “Outside Normal Processing Time” form on Feb 28, 2023, it would have been 32 months:

https://www.timeanddate.com/date/duration.html?d1=30&m1=6&y1=2020&d2=28&m2=2&y2=2023&ti=on&

CFE1EAE3-C959-426A-9847-77DFA64EEAA4.thumb.jpeg.fea34811d10960891a9e92e84d88b216.jpeg

Double check the new processing times, and when it exceeds it (which should be sometime this month, depending on the date in June 2020 you filed) submit the “Outside Normal Processing Time” form again.

Our Journey

April 2013: Met in Nigeria through my cousin. Became friends!

September 2013: Met again in Nigeria

2013-2016: Long-distance friendship

May 2016: Met again in Nigeria. We became a couple!

April 2017: Met again in Nigeria. Engaged!!

August 2017: Traditional wedding ceremony in Nigeria!

September 2017: Religious and official wedding ceremony in Nigeria!

March 2018-April 2018: Met again in Nigeria. Honeymoon!

September 22, 2017: Mailed I-130 to Chicago

September 29, 2017: Received electronic NOA1, file routed to TSC (priority date September 27th)

October 8, 2017: Received hardcopy NOA1

March 20, 2018: Received electronic NOA2

March 29, 2018: Case sent to NVC

March 31, 2018: Received hardcopy NOA2

April 5, 2018: NVC received case

June 6, 2018: Case number assigned and AOS bill received

June 6, 2018: DS-261 submitted and AOS fee paid

June 9, 2018: IV bill received and IV fee paid

June 29, 2018:  Mailed AOS & IV packages 

August 13, 2018: Case Complete! 

August 14, 2018: Received appointment letter

September 6, 2018: Visa interview... visa approved!!

9 minutes ago, Wisconsinbly said:

Oh okay. Like I said, I thought sending them a letter and asking for the petition to be switched to a waiver was enough.

Yeah, it was fine. The decree was not ready and you informed timely. 

Hopefully you'll get that interview scheduled soon. 

We’re heading to Atlanta for our ROC interview next Tuesday. We’re bringing all the continued proof from utilities, bank statements, car and home owner’s insurance, taxes for 2020, 2021, and 2022 and on and on. I’ll update and tell you all how it goes. 

11 hours ago, Allaboutwaiting said:

Feels good to see someone who was interviewed for AOS and will be interviewed for ROC; thought we were the only ones - though we don't have an interview scheduled yet-.

Please share how it went once you're interviewed and GOOD LUCK! 

I sure will. 

• 2 months later...
Timeline
On 2/25/2022 at 1:36 PM, doggieandsam said:

Ahhh that is so frustrating. My ROC got pulled earlier due to my N400. The DC field office though where I am is reporting ~12 months for N400. It's crazy that NC is reporting 4 months but has still not gotten to your case yet. Hoping you hear some good news soon! 

Atlast,I got approved after a long battle from interviewing in April 21 got approved and was reopened for reconsideration amd oath ceremony cancelled, used all the available resources to fight back from congressman, CISombudsman,FOIA,

USCIS ignored me for 10months and suddenly they sent me NOID..

I had get a lawyer here and in my home country..after another 2months waiting..

All my cases were approved,I751 n N400...did my oath fee weeks after...

Was a long battle but I give God all praises....

Please never loose hope...

One for sure is prayer is the key..but PATIENCE IS THE MASTER KEY...

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country:
Timeline

Hey guys,

I received an email today from USCIS. They scheduled my interview for my ROC. Have to wait until the mail comes for the date.  Will update you all.

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline
On 6/13/2023 at 6:37 PM, hannac said:

Hey guys,

I received an email today from USCIS. They scheduled my interview for my ROC. Have to wait until the mail comes for the date.  Will update you all.

So my interview for my ROC is July 25th. Will update you guys on it.

On 5/25/2023 at 7:05 AM, Sterai79 said:

Atlast,I got approved after a long battle from interviewing in April 21 got approved and was reopened for reconsideration amd oath ceremony cancelled, used all the available resources to fight back from congressman, CISombudsman,FOIA,

USCIS ignored me for 10months and suddenly they sent me NOID..

I had get a lawyer here and in my home country..after another 2months waiting..

All my cases were approved,I751 n N400...did my oath fee weeks after...

Was a long battle but I give God all praises....

Please never loose hope...

One for sure is prayer is the key..but PATIENCE IS THE MASTER KEY...

congrats 

duh

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

I just got home from my interview this morning. It went smooth. The officer said to look out for my greencard with 4 weeks time. But I just received this notice. Was this an error? 

Screenshot_20230725_131314_Chrome.jpg

Timeline
11 minutes ago, OldUser said:

@hannac I wouldn't worry too much about it. I've seen this status reported by people after attending interview few times now.

Thank you. I started to get worried because I just left there.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/25/2023 at 1:18 PM, hannac said:

I just got home from my interview this morning. It went smooth. The officer said to look out for my greencard with 4 weeks time. But I just received this notice. Was this an error? 

Did you get your card?  We also had this regarding ROC. We received the card about 2 weeks later. 

Just now, Diane and Chris said:

Did you get your card?  We also had this regarding ROC. We received the card about 2 weeks later. 

After interview, I should say. 

so, you filed for I751 in June 2020? (MSC)

When tomorrow starts without me..

please try to understand, That an Angel came and called

my name, and took me by the hand; The angel said my

place was ready, In Heaven far above, And that I'd have

to leave behind all those I dearly love. But when I walked 

through Heaven's Gates, I felt so much at home, for God

looked down, smiled at me, And told me "Welcome Home."

So when tomorrow starts without me, 

Don't think we're far apart, for every time you think of me,

I'm right there in your heart.

• 2 months later...
Timeline
On 8/14/2023 at 11:58 AM, Diane and Chris said:

After interview, I should say. 

Yes. The card came in a few days.

On 8/14/2023 at 1:40 PM, AnotherLove said:

so, you filed for I751 in June 2020? (MSC)

Yep

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.