JayDGODITRUST

June 2020 I-751 filers

1,349 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Rose Iaquinto said:

This is the most frustrating thing ever! No Tier 2 agent because it was past 9pm and there was noone they could contact. He did receive his extension letter thankfully, but I will be calling back in the next 30 days since I'm sure I wont be getting an update from them anytime soon 😕 I wish everyone would just get processed fast and efficiently, and not have to wait around this whole time. We are paying all this money and they are still slow as snails.

@Rose Iaquinto best time to call them to get Tier 2 is before noon. I agree wait time for both the processing of an application and on hold to get to an agent is ridiculous!  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
On 10/13/2020 at 2:38 PM, See7 said:

@Rose Iaquinto best time to call them to get Tier 2 is before noon. I agree wait time for both the processing of an application and on hold to get to an agent is ridiculous!  

Thank you for letting me know! I will try that.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

I randomly checked my case today on the USCIS website and found that they updated it to show that my finger prints on file have been applied to my application to remove conditions. The update says the fingerprints were applied on Aug 25th!! So these guys are letting me know two months after the fact! haha. I have been checking almost every week since filing and there was nothing. Anyways, at least there is movement. My service center is SRC

10/16/2015-------Started Dating ( we had met in person in 2012 and been friends thru the years)

11/12/2016------- Met in person again

11/14/2016------- Got engaged

12/01/2016------ I-129F Mailed to Lewisville, TX

12/05/2016------ NOA 1 Text message

12/08/2016------ NOA 1 Hard copy

03/08/2017------ NOA 2 On USCIS website

03/21/2017------ NVC Recieves

03/22/2017------ Case # assigned and sent to Embassy 

03/28/2017------ Case Reaches the embassy and updated on the CEAC website as "Ready"

04/10/2017------ Calls embassy to inquire about interview slot and told there is none.....Case last updated on CEAC website, still says "Ready"

I received an email a few days ago stating that our case is ready to be scheduled for interview. Has anyone else received this notice?  

Timeline
10 hours ago, Diane and Chris said:

I received an email a few days ago stating that our case is ready to be scheduled for interview. Has anyone else received this notice?  

wow thats awesome! what office is your case in?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 10/26/2020 at 9:28 PM, Diane and Chris said:

Holy moly, this is super fast! That's awesome! 

I haven't even received my Biometrics letter yet haha, your case is moving super fast, awesome news!

ROC:

June 27, 2020 - Sent packet via USPS

July 3, 2020 - Case Received (California Service Center)

August 5, 2020 - NOA Received

January 6, 2021: Case Transferred to NBC Office

July 6, 2021: Previous biometrics reused

October 12, 2021: Interview Scheduled for November 8, 2021

November 8, 2021: Permanent Green Card Approved!

Timeline (From J-1 visa to Adjustment of Status):

Juy 3rd 2017 - Got Married!

July 8th 2017 - Mailed AOS packet

July 11th 2017 - PD

August 14th 2017 - Biometrics Appt (for I-485)

August 21th 2017 - Biometrics (for I-765)

August 24th 2017 - Updated online for Case Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

October 16th 2017 - Advance Parole Approved (after 100 days)

October 20th 2017 - Received Advance Parole in the mail

November 16th 2017 - 'New Card Is Being Produced' (after 108 days)

November 25th 2017 - Received EAD in the mail

August 16th, 2018 - Status Changed to "Interview Was Scheduled"

August 25th, 2018 - Interview Scheduled For September 25, 2018

September 25th, 2018 - Green Card Approved at Interview

October 3rd, 2018 - Received Green Card In The Mail

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hey guys! I'd like to get a few tips from you on how to reach a Tier 2 agent on USCIS :D  I dont know how but last time I called (early October) about  my Biometrics Letter, I was able to be connected to a live agent saying that I should receive my letter by October 27th and if I dont, to contact them again.

I didnt receive it and now I'm trying to talk to them again but it's always the automatic assistant (who  can't help me in this situation) and when I repeat saying I need to speak to a live agent after  we went through all the options, the assistant says something like 'looks like I cant help you. Im going to disconnect this call' and the call ends.

Any idea on what words I need to say in order to get to a Tier 2? I  dont recall being this  difficult the first time. Do you  have any tips @See7 ? :)  

Edited by izavox

ROC:

June 27, 2020 - Sent packet via USPS

July 3, 2020 - Case Received (California Service Center)

August 5, 2020 - NOA Received

January 6, 2021: Case Transferred to NBC Office

July 6, 2021: Previous biometrics reused

October 12, 2021: Interview Scheduled for November 8, 2021

November 8, 2021: Permanent Green Card Approved!

Timeline (From J-1 visa to Adjustment of Status):

Juy 3rd 2017 - Got Married!

July 8th 2017 - Mailed AOS packet

July 11th 2017 - PD

August 14th 2017 - Biometrics Appt (for I-485)

August 21th 2017 - Biometrics (for I-765)

August 24th 2017 - Updated online for Case Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

October 16th 2017 - Advance Parole Approved (after 100 days)

October 20th 2017 - Received Advance Parole in the mail

November 16th 2017 - 'New Card Is Being Produced' (after 108 days)

November 25th 2017 - Received EAD in the mail

August 16th, 2018 - Status Changed to "Interview Was Scheduled"

August 25th, 2018 - Interview Scheduled For September 25, 2018

September 25th, 2018 - Green Card Approved at Interview

October 3rd, 2018 - Received Green Card In The Mail

Timeline
39 minutes ago, Rose Iaquinto said:

Has anyone received any MSC updates yet for Biometrics or anything else? I am still left in the dark with my husbands case.

guys, just want to provide you with my chat history from USCIS - they basically said that the MSC = the NBC and the NBC will be the ones to make the decision on the lifting conditions case. The case will not get transferred anywhere apparently. Biometrics from previous cases will not be applied to the current case according to this person who I was chatting with and we cannot tracking the processing times for the NBC.

Responses from the agent begin on the left side 

My responses are indented/tabbed  

How may I help you today?
                    Im looking for an update as I have not received a notification about my biometrics. I called USCIS and an agent also put in a request for me and I have not received any correspondence about it I also have a referral number from the previous agent
           Is my previous biometrics from when I first received my green card going to be applied to my current case.
At this time there is no indication that previous data will be used. You have enough processing time for them to be completed.
              okay so when will I receive my notification about it since it has been more than 30 days?
               I also called about this and a USCIS agent gave me a referral number and told me to contact you again if I do not receive a notification, and I have not received any correspondence yet.
The service request you are referring to was created on October 6, I would contact 30 days after that if you've not received anything.
              okay but thats only about a week away
It is.
                 do you not have an update?
Didn't you just get a response from a SR?
                  no i did not
                    i havent received a response or anything
It was in response to the receipt, I see.
                    sorry what do you mean?
                    I have only received the receipt and the green card extension letter but nothing else after that
                   are you able to provide me with whatever that correspondence was/?*
You created a request in June and it was looked at by someone in October. It was in regards to the receipt.
June was when the paperwork was filed to get my conditions lifted on the greencard

At this time, you need to continue to wait for a response about your biometrics. The processing time being 18+ months, there is time for them to be completed.
                                okay
                            when will my case be transferred to an actual office
Would you like to learn how to create a USCIS online account that gives you access to our self-help tools anytime and on any device?
                      there is no way to track the MSC online
                         not at this time thanks
                     ive done that before
          how can i track the MSC office and when will my case be transferred to an actual field office so that I can track the processing itme time*
You can't track when it will be sent to a field office. The field office doesn't issue a decision.
                who issues the decision?
The NBC in this case.
                 yes but there is no tool online to track the processing time with the NBC
It's where it will remain throughout the processing.
      so how am i supposed to track the processing times for the NBC if there is no way to do that on the uscis website?
Processing times as of right now is between 18 and 24 months.
             okay but how do I track that on my own?
                is there a way to expedite my processing
You filed in June 2020, so I would go by 18 months from that. Next December would be around 18 months.
                i am an essential worker, does that account for anything to request an expedite
It doesn't for this type of case because they provide you with temporary proof to still be able to work.
ugh
this processing and waiting just seems ridiculous by the time 18 months comes around I will be able to apply for my citizenship
just wish USCIS was more efficient
so I have to wait until november 6 to see if i receive correspondence about my biometrics
They are efficient because you can still work or travel with it pending.
                                      and what happens if i do not receive any correspondence
Yes, and then you may have to wait some more for the actual appointment. Again, you have proof to work or travel so it's okay that at this time they haven't been taken. There is plenty of processing time left.
                       sure from that perspective yes but from the perspective of waiting 18 months to come to a decision is quite nerve wrecking and provides applicants with a lot of axniety
okay thanks im all set
thanks for your time
Thank you for contacting USCIS Contact Center. To save yourself some time, we invite you to explore our online tools at uscis.gov/tools the next time you need to contact us. You can access the same information on that site anytime without the wait. Enjoy the rest of your day!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
40 minutes ago, Rose Iaquinto said:

guys, just want to provide you with my chat history from USCIS - they basically said that the MSC = the NBC and the NBC will be the ones to make the decision on the lifting conditions case. The case will not get transferred anywhere apparently. Biometrics from previous cases will not be applied to the current case according to this person who I was chatting with and we cannot tracking the processing times for the NBC.

Responses from the agent begin on the left side 

My responses are indented/tabbed  

How may I help you today?
                    Im looking for an update as I have not received a notification about my biometrics. I called USCIS and an agent also put in a request for me and I have not received any correspondence about it I also have a referral number from the previous agent
           Is my previous biometrics from when I first received my green card going to be applied to my current case.
At this time there is no indication that previous data will be used. You have enough processing time for them to be completed.
              okay so when will I receive my notification about it since it has been more than 30 days?
               I also called about this and a USCIS agent gave me a referral number and told me to contact you again if I do not receive a notification, and I have not received any correspondence yet.
The service request you are referring to was created on October 6, I would contact 30 days after that if you've not received anything.
              okay but thats only about a week away
It is.
                 do you not have an update?
Didn't you just get a response from a SR?
                  no i did not
                    i havent received a response or anything
It was in response to the receipt, I see.
                    sorry what do you mean?
                    I have only received the receipt and the green card extension letter but nothing else after that
                   are you able to provide me with whatever that correspondence was/?*
You created a request in June and it was looked at by someone in October. It was in regards to the receipt.
June was when the paperwork was filed to get my conditions lifted on the greencard

At this time, you need to continue to wait for a response about your biometrics. The processing time being 18+ months, there is time for them to be completed.
                                okay
                            when will my case be transferred to an actual office
Would you like to learn how to create a USCIS online account that gives you access to our self-help tools anytime and on any device?
                      there is no way to track the MSC online
                         not at this time thanks
                     ive done that before
          how can i track the MSC office and when will my case be transferred to an actual field office so that I can track the processing itme time*
You can't track when it will be sent to a field office. The field office doesn't issue a decision.
                who issues the decision?
The NBC in this case.
                 yes but there is no tool online to track the processing time with the NBC
It's where it will remain throughout the processing.
      so how am i supposed to track the processing times for the NBC if there is no way to do that on the uscis website?
Processing times as of right now is between 18 and 24 months.
             okay but how do I track that on my own?
                is there a way to expedite my processing
You filed in June 2020, so I would go by 18 months from that. Next December would be around 18 months.
                i am an essential worker, does that account for anything to request an expedite
It doesn't for this type of case because they provide you with temporary proof to still be able to work.
ugh
this processing and waiting just seems ridiculous by the time 18 months comes around I will be able to apply for my citizenship
just wish USCIS was more efficient
so I have to wait until november 6 to see if i receive correspondence about my biometrics
They are efficient because you can still work or travel with it pending.
                                      and what happens if i do not receive any correspondence
Yes, and then you may have to wait some more for the actual appointment. Again, you have proof to work or travel so it's okay that at this time they haven't been taken. There is plenty of processing time left.
                       sure from that perspective yes but from the perspective of waiting 18 months to come to a decision is quite nerve wrecking and provides applicants with a lot of axniety
okay thanks im all set
thanks for your time
Thank you for contacting USCIS Contact Center. To save yourself some time, we invite you to explore our online tools at uscis.gov/tools the next time you need to contact us. You can access the same information on that site anytime without the wait. Enjoy the rest of your day!

Thanks for the insight!! I am not sure if I would go with what the representative is saying. MSC or any other service center has to send the papers to local office for interview process and biometrics (not sure but I am guessing). As far as I have seen all those who had their spousal interview in another country will 99% have another interview together. And for that interview to take place the papers have to be transferred to the local office. So I am not sure how the representative said that decisions are made in NBC. That implies that its predetermined and interview would be a formality... 🤷‍♀️

My timeline

ROC

6-08-20 I-751 Package sent

6-09-20 I-751 Package received 

06-15-20 Received text with receipt number (MSC-XXX)

06-16-20 Check cashed 

07-09-20 Called USCIS to enquire about NOA-1. Was told it was sent on 07-01-20.

07-11-20 Received 18-month extension letter NOA dated 06-30-20

05-03-20 Received Biometric Appointment scheduled for May24th (NY/NJ area)

CR-1

6-16-17 I-130 sent 

6-20-17 received NOA 1 Texas Service Center

1-24-18 NOA 2 approved 

2-23-18 NVC Received my case

3-30-18 Case Number Assigned

4-3-18 Welcome Letter email from NVC

4-4-18 Paid AOS and IV Fees 

4-10-18 Sent AOS package and Civil Documents 

4-11-18 NVC Processed all fees and Completed D260 form 

4-12-18 NVC Received packet 

4-13-18 NVC Scanned all documents

4-25-18 Case Complete at NVC ("At NVC")

4-26-18 Interview Scheduled (I called to find out

4-28-18 Received P4 from NVC

6-15-18 Interview Date! 

221G given on interview

6-26-18 Issued (Finally!)

On 10/28/2020 at 8:28 AM, izavox said:

Hey guys! I'd like to get a few tips from you on how to reach a Tier 2 agent on USCIS :D  I dont know how but last time I called (early October) about  my Biometrics Letter, I was able to be connected to a live agent saying that I should receive my letter by October 27th and if I dont, to contact them again.

I didnt receive it and now I'm trying to talk to them again but it's always the automatic assistant (who  can't help me in this situation) and when I repeat saying I need to speak to a live agent after  we went through all the options, the assistant says something like 'looks like I cant help you. Im going to disconnect this call' and the call ends.

Any idea on what words I need to say in order to get to a Tier 2? I  dont recall being this  difficult the first time. Do you  have any tips @See7 ? :)  

@izavox there is no way to get directly to tier 2 (AFAIK) thus when you call tier 1 ask them to connect to tier 2 with a reasoning.

Below is the response from CSC on my Service Request that was opened by Tier 1 agent to schedule an appointment - 

On 10/12/2020, you contacted USCIS concerning your I-751 to notify us that you have not received your biometrics appointment notice. Below is a summary of what we found and how the issue has been or may be resolved.
Thank you for your inquiry regarding an appointment to have your biometric images processed at an Application Support Center (ASC). On March 18, 2020, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services has suspended all biometrics appointments. As of the date of this letter, some ASC offices have re-opened in a limited capacity. However, not all ASC locations have re-opened fully.

Please visit our website for possible USCIS office closures: https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/uscis-office-closings .

As of March 30, 2020, USCIS May reuse previously submitted biometrics for certain form types including I-765 Application for Employment Authorization (EAD). This Management Directive is limited to the period during the COVID-19 pandemic and will automatically expire on Oct. 31, 2020, unless expressly extended by the USCIS deputy director for policy.

I contacted USCIS today (surprisingly no wait time) and as per the agent even though ASC has opened they are currently working on backlog which is adding delay to schedule an appointment.

Well, I think now there is no point for me to contact USCIS and get same answer!!

For all MSC filers who obviously have to somewhat rely on the processing times of field offices, according to the above conversations, here is the latest estimate of the processing times of ALL field offices for I-751, according to egov. I think this is totally independent of whether or not biometrics have been taken or interviews can be scheduled.

86C5E99D-228C-4911-A4DA-FF80FAA5E52E.jpeg

timeline (ROC):

06/29/2020 - package sent with USPS to Dallas lockbox

07/01/2020 - package delivered and signed for 

07/08/2020 - CC charged

07/10/2020 - text message received

Timeline
On 10/30/2020 at 9:49 AM, rajeejunie said:

Thanks for the insight!! I am not sure if I would go with what the representative is saying. MSC or any other service center has to send the papers to local office for interview process and biometrics (not sure but I am guessing). As far as I have seen all those who had their spousal interview in another country will 99% have another interview together. And for that interview to take place the papers have to be transferred to the local office. So I am not sure how the representative said that decisions are made in NBC. That implies that its predetermined and interview would be a formality... 🤷‍♀️

I dont know either... I feel like noone really knows what the process truly is lol

I can't believe it !!!! 

It is the a Thanksgiving and Christmas's gift !!!

Yayyyyyyyyyyyy

20201102_172647.jpg

ROC

- Mailed June 27,2020

- Delivered July 1, 2020

- SMS with Case Nr. SRC  and Check cashed July 8, 2020 

- NOA received July 20,2020- NOA dated July 14,2020

-Fingersprinting applied notification - Aug 10,2020

- Card being produced - Nov 2, 2020

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.