Nature Boy 2.0

Trump says he's ordered DOJ, FBI to investigate George Floyd's death, calls it a 'very, very sad' situation (merged)

123 posts in this topic

This one seems closer to when MLK was shot, more violence and damage and all over the place, not limited to

whete the flashpoint occurred

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Randyandyuni said:

This one seems closer to when MLK was shot, more violence and damage and all over the place, not limited to

whete the flashpoint occurred

Yes, a lot of protests in Detroit based on a woman from a Moorish Nationalist movement and the Minneapolis event.  Reading the local papers, it seems the local woman was biting a police officer, and he umm smacked her, then she started claiming she couldn’t breathe.  Also, most of the protesters in Detroit are not locals at least according to the local media sources.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

4 hours ago, OriZ said:

Also, not seeing anyone on the left comment on the lack of social distancing?

Looks like we have an answer.. 

AG Bill Barr: Violence Appears Planned by Far-Left Groups Using ‘Antifa-Like Tactics’

“Unfortunately with the rioting that is occurring in many of our cities around the country, the voices of peaceful protests are being hijacked by violent radical elements. Groups of outside radical agitators are exploiting the situation to pursue their own separate and violent agenda,”

Minneapolis Gov. Tim Walz called on protesters to disperse early Saturday morning after a nonviolent demonstration there turned to riots, looting, and vandalization.

“The absolute chaos — this is not grieving, and this is not making a statement [about an injustice] that we fully acknowledge needs to be fixed — this is dangerous,” he said. “You need to go home.”

Walz stated that he spoke with Floyd’s family, who said the violence that had overtaken the city was counterproductive to the message activists were trying to send about the 46-year-old’s death.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/05/30/ag-bill-barr-violence-appears-planned-far-left-groups-using-antifa-like-tactics/

2 hours ago, Dashinka said:

It won’t satisfy the protestors.

You mean the looters and rioters 

14 minutes ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

Just because there is rioting and looting associated with some of the protests doesn't mean that all the protests are that way. We had a peaceful protest here on Thursday afternoon, no arrests, nothing. https://smmirror.com/2020/05/george-floyd-protesters-take-to-santa-monicas-streets/

On the other hand, downtown LA is not a place I would want to be. I reached out to Voldy this morning when I heard what was going on -- he lives in pretty much the epicenter of what was happening, at 8th and Olive. I am not a monster and I do worry for his safety. He said he felt safe enough last night (he lives on the 31st floor of his building) but he wasn't risking anything. He has gone to stay with a friend back in Pasadena to go ride it all out. He said it was insane watching what was going on, fires, noise of alarms and sirens and shouting he could even hear that high up and through his windows. 

However I just got word that things are insane over at the Grove, police cars on fire, and some talk of Proud Boys instigating things. This is in like the past half hour. Things like this aren't supposed to start around the Grove. It's really nice over there! I feel safe here in Santa Monica, it really is unlikely to become a hotspot but if it does, we agreed that we are jumping in the car and going to my sister's in the Valley, pending COVID19 results or no. We can just isolate in the backhouse there if need be.

Stay safe all of you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
7 hours ago, OriZ said:

not seeing anyone on the left comment on the lack of social distancing

Posted a thread about this just a while ago.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
50 minutes ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

Yes

16 minutes ago, laylalex said:

Just because there is rioting and looting associated with some of the protests doesn't mean that all the protests are that way. We had a peaceful protest here on Thursday afternoon, no arrests, nothing. https://smmirror.com/2020/05/george-floyd-protesters-take-to-santa-monicas-streets/

On the other hand, downtown LA is not a place I would want to be. I reached out to Voldy this morning when I heard what was going on -- he lives in pretty much the epicenter of what was happening, at 8th and Olive. I am not a monster and I do worry for his safety. He said he felt safe enough last night (he lives on the 31st floor of his building) but he wasn't risking anything. He has gone to stay with a friend back in Pasadena to go ride it all out. He said it was insane watching what was going on, fires, noise of alarms and sirens and shouting he could even hear that high up and through his windows. 

However I just got word that things are insane over at the Grove, police cars on fire, and some talk of Proud Boys instigating things. This is in like the past half hour. Things like this aren't supposed to start around the Grove. It's really nice over there! I feel safe here in Santa Monica, it really is unlikely to become a hotspot but if it does, we agreed that we are jumping in the car and going to my sister's in the Valley, pending COVID19 results or no. We can just isolate in the backhouse there if need be.

Stay safe all of you.

The point is, as with any protest, once the violence and lawlessness starts in the name of the protest, the message is completely lost.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, Dashinka said:

Yes

The point is, as with any protest, once the violence and lawlessness starts in the name of the protest, the message is completely lost.

I don't disagree with you. The Grove protest was peaceful until... it wasn't. I keep hearing about outside agitators causing the bulk of the problem in Minnesota, and that the mayor of St. Paul said that everyone arrested there on Friday was from out of state. People of ALL stripes who have axes to grind or unrest to inflame are using the protests as cover, to create havoc of their own and to join in what's springing from anger about Floyd and others. It's too early to say that everyone who is looting and rioting is from one camp or another. There's way too much confusion -- which is what those who are seeking to inflame passions are relying on. We can condemn the violence I think without pointing fingers in only one or two directions.

Curfew has been announced in downtown LA, West Hollywood and Beverly Hills. Not that we're going anywhere anyway, but tonight's a good night I think to open up a couple of bottles and stay put.

And now we have one too. https://www.santamonica.gov/press/2020/05/30/city-of-santa-monica-curfew-effective-saturday-may-30

We're watching what's happening only a few miles from here and it's so disheartening. There's been no reliable reporting about what caused things to go from peaceful to the Grove getting smashed up and now a nail salon on Melrose burning down. The Whole Foods at the Farmer's Market and the Nordstrom looted. Same with the Alexander McQueen store in Beverly Hills. Culver City declared a state of emergency.

It's going to be a long night here.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 minutes ago, laylalex said:

And now we have one too. https://www.santamonica.gov/press/2020/05/30/city-of-santa-monica-curfew-effective-saturday-may-30

We're watching what's happening only a few miles from here and it's so disheartening. There's been no reliable reporting about what caused things to go from peaceful to the Grove getting smashed up and now a nail salon on Melrose burning down. The Whole Foods at the Farmer's Market and the Nordstrom looted. Same with the Alexander McQueen store in Beverly Hills. Culver City declared a state of emergency.

It's going to be a long night here.

this is why alex needs guns.  i recommend a 12 gauge.  i can probably find you one that has a bayonet lug and the bayonet for it.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

38 minutes ago, Ban Hammer said:

this is why alex needs guns.  i recommend a 12 gauge.  i can probably find you one that has a bayonet lug and the bayonet for it.

I wasnt sure what to get out of the safe. So I got an AR 5.56 2-30 round mags. An assault shotgun and a glock 17.

I think that pairs well with thug looters with a side of Corona virus.

46 minutes ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

I wasnt sure what to get out of the safe. So I got an AR 5.56 2-30 round mags. An assault shotgun and a glock 17.

I think that pairs well with thug looters with a side of Corona virus.

I did have to take out my pistol today but that was due to a snake underneath the deck that I had to take care of. I always have an AK with a fully loaded mag with HPs at the ready if need be. 

1 hour ago, Ban Hammer said:

I read this to him. He said he is sorely tempted but he is more concerned with what his wife-to-be wants at home. And if she says no, it's sadly a no.

On the other hand I have agreed that once life gets back to normal he can get a rifle for shooting and hunting. We are trying to figure out how/where to store it. I am not completely unreasonable but I want to make sure that we have a compromise. We are fine and secure here in this building -- we have security here. And believe me, nothing happens in SM. Mostly property crime things like people leaving car doors unlocked.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
1 hour ago, laylalex said:

he is more concerned with what his wife-to-be wants at home

Congratulations on early insertion of the "ring in the nose," LL ma'am!

He should practice saying (to the point of reflexive expertise), "Yes, Dear," "No, Dear," "Whatever you say, Dear."

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).