Nature Boy 2.0

Trump says he's ordered DOJ, FBI to investigate George Floyd's death, calls it a 'very, very sad' situation (merged)

123 posts in this topic

Minneapolis police chief said he wouldn't stop rioters and looters because its too much a safety risk to police officers. Just in case you needed a reminder of one of the reasons the second amendment is so useful, the cops are busy protecting themselves to bother doing anything about these dangerous people. So you have a likely rise of store owners armed and hired/volunteer armed assistance.

Watching fake news, celebrities, do their best to incite race wars/conflicts, miserable people upset because they haven't been getting their way, so they sow as much chaos as possible.

khOEJq4.png

Even in a case where the vast majority of people can agree, and come together, on the fact that this cop committed a crime and should pay the price, there's significant institutions trying to divide and destabilize.. they've predictably tried this on practically every issue, wish the populace would stop taking the obvious bait.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
59 minutes ago, Randyandyuni said:

I see ms fisher being returned by her chosen group

yeah apparently she hasn't caught on to the reality of a race war.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Burnt Reynolds said:

Minneapolis police chief said he wouldn't stop rioters and looters because its too much a safety risk to police officers. Just in case you needed a reminder of one of the reasons the second amendment is so useful, the cops are busy protecting themselves to bother doing anything about these dangerous people. So you have a likely rise of store owners armed and hired/volunteer armed assistance.

Watching fake news, celebrities, do their best to incite race wars/conflicts, miserable people upset because they haven't been getting their way, so they sow as much chaos as possible.

khOEJq4.png

Even in a case where the vast majority of people can agree, and come together, on the fact that this cop committed a crime and should pay the price, there's significant institutions trying to divide and destabilize.. they've predictably tried this on practically every issue, wish the populace would stop taking the obvious bait.

he can think that, but it won't stop him from getting shot.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

54 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

probably staged. I dont trust anything cnn does or says

1 hour ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

probably staged. I dont trust anything cnn does or says

NB: Omar is a very kind-hearted kid that's well known in B'more. He's a good honest kid and very hard worker that loves beat reporting. It wasn't staged and he wasn't disrespectful to anyone. Things happen during riots and get way out of hand... I remember this stuff happening during our riots too especially before they had a protocol in place for where reporting crews should stand. 

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

2 hours ago, payxibka said:

He's now been arrested and in custody

Indeed..

Minneapolis cop who knelt on handcuffed black man George Floyd charged with 3rd degree murder, manslaughter

Derek Chauvin, the Minneapolis police officer seen kneeling on George Floyd's neck until he could not breathe, has been charged with 3rd degree murder and manslaughter, Hennepin County Attorney Mike Freeman announced Friday afternoon.

Freeman said the evidence against Chauvin includes video from a bystander's cell phone, body camera footage as well as statements from witnesses and a preliminary report from the medical examiner.

"We felt in our professional judgment that it was time to charge and we have so done it," Freeman said.

He later added he expected additional charges to be brought against the other officers involved in the incident, but did not go into detail.

Chauvin's arrest follows three days of protests across Minneapolis that led to looting, violence and a police precinct being torched.

Freeman also defended the speed of the arrest against Chauvin.

"This is by far the fastest we have ever charged a police officer," he said. "Normally these cases take nine months to a year. We have to charge these cases very carefully because we have a difficult burden of proof."

According to the criminal complaint against Chauvin, Floyd's autopsy showed he did not die from strangulation alone but a combination of being restrained along with various underlying medical conditions including heart disease and hypertension.

Unless some evidence comes out showing something significant, I agree with these charges and with the video alone seems like a slam dunk.

What I'm also interested in is what the other cops might be charged with.

Edited by Burnt Reynolds

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
26 minutes ago, Burnt Reynolds said:

Indeed..

Unless some evidence comes out showing something significant, I agree with these charges and with the video alone seems like a slam dunk.

What I'm also interested in is what the other cops might be charged with.

The district attorney said that it is entirely possible that higher levels charges are possible,  but this is what they can charge today.

YMMV

Timeline

Medical examiner concludes George Floyd didn't die of asphyxia

In the charges brought against former Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin on Friday, a new finding shows the county medical examiner concluded the death of George Floyd was not a result of asphyxia or strangulation.

Floyd's underlying health conditions included coronary artery disease and hypertensive heart disease. The report says the underlying health conditions in addition to the restraint by Chauvin and any possible intoxicants in Floyd's system likely contributed to his death.

more at https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/medical-examiner-concludes-george-floyd-didnt-die-of-asphyxia

in other words, he died from covid-19

Edited by Ban Hammer

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline

oh this is gonna be good

Amy Klobuchar once failed to prosecute Derek Chauvin, cop in Floyd death

Former Democratic presidential candidate and potential vice presidential pick Amy Klobuchar failed to get charges brought against the police officer involved in George Floyd’s death while serving as a county attorney in 2006, prompting criticism of her law enforcement background.

Derek Chauvin, the officer seen on video with a knee on Floyd’s neck Monday as Floyd begged for air, was one of six officers who fatally shot 42-year-old Wayne Reyes in 2006 after the man brandished a shotgun at the cops, according to a report by Minneapolis watchdog group Communities United Against Police Brutality.

more at https://nypost.com/2020/05/29/amy-klobuchar-previously-declined-to-prosecute-cop/

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

59 minutes ago, Ban Hammer said:

Medical examiner concludes George Floyd didn't die of asphyxia

In the charges brought against former Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin on Friday, a new finding shows the county medical examiner concluded the death of George Floyd was not a result of asphyxia or strangulation.

Floyd's underlying health conditions included coronary artery disease and hypertensive heart disease. The report says the underlying health conditions in addition to the restraint by Chauvin and any possible intoxicants in Floyd's system likely contributed to his death.

more at https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/medical-examiner-concludes-george-floyd-didnt-die-of-asphyxia

in other words, he died from covid-19

It's a preliminary report, so nothing is conclusive yet. Full results take  ~10-14 days, possibly longer if toxicology tests are also done. I'm not sure that they were looking at asphyxiation being the primary cause of death. It's fairly obvious that it's carotid artery compression caused decreased oxygen to the brain, and ultimately death. You can see it happening on the video. It's a known risk of using that type of restraint, and why they are not supposed to even use it anymore.

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an