Gar9

Parents of US Citizens cases under I-130 (IR-5) have been left out in the current Executive Order .

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

Parents of US Citizens who are generally Old age peoples above 65+ years have been left out in the current Executive Order .  Are they not part of family ? Will they eat aways jobs of others . We all have filed I-130 for our respective parents with a hope to form our complete family .  It is realy painful .

This new topic is being created , so that affected persons can express / share their views .

It's more of not being left out of it. The EO prob hits entry by immigrants. They are left out of the exceptions to it.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

40 minutes ago, Gar9 said:

Parents of US Citizens who are generally Old age peoples above 65+ years have been left out in the current Executive Order .  Are they not part of family ? Will they eat aways jobs of others . We all have filed I-130 for our respective parents with a hope to form our complete family .  It is realy painful .

This new topic is being created , so that affected persons can express / share their views .

Unfortunately it’s not just about jobs, The EO also mentions the health care system, which would be applicable to over 65’s

AOS Journey

• I-485 etc filed 23 April 2020 
  • NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021
  • EAD approved 12 March 2021
  • Interview Completed 24 March 2021
  • EAD Card Received 1 April 2021  
  • Case under review 2 April 2021
  • New Card is Being Produced 25 September 2021
  • 10 Year Green Card Approved and Mailed 27 September 2021 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

India won’t allow commercial flights to operate until it is confident that the coronavirus outbreak is under control, the aviation minister said, piling further pressure on the country’s cash-strapped airlines.

The ban will be lifted only when the government determines that the virus is no longer a threat, Hardeep Singh Puri wrote in a Twitter post. Airlines had been selling tickets in advance even though the government said there’d been no decision on allowing them to operate, Puri wrote in a series of tweets. Airlines will be given “sufficient notice and time” to resume flights, he said.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-04-19/india-asks-airlines-to-stop-sales-before-lockdown-curbs-lifted

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

9 hours ago, Duke & Marie said:

Unfortunately it’s not just about jobs, The EO also mentions the health care system, which would be applicable to over 65’s

(removed) 65 is the new 50!!!!!!! 👍

Edited by Unlockable
Inappropriate language disguised by symbols

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

1 hour ago, Boiler said:

Yep, I know some 50 year old who could easily pass for 65 with the medical issues to go with it.

No no you got it backwards!!!!😊

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

9 hours ago, Duke & Marie said:

The EO is neither of these things. Whether you agree or disagree with it -- in my opinion, it is entirely just "rea meat" for his base because it is too narrowly focused. If it was about protecting jobs, why so many exceptions. Secondly, "most" immigrants migrate to US more healthier than most Americans. Why? Because of all the vaccinations (there are millions of anti-vax citizens), medical exams, and are bared from being awarded a visa if posses many types of diseases and sickness that plague many Americans. So those two arguments are warrant less.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
3 minutes ago, vincentlina said:

The EO is neither of these things. Whether you agree or disagree with it -- in my opinion, it is entirely just "rea meat" for his base because it is too narrowly focused. If it was about protecting jobs, why so many exceptions. Secondly, "most" immigrants migrate to US more healthier than most Americans. Why? Because of all the vaccinations (there are millions of anti-vax citizens), medical exams, and are bared from being awarded a visa if posses many types of diseases and sickness that plague many Americans. So those two arguments are warrant less.

Seems rea is actually a meat cut, did not know that, how can it be a for his base when as you say it does not really do much? Now the impact of the Pandemic I assume will produce a major world wide recession which will have major implications. But in all sorts of areas.

Not so sure about the second point,  after all a substantial number of immigrants have not been through the medical process and whilst nobody knows the number certainly more than 10 million.

I for one had all the jabs, well I think I needed one booster. Which I should probably have had done anyway. There is also a waiver which you see occasionally. I doubt it is statistically significant.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

*** Please remember to post accordingly or administrative action will be taken.

VJ Moderation

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline
15 hours ago, Gar9 said:

Interesting that parents are called as "Immediate Relatives" but aren't technically so.  With the new public charge rule and route of privately buying health insurance it makes no sense to make the EO apply for people outside the US. EO would actually make sense for people in the US on state sponsored health care "affecting" (If he believes so)the healthcare system. 

This entire EO is just eyewash and doesn't really solve he problem its supposed to be intended for. It adheres to the purpose if the ban was on H-1 and H-4 EAD

image.png.e002a5889381b830c715de579879c851.png

9 minutes ago, vkrishn said:

Interesting that parents are called as "Immediate Relatives" but aren't technically so.  With the new public charge rule and route of privately buying health insurance it makes no sense to make the EO apply for people outside the US. EO would actually make sense for people in the US on state sponsored health care "affecting" (If he believes so)the healthcare system.

They are technically immediate relatives. They are defined as such by the INA directly. The EO does not claim to exempt immediate relatives.

The main reason I suspect the EO doesn't impact anybody in the US is because he has no authority to do so. The INA has a clause allowing him to restrict entry to any class of alien (INA 212(f)). It does not have a clause to restrict benefits to those within the US.

(f) Suspension of entry or imposition of restrictions by President

Whenever the President finds that the entry of any aliens or of any class of aliens into the United States would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, he may by proclamation, and for such period as he shall deem necessary, suspend the entry of all aliens or any class of aliens as immigrants or nonimmigrants, or impose on the entry of aliens any restrictions he may deem to be appropriate. Whenever the Attorney General finds that a commercial airline has failed to comply with regulations of the Attorney General relating to requirements of airlines for the detection of fraudulent documents used by passengers traveling to the United States (including the training of personnel in such detection), the Attorney General may suspend the entry of some or all aliens transported to the United States by such airline.

Edited by geowrian

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

Timeline
2 minutes ago, geowrian said:

They are technically immediate relatives. They are defined as such by the INA directly. The EO does not claim to exempt immediate relatives.

The main reason I suspect the EO doesn't impact anybody in the US is because he has no authority to do so. The INA has a clause allowing him to restrict entry to any class of alien (INA 212(f)). It does not have a clause to restrict benefits to those within the US.

Read this. 

"Far and away the primary immediate impact is that parents will be separated from their children, for no legitimate economic or public health purpose. For as long as this proclamation is in effect, the parents, siblings, and adult children of U.S. citizens, as well as spouses and young children of permanent residents, simply won’t be allowed to begin a new life together in the United States—even after the State Department consulates reopen, and even though these families have been waiting for years or even decades."

https://www.boundless.com/blog/trump-immigration-ban-who-is-affected/

Timeline

One more: This is by far the more clear interpretation of EO and these guys are lawyers. 

https://www.boundless.com/blog/donald-trump-suspends-us-immigration/

20 minutes ago, vkrishn said:

Read this. 

"Far and away the primary immediate impact is that parents will be separated from their children, for no legitimate economic or public health purpose. For as long as this proclamation is in effect, the parents, siblings, and adult children of U.S. citizens, as well as spouses and young children of permanent residents, simply won’t be allowed to begin a new life together in the United States—even after the State Department consulates reopen, and even though these families have been waiting for years or even decades."

https://www.boundless.com/blog/trump-immigration-ban-who-is-affected/

That has nothing at all to do with what I posted...I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be getting from it or how it impacts anything I stated.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

AOS:

Spoiler

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

NVC

K-1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.