2,698 posts in this topic

55 minutes ago, YvetteS said:

I am curious if anyone in Phoenix or Las Vegas has received their biometrics appointment yet? 

Also- how do you know which office your biometrics will be taken at? Is it just the closest one to your home? I live in Arizona, but my closest office is in Nevada. Does that mean it will be at the Nevada office?

Thanks! 

It's the closest one in my case

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, Npime said:

Great! Thanks! I am in Texas as well. Any updates on any of your cases after the biometrics?

485/131/765 all show 

Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yay a little update on our case:

Did bio august 6th

Case updated to show fingerprints aug 7th

Ready to be scheduled for an interview Aug 10th

I wonder how long it'll  actually take. Checked our office's processing times and it says about 9-35 months :( but oh well at least there's some progress

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
3 hours ago, PupperPup said:

Did bio august 6th

I wonder how long it'll  actually take. Checked our office's processing times and it says about 9-35 months :( but oh well at least there's some progress

After playing around with the processing times for each local USCIS field office for the i-485 form I noticed that just about all of them across the board have the exact same date range of 9-36 months and that this happened right after the furloughs were announced. As such, these don’t seem to be accurate processing times and thus USCIS probably just changed them throughout the system just to play it safe. Our particular field office before this change had practically only a 4-5 month wait. 

Edited by Vik&Yei

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
20 hours ago, GmundShoes96 said:

I spoke to an officer on Emma yesterday to ask about if my biometrics had been filed for an appointment yet (April 8 2020 PD) and was told they had not yet been filed. After that I asked if there was any progress on my case since I submitted an RFE that was received on May 21 for my I485 and has yet to be responded to. The officer took some more info from me and said they were submitting a service request on the case due to it being so long since the RFE was received.

My question is what I should expect to come from this? Will this prompt any action on my case or will I just be notified that they are still working on it?

I have an achingly similar situation as you do! I received an RFE in May and USCIS received it in June. I haven’t heard back from them at all since and they haven’t updated my case status since June.

Can you share how you spoke to an officer and what Emma is? Thanks so much!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline
33 minutes ago, lainey122 said:

I have an achingly similar situation as you do! I received an RFE in May and USCIS received it in June. I haven’t heard back from them at all since and they haven’t updated my case status since June.

Can you share how you spoke to an officer and what Emma is? Thanks so much!

Sure thing! Emma is just the chat assistant on the USCIS website. If you ask for a representative on it it will redirect you to speak live with a USCIS employee. Once I got through to a real person I just asked them if my biometrics had been scheduled yet for my adjustment of status. Make sure to be very direct but also polite in how you pose questions. The officer was able to look at my case after I provided my receipt number and then confirmed that an appointment had not yet been scheduled and that I should expect an appointment within 90 days from when my ASC opened (Los Angeles, July 27).

Disappointing as that was, I figured I would just ask another question while I still had the officer on chat. So I asked if they were able to see any update on my case since RFE had been received and said it had been quite a while since it had been received by them in May with no response. The officer then said she would look into it further, as it had been so long with no update. After answering some basic questions like if I'm affiliated with the military (no), what my mailing address is and some other stuff, they said they were submitting a case inquiry and that I should expect to hear something back in the next 30 days. 

Not sure if that will actually move anything along or what I should expect to hear, but I'm guessing it was probably good to draw some attention to my case and make them do something with it in the next month. 

5 hours ago, PupperPup said:

Did bio august 6th

Frustratingly I had my bio done Aug 5 and since then zero updates (May filer)...

A magical mystery tour of many US visas prior to AOS... (J-1, F-1, H-1B)

I-485/AOS:

Spoiler

EAD/AP - NOA received May 18, 2020

AOS - NOA received May 18, 2020

Biometrics (Code 2) - August 5, 2020

Biometrics take 2 (Code 3) - August 27, 2020

Ready to be Scheduled for Interview - September 8, 2020

EAD/AP Approval Notice - October  1, 2020

EAD Card Received - October 13, 2020

Interview Scheduled Notification - March 1, 2021

Interview Scheduled - April 6, 2021

GC Approved - May 7, 2021

GC Mailed - May 11, 2021

GC Delivered - May 11, 2021

N400 Citizenship:

File Date - January 8, 2024

Biometrics Waiver - January 8, 2024

Interview Scheduled - March 7, 2024

Interview Date - April 12, 2024

Conditionally Approved Pending I-751 Transfer - April 12, 2024

I-751 Case Was Transferred to Another Office - April 12, 2024

Removal of Conditions:

File Date - January 7, 2023

Package Delivered - January 9, 2023

NOA Date - January 10, 2023

NOA Received - January 17, 2023 (dated "received" January 9, 2023)

48 Month Extension Received - March 20, 2023

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
25 minutes ago, GmundShoes96 said:

Sure thing! Emma is just the chat assistant on the USCIS website. If you ask for a representative on it it will redirect you to speak live with a USCIS employee. Once I got through to a real person I just asked them if my biometrics had been scheduled yet for my adjustment of status. Make sure to be very direct but also polite in how you pose questions. The officer was able to look at my case after I provided my receipt number and then confirmed that an appointment had not yet been scheduled and that I should expect an appointment within 90 days from when my ASC opened (Los Angeles, July 27).

Disappointing as that was, I figured I would just ask another question while I still had the officer on chat. So I asked if they were able to see any update on my case since RFE had been received and said it had been quite a while since it had been received by them in May with no response. The officer then said she would look into it further, as it had been so long with no update. After answering some basic questions like if I'm affiliated with the military (no), what my mailing address is and some other stuff, they said they were submitting a case inquiry and that I should expect to hear something back in the next 30 days. 

Not sure if that will actually move anything along or what I should expect to hear, but I'm guessing it was probably good to draw some attention to my case and make them do something with it in the next month. 

Thank you soooo much for your response!! I’ll give that a try and see if I can get anything out of an agent.

It sounds like they put reviewing applications on the back burner. Although I’m relieved that I’m not alone here, but truly hope they will get the ball rolling for everyone!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, Rearviewmirror said:

Frustratingly I had my bio done Aug 5 and since then zero updates (May filer)...

Same here. I had my bio done August 6th and since then I haven't received any updates. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My husband spoke to a representative through Emma today. Same response for the Cleveland office (opened 7/27) as far as having to wait 90 days for biometrics. He also asked again about sending his NOA in the mail for his I-485, since he only received one for his EAD. Said 2-4 weeks due to covid. We filed mid April, lmao. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Has anyone else in this group gotten IOE (National Benefits Center) as their receipt? Our AOS & EAD got IOE and our AP got MSC. But the National Benefits Center isn’t an option for processing times for AOS, so we have no idea what the timeframe is like.

On a side note, I can’t wait for this to all be over so I can stop talking in acronyms 😂

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
40 minutes ago, RCable said:

Has anyone else in this group gotten IOE (National Benefits Center) as their receipt? Our AOS & EAD got IOE and our AP got MSC. But the National Benefits Center isn’t an option for processing times for AOS, so we have no idea what the timeframe is like.

On a side note, I can’t wait for this to all be over so I can stop talking in acronyms 😂

NBC=MSC.

IOE case numbers means the case is been treated as a E-filing application.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Ayrton said:

NBC=MSC.

IOE case numbers means the case is been treated as a E-filing application.

Thanks! I guess there's now way to get a timeline for IOE then. 

On another note, my husband had his biometrics appointment today in Riverside, CA and an hour later his EAD application changed to "Case is being actively reviewed by USCIS". 

Still no movement on the AP (just says "case received) and AOS still says that biometrics was scheduled. But I was surprised to EAD change so fast.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
16 minutes ago, RCable said:

Thanks! I guess there's now way to get a timeline for IOE then. 

On another note, my husband had his biometrics appointment today in Riverside, CA and an hour later his EAD application changed to "Case is being actively reviewed by USCIS". 

Still no movement on the AP (just says "case received) and AOS still says that biometrics was scheduled. But I was surprised to EAD change so fast.

That sounds promising. 

On 8/5/2020 at 2:01 PM, portorusa said:

While for majority it may be good news , for us not at all. My husband would like to get his combo card ASAP but not his green card. The reason is we want to avoid removal of conditions later. Our marriage will be 2 years old at the end of October. We wonder if it’s possible to postpone the AOS interview until after our 2 year anniversary?🧐any thoughts from you guys?

same happened to my case. is there any progress for you?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.