2,698 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, SJ2020 said:

I always clicked yes. And When they asked for availability to start I explain to them my situation. They only ask this if you would require them to sponsor you for work visa... at least that’s what the HR person told me. If you have a job offer you can try expediting the EAD, so that’s what I explained to them. A company has been waiting for me almost 3 months now 😬

Did you try to expedite your EAD? Do you need anything other than a job offer?

Edited by Kai & Jeremy

2019-08-04   Got Married

--- Consullar Processing Stage ---

2020-01-22   Filed I-130 (Consullar Processing)

2020-02-20   Entered the US (originally just for a visit but got stuck in the US thanks to the travel ban)

2020-05-21   I-130 got approved

--- Adjustment of Status Stage ---

2020-06-02   Filed AOS (I-485, I-765, I-131)

2020-06-04   Delivered (PD on receipt)

2020-06-29   Check cashed, received receipt number via SMS

2020-07-08   Received RFIE

2020-07-16   Mailed reponse to RFIE

2020-07-22   Status shows they received response to RFIE

2020-08-31   Received biometrics appointment letter

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
43 minutes ago, Kai & Jeremy said:

Did you try to expedite your EAD? Do you need anything other than a job offer?

Yes, I expedited and my case got approved 7/7 but still waiting on biometrics to be completed for the actual card to get produced and sent out. I used the job offer and an explanation of how much money and benefits I would lose if I lose the offer.

17 hours ago, SJ2020 said:

Yes, I expedited and my case got approved 7/7 but still waiting on biometrics to be completed for the actual card to get produced and sent out. I used the job offer and an explanation of how much money and benefits I would lose if I lose the offer.

I'm sorry that sucks. I wonder if you can start working with the approved EAD notice?

2019-08-04   Got Married

--- Consullar Processing Stage ---

2020-01-22   Filed I-130 (Consullar Processing)

2020-02-20   Entered the US (originally just for a visit but got stuck in the US thanks to the travel ban)

2020-05-21   I-130 got approved

--- Adjustment of Status Stage ---

2020-06-02   Filed AOS (I-485, I-765, I-131)

2020-06-04   Delivered (PD on receipt)

2020-06-29   Check cashed, received receipt number via SMS

2020-07-08   Received RFIE

2020-07-16   Mailed reponse to RFIE

2020-07-22   Status shows they received response to RFIE

2020-08-31   Received biometrics appointment letter

Timeline

Hi, I had my biometrics appointment this morning at 8:00am at ASC Tustin, CA, so wanted to share my experience . I went 20minutes early and waited for them to open and there were 2 other people waiting outside behind me. They started letting us in about 7:55 and everything was so quick I was out by 8:01! It was so quick that when I went back into the car my husband thought they returned me for missing documents or something 😂 I’m hoping my status will change to card produced/mailed this week 🤞🏼 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
1 hour ago, SJ2020 said:

Hi, I had my biometrics appointment this morning at 8:00am at ASC Tustin, CA, so wanted to share my experience . I went 20minutes early and waited for them to open and there were 2 other people waiting outside behind me. They started letting us in about 7:55 and everything was so quick I was out by 8:01! It was so quick that when I went back into the car my husband thought they returned me for missing documents or something 😂 I’m hoping my status will change to card produced/mailed this week 🤞🏼 

Awesome! We hope that you have your card created this week and that you receive your card soon! 🙂 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
27 minutes ago, Vik&Yei said:

Awesome! We hope that you have your card created this week and that you receive your card soon! 🙂 

spoke with USCIS today - printing of cards - you shall expect 30 days processing time

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
20 minutes ago, Viking said:

spoke with USCIS today - printing of cards - you shall expect 30 days processing time

Good to know. Thanks for looking into it. I wonder if cards will still get printed during the furlough? 🤔

Timeline
21 minutes ago, pkingking131 said:

really?oo noo

3 hours ago, Viking said:

Just got a notification that a new card is being produced! Will keep you posted when it actually gets sent out or any updates!

Edited by SJ2020

Timeline

Hi all,

Husband finally received his biometrics appointment. It’s for Aug. 24 in Dallas.

We mailed his AOS packet on April 30. Filing date is May 4 and NOA1 date is May 6.

We did notice that his appointment is just for the green card and EAD. The travel permit was not listed. Was this the case for anyone else?

3BF443DF-7781-4435-9178-033657788B41.jpeg

Timeline
45 minutes ago, PatSquared said:

Hi all,

Husband finally received his biometrics appointment. It’s for Aug. 24 in Dallas.

We mailed his AOS packet on April 30. Filing date is May 4 and NOA1 date is May 6.

We did notice that his appointment is just for the green card and EAD. The travel permit was not listed. Was this the case for anyone else?

3BF443DF-7781-4435-9178-033657788B41.jpeg

Just read back a couple of pages and it seems like this has been a pretty normal occurrence! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 hours ago, SJ2020 said:

Just got a notification that a new card is being produced! Will keep you posted when it actually gets sent out or any updates!

WOW! That was incredibly fast.

I've done my biometric August 6 and I haven't received any updates on my case.

Timeline

Has anyone heard this?

My wife talked to a tier 2 officer yesterday and was told the way they are doing it now is scheduling the biometrics appointment when they are getting close to scheduling the interview. This makes no sense because that could take a long time and meanwhile they won’t produce the EAD. I hope she’s wrong.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.