dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview May 2020

90 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
On 4/25/2020 at 3:14 AM, Alix64 said:

Hello Everyone,

I have talked about this before but since I never got any answer I am trying one more time 🤪

My husband is in the US and I am in France (apart since January :( ).

I am preparing for the itw at the US Embassy in Paris (I know right now everything is on hold but I still want to be prepared).

I would like to know if all documents have to be absolutely originals or only the ones that are strictly about me (=the applicant).

The reason why I am asking that is that

1) CEAC reminds us on their website that we must bring at the itw all documents uploaded, in their original versions,

2) my husband and I would like to avoid having him to fedex from the US to France important documents that could well vanish between the 2 countries.

It concerns the following docs (that were uploaded on NVC website):

- Form I-864

- He was married before and got divorced, so his divorce certificate

- his federal income tax return and W2

- his letter of Employment

- his birth certificate (knowing how long it takes to get a new one in the US).

If anyone is in the same situation, your help is most welcome.

Thank you,

Have all a good week-end,

Alix

I think the requirement is specific to the embassy/consulate. For example, the Ho Chi Minh consulate in Vietnam wants my (the petitioner) original birth certificate, but they specified that photocopy of I-864 is OK, and I only have to submit this photocopy of I-864 if I did not already submit to NVC.

I did mailed my wife the birth certificate and I-864 form with wet signature anyway. Just in case.

Filed: Other Country: France
Timeline
18 hours ago, HDia said:

I think the requirement is specific to the embassy/consulate.

Thank you. And yes, it seems to be up to each Embassy.

Take care HDia :)

USCIS - FILING FOR I-751 (CR1)

May 21st 2022 : package sent (with Fedex / Delivered on May 23rd) 

May 27th 2022: case received with Receipt # (NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER)

May 31st 2022: NOA received. I-797 (24months extension)

June 11th 2022: NOA for a Biometrics appointment (set for June 30th - need to reschedule it - not in the US on that day! 😱)

June 14th 2022: walk in at the Center - all went well. Biometrics done!

December 8th 2022: Received a Notice of Action. I-751 APPROVED! 🎉

December 10th 2022: New GreenCard received in the mail 🥳

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
28 minutes ago, GettingOldWaiting said:

Did anyone receive an interview date after they shut down embassies? I am hearing that NVC is still scheduling interview at respective embassies? Is that true?

We're stuck at NVC. We got DQ on March 16th, and since then nothing.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, GettingOldWaiting said:

Did anyone receive an interview date after they shut down embassies? I am hearing that NVC is still scheduling interview at respective embassies? Is that true?

We've been waiting since December 18th (but our embassy is slow). So far nothing other than a trickle of rumours that some places are scheduling some interviews in May and June. Certainly nothing to show that the NVC is still scheduling interviews and as far as I'm aware the worldwide closure of visa services is still in place. 

I am not a lawyer and nothing I say is or should be taken as legal advice. 

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

Spoiler

Married: August 18th 2018

I-130 Sent: September 18th 2018

PD: September 20th 2018 TSC

NOA1 Received: October 5th 2018
Case Inquiry: July 13th 2019 

Case Inquiry Response: July 24th 2019 - in line for processing.

Escalated Case Inquiry: August 6th 2019 - tier 2 found that internal status was "in background check" despite results coming back 4 months prior.

Escalated Case Inquiry Response: August 7th 2019 - case was "delayed" because they had to "perform additional review" 🙄 case now with an officer.

NOA2: August 22nd 2019 (336 days)

Sent to DOS: September 5th 2019

NVC Received: September 13th 2019

Case Number: October 9th 2019

DS-260 Completed: October 28th 2019

NVC Docs Uploaded: October 29th 2019

DQ: December 18th 2019

Became IR1: August 18th 2020

IL: October 13th 2020

Interview: November 2nd 2020

Visa Received: November 5th 2020

POE: November 8th 2020

GC Received: January 23rd 2021

CR1/IR1 Montreal FAQ:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k927pE5wqzTN5n0lPYZ1JQxgbmnzmNWX5hSteyii0BY/

12 minutes ago, DGF said:

We've been waiting since December 18th (but our embassy is slow). So far nothing other than a trickle of rumours that some places are scheduling some interviews in May and June. Certainly nothing to show that the NVC is still scheduling interviews and as far as I'm aware the worldwide closure of visa services is still in place. 

Yep, they are still closed but there is a line in their closure explanation saying that they still provide mission critical visa services.. So again.. just a hope that spousal visas are critical.. I guess not :(

Routine visas services have been suspended at U.S. posts worldwide, but as resources allow, embassies and consulates will continue to provide emergency and mission critical visa services for applicants who are not subject to this presidential proclamation.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
2 hours ago, Jon & Ygritte said:

We're stuck at NVC. We got DQ on March 16th, and since then nothing.

Same - i've been DQ'ed since March 10th and the NVC has still not transferred my case to the Moscow Embassy. The embassy was willing to schedule my visa interview after i requested emergency services (just requested visa interview to be held since the current situation displaced my wife from work, and is consequently "exacerbating her welfare"  - apparently that was good enough to get them moving. But they could not schedule my interview since it's still at the NVC pending to be scheduled for me. I am pretty confident that if the interview had been scheduled and cancelled, they would've rescheduled it. They did not turn down my request by referencing to a halt in visa interviews, but by the mere fact that the NVC still have my case. 

I would email embassies for those people that had their interviews scheduled and try to evince some sort of emergency service - an innocent request - and see how they respond. I'm not a big fan of waiting as you can tell. Managed to get out of Nebreska Service Center in less than three months. But i feel stuck at the NVC

Hi! I’m new here. I received an email back in March 18 stating that they received all the required documents and will work to Manila embassy to schedule an interview appointment. Is this mean that my case was DQ? And the next step will be for interview? I don’t need to do anything right now, just wait correct? Thanks 😊 

66DCA924-5A9B-4C38-870F-E197D4AFA2F5.jpeg

Edited by Gekgek

2 hours ago, Gekgek said:

Hi! I’m new here. I received an email back in March 18 stating that they received all the required documents and will work to Manila embassy to schedule an interview appointment. Is this mean that my case was DQ? And the next step will be for interview? I don’t need to do anything right now, just wait correct? Thanks 😊 

66DCA924-5A9B-4C38-870F-E197D4AFA2F5.jpeg

Yep - just wait until you hear back from NVC with your interview date scheduled at Manila.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cameroon
Timeline

Hey Everyone!

Just an update on our journey so far.

Immigrant Fee Paid November 22nd 2019

Port of Entry January 24th 2020, Chicago

Card is being produced as of April 27th 2020.

Well wishes to you all and stay safe.

Edited by Andy & Val

5 hours ago, habiburh1990 said:

hi,

is anyone having issues with NVC payment process i have paid since last friday but still it shows as in process i can see the payment taken out of my account but nothing has changed any ideas?

It takes up to two weeks to say Paid at NVC. But you should see it by the end of this week. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Well April is done. We all know the deal. USCIS says they plan to open June 4th (Moved from May 4th) so we must wait and see if the embassies do the same..

Congratulations to all the DQ's now we wait.

I don't think this thread has ever been this quiet 6 pages but that's okay. I pray everyone is safe and healthy.

This thread is now closed let's move on over to the next month start fresh.

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/738398-case-complete-to-interview-june-2020/

Edited by dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.